Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clucygo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 12:13 AM
    How can a landlord evict a tenant with a mental illness going by hear say
    I live in North Carolina. I live in an apartment that is owned by mha.nc.gov/hud.nc.org.

I'm bipolar, I received an eviction notice on Nov.6,2007.

I have to move out on Dec.5,2007, I did appeal it and I have a meeting on Nov.16,2007.

The reasons for evictions, are on October 16, I was loud abusive, I called another tenant {the N word}, and threaten do to kill myself and others, and I did not, on Oct 16 I was in my apartment and all of the sudden there was a knock at my door and someone had called the police and sent me to the hospital overnight.

Well on October 20, I was in and out and I also had a friend with me and I have witness, one the dates, but anyway On October 20, 22, 23 and skip 21 do not know why, but I was suppose to be yelling, and screaming and saying I was going to kill the other tenants.

My question is that these apartments are for people with mental illiness, therefore you will have problems, if the meds are not right etc. or with depression. There is no full time manager on site, which in my opinion there should be one 24hrs, but if I was doing this on the 20,22,23 why didn't anyone call the police, or manager like they did on the 16?

Also on the 16 the manager was the one that signed the papers to put in the hospital, I never seen nor talked to her so these violaitions are hearsay no manager seen me there was no one here.

If anyone can find out anything with the it stating that is not fair, I would apprecaite and espeacially before the Nov 16

Thank you
    Lucy nash
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 01:06 AM
    I think you need to call the equal opportunity housing and ask them for someone to represent you in court and subpoena your witness and anybody in your building willing to stick up for you. Tell the Judge that these claims are unfounded and she must have something against you personally or believing rumors. Try and figure out who would have called the police on you and why. The police won't tell you for *confidentiality* reasons.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 03:14 AM
    I wish you luck,Lucy.

Even in the best of situations, the law can and will, evict you on grounds that you are a possible threat to others, and in an apartment setting, you are closer to your neighbors, have no legal rights as a property owner, and carry less credence in the laws eyes ,than the "average" person.( this is just reality, not my belief)

I know you didn't mean to upset anyone else, it is just the way of the manic/depressed.

When others, especially those who suffer from, say, paranoid schizophrenia,are in your hearing range, living around others who disturb them, what is the apartment managers responsibility?

KEEP THE PEACE, GET RID OF THE PROBLEM.

The law might just agree with the property owner in this case,, BE PREPARED.

Again, good luck, I hope you come out OK in this,

Ken
    clucygo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Okay I know all that but I was trying to say that on the 20,22,23 I was in out and hardly at my apartment, I have a meeting with apartment manager, on Friday, also they are run through mental health, like I said the law nor manager was never called.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 04:26 AM
    So you are trying to say, If the law and manager were not contacted, can they prosecute?

YES, they have presidence(sp?), your previous behavior,justified or not, it is presidence, now this isn't saying your guilty or going to be evicted, just they have a solid reasoning behind the allegations.

It might end up fine, just the proverbial slap on the wrist,or not, only time will tell.

Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental illness [ 12 Answers ]

Are there any government programs that will train the mentally ill for employment? Thanks, L.E.

Mental illness vs physical illness [ 6 Answers ]

I need advise on what to do about my older sister. She is 57 years old and has spent most of her adult life in and out of hospitals. Although she does have some real medical problems she constantly complains about her health. She is fairly dependent on pain medications although she denies...

Addiction or Mental Illness [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have a sister that has hit rock bottom. I do not know how to help her. I am not sure if she is depressed or having withdrawals from a diet pill (Didrex), she doesn't take them to loose weight, she takes them for the high. She has been taking them for about four years and her tolerance...

Do I have mental illness [ 6 Answers ]

Do I have mental illness?I can't control my anger always.. I easily get mad and want to turned something to a big fight always.. How do I deal with my anger management problem?is there any medication for this?

Not guilty by reason of mental illness [ 4 Answers ]

If a person has 6 felonies because of his charge of either guilty my mental illness or not guilty by mental illness and has probation until 2017, is there a chance, with good behavior, of getting early off on this? Anyone know? Also, can the probation be transferred to another state? Anyone hear of...

View more questions Search