Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Godzilla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Can my wife still own a gun with my felony conviction
    I will be sentenced soon to a felony wire fraud conviction. I own several firearms and had a concelaed weapons permit. Obvoiusly all that is now gone forever, but can my wife still own a gun and keep in same household? I have read conflicitng ideas on this and am trying to get the real details.
    carbonite Posts: 47, Reputation: 8

Mar 25, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Yes, just be sure none of your fingerprints are on it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Hello God:

Her rights can't be taken away even if you are a convicted felon. However, if you have any follow-up, like probation or parole, they can make her/YOU get rid of it while you're on supervision.

excon
    ingecordts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Of course your wife can own handguns. You are not allowed to be around firearms or even bullets.

Under federal law title 18 USC 922, a convited felon cannot be around firearms. You can be sentenced up to 10 years... I know as I have been in federal court when the judge sentenced people who were convicted felons.

If you are placed on parole, you can live with your wife, but there can be no guns in the house.
    LucianNavarro Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

May 17, 2009, 11:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I will be sentenced soon to a felony wire fraud conviction. I own several firearms and had a concelaed weapons permit. Obvoiusly all that is now gone forever, but can my wife still own a gun and keep in same household? I have read conflicitng ideas on this and am trying to get the real details.
    Can a felon purchase, possess or carry a firearm?

My answer will surprise you.

** edited out advertising and off board requests which violated our rules. Since by federal law you can not own one, the answer should not be surprising at all.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 18, 2009, 09:20 AM

I believe - and I realize there are Federal Laws - that it varies from State to State.

Waiting for the expert to show up -

J_9, where are you?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 18, 2009, 09:34 AM

The OP's question was from March 25, 2007. I think it's a tad late for Lucian Navarro's answer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2009, 09:36 AM

Old thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Felony conviction hurting professional career [ 5 Answers ]

I have a felony drug conviction on my record from 8 years ago, for which I did 3 years in state prison. Since getting out, Ive completed 3 years of college and have a 3.9 gpa. I interned at a major insurance company (will remain nameless), after my internship they offered me a full time position. ...

Finding jobs in ireland with a conviction [ 2 Answers ]

I live in ireland and I have a conviction in the misuse of drugs act. In other words I got convicted for dealing. I just want to know what kind of jobs(even with a degree) can I not apply for? And is psychiatric nursing, teaching and the guards out of the question?

Reclaiming social acceptance after a felony domestic violence conviction [ 11 Answers ]

In 1998 I was convicted of "felony menacing with a deadly weapon" after losing my composure for a split second, during a very ugly separation in the state of Colorado. No one was injured, or touched in anyway during the commission of my crime. I served my time, completed counseling, psychotherapy,...

View more questions Search