Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    runnergirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 06:22 PM
    EtG urine test
    Is there anything I can take to eliminate ETG from urine?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 10, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Simple really, don't drink. If you are taking an alcohol urine test just don't drink for 2 - 3 days prior to the urine test.

Alcohol stays in the urine only 12 - 24 hours.
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Nov 11, 2010, 02:35 PM
    Runnergirl,
    I have not found any products that remove ETG. ETG is water soluble and can be diluted, but your urine may turn up dilute and be considered a positive. There are a few good articles that will give you some sort of idea how long the ETG is left in your system. Remember, when looking at the articles, usually the testers only checked urine one time per day so that may make it appear that EtG is in the system for longer than it really is. I can't find much (or hardly any) information on ETG and females.
    kristiandtod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 06:40 PM
    I have passed the EtG urine test for alcohol in 24 hours after drinking. I take mialk thistle capsules and drink a glass of weater with 2-3 tlbs of vinegar a couple times a day and a few hours beffore your test. I am a fat over weight person that doesn't getr much exercise at all. But I don't promise anything
    nisey68 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 03:44 PM
    This is to kristiandtod, How much alcohol did u consum 24 hrs before test?
    nisey68 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 03:47 PM
    I don't think that people should be drinking if they are in a thing for drinking because that shows how much you are as a alcoholic and that just means you can't live without it and you have to drink it so might want to challenge yourself and see if you can do it:)
    frankieinmt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 12:22 PM
    Um... im on probation for a feloney d.u.I in Montana. I discharge march 3rd. I drank several times and at the 72 hour mark or less I haven't failed an EtG. Been doing this a while. My party habits are pretty brutal. Most the time I don't remember how many drinks I had. And I usually end up hitting the white stuff. Maybe the combination off speed and booze, not eating, and hydrating because of lack of sleep is the trick... don't do what I've said here. Just wondering how long it really takes to get etgs out of my system?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2012, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieinmt View Post
    um...im on probation for a feloney d.u.i in montana. i discharge march 3rd. i drank several times and at the 72 hour mark or less i havent failed an etg. been doing this a while. my party habits are pretty brutal. most the time i dont remember how many drinks i had. and i usually end up hittin the white stuff. maybe the combination off speed and booze, not eating, and hydrating because of lack of sleep is the trick... dont do what ive said here. just wondering how long it really takes to get etgs out of my system?
    There probably isn't a direct answer to "how long it really takes." But, from your description and practice it's apparent that it is substantially less than 80-120 hours even after heavy consumption.

Wonder if you would help me with a couple of questions?

1) What were you told about the EtG test. The purpose of testing etc. and:
    2) How did you discover that you could drink and still pass the test?
    3) Do you know of anyone else that drinks while being EtG tested?

I would point out that you are completely anonymous here and that my interest is in the claims surrounding this test.
    nihau2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 12:20 AM
    This test is lame. I've been trying to figure out why my tests are coming back positive, and apparently the smallest contact sets it off.

Alcoholism.about.com/od/work/a/etg.htm
    Wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_is_alcohol_in_your_urine_for_a_d

Apparently its also important if you are drinking, to avoid ALL CONTACT with the stuff that sets it off (i.e. Alcohol-based deodorant, hand sanitizer) but also, according to one of these articles, things as innocuous as laundry detergent. One thing I have not seen listed, which is a biggie, I believe, is GASOLINE, as gasoline today contains 10% ETHANOL. So by handling it you absorb it through your skin and by breathing the fumes you are inadvertently inhaling alcohol vapor. I don't know if anyone remembers the Vaporizers that were popular at nightclubs a few years back, but it's the same thing. Sucking in the fumes. So if you're trying to lower your levels, you need to avoid things that will dose you with alcohol and drag out the process. Drink a lot of water, start exercising to speed up your metabolism and give yourself time to flush. Also you may want to try things like pomegranate and unsweetened grape or cherry juice for the antioxidant powers. Another thing I had heard of is dipping your finger in some bleach and when you pee in the cup, dip your finger in it, which reactivates the bleach and goes into the sample, screwing up the test, but I have never tried it myself. I never had to worry about it because I only drank, and this was before this bulls**t EtG test.

Also, Some other postings say e.coli eats the EtG, and recommend putting your finger in your butt and wiping the inside of the container. Get Freaky!!
    ATB112 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 04:20 PM
    this is to nisey68
    just because you are not aloud to drink and are being tested for it.. it does not mean that you are an alcoholic or can't handle your drinking habits. I was pulled over 2 hours after my last drink at a bar, after not eating all day, and blew a .041 .001 over the legal limit but, a DUI is a .080 and over. Because I was a SIP over the limit of a DWAI I had my license swiped for a year, and I have to test once a month at random for drugs and alcohol. So no not everyone in this position is has a drinking problem and yes it sucks being 25 and unable to have a glass of wine at dinner with your friends after a long day at work, or go out on a date and have a drink while getting to know someone. SO you and your judgemental self can legit EFF-OFF. How about for fun you don't drink for an entire year and challenge yourself. Let me know how that goes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flase-positive results on the EtG test for alcohol [ 4 Answers ]

I have Schizoaffective Disorder, and my Doctor told me I could have a few beers here and there and it would not hurt anything, but around Christmas I got pulled over for doing one of those "rolling stop" things coming home. They said I didn't act drunk and were going to let me go home, if I could...

Negative blood test and urine test! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late...

Urine test [ 2 Answers ]

I had 2 drinks last night and took a urine test at 9am this morning. Will the alcohol be detected?

EtG test (80 hour Alcohol test) - Drink Friday will it be there on Tuesday/Wednesday? [ 21 Answers ]

I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!? :confused: :eek:

Urine test [ 2 Answers ]

How long does methodone stay in your system on a urine test?

View more questions Search