Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phobia3539 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 11:37 PM
    Dry red itchy sensitive skin
    Need help with my skin!!
    Hi everyone... I have always had problems with my skin every now & again my face only my face gets really dry where it flakes all the time red & itchy very blotchy with a lot of little lumps I was wondering if anyone can help I can't afford expenisive products or if anyone can help me soothe my skin much appreciated
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Nov 6, 2007, 01:08 AM
    The same thing happens to me about once every few months. What I do is usually use hydrocortizone cream all over... or I wash my face with a very mild and hypoallergenic soap, such as neutrogena... then sometimes rinse with a mix of water and lemon. Then use a natural hydrating lotion, like aloe vera products. Aloe products are very helpful, and can be very soothing and moisturizing.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 8, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Sweetie, it sounds like you may have a form of eczema and dry skin. Eczema is a skin condition that makes your skin red, dry, scaly and itchy. Hydrocortisone creams contain steroid and can cause thinning of the skin. You shouldn't apply hydrocortisone creams on your face unless you were told to by a doctor. Try using a mild facial cleanser when you wash your face, and use lukewarm water instead of hot water. And apply a face cream or moisturizer on your face twice a day. If you don't see any improvement in a week or so, see a dermatologist. A dermatologist may be able to determine the cause of your skin problem and prescribe a treatment that suits you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry itchy skin/ blisters with white bumps [ 9 Answers ]

My skin is so dry and itchy and I get blister looking bumps with white heads but they are not pimples and it's all over my body, what is it? I sometimes scratch until it bleeds and then it's a open wound. What is it and what do I do to get relief?

Dry sensitive skin.. Help! [ 10 Answers ]

I have really really sensitive and dry skin.I use vitamin e oil as a moisturizer,but sometimes I just want a cream that lasts at least 8 hours,but I have not found that yet.Any suggestions?! (not to mention that I have eczema too!)

Dry, Itchy, Flaky Skin [ 7 Answers ]

I need a miracle for my dog. He is a retreiver mix with horrible skin. His skin is dry, itchy, and flaky. I groom him often and bath him regularly. He has been to the vet for it and been given medication, but it doesn't help. It has made it worse. I thought that maybe it was his food, so I...

Shih tzu dry itchy skin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my mum has a shih tzu dog that has dry red itchy skin, apparently common with this breed. She has tried everything now she gets medication from vet. He still scratches but a little less severely. Love some advice

Tiny itchy red bumps that dry up in a day or two [ 2 Answers ]

I have tiny red itchy bumps that pop up on my ankles, legs, back, stomach and pretty much that's it. They come up individually and also in clusters at times. They pop up suddenly, itch more at times than at other times and then dry up within a day or two. The bumps are about the size of a head of...

View more questions Search