Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rawr_itssonya Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Nov 2, 2007, 02:08 PM
    I'm pregnant and I don't want it. What do I do?
    I've already decided I want to terminate this pregnancy. I can't raise a child or birth a child. I can't remain pregnant. I know that sounds awful, and that's really not the type of person I am but I seriously CANT. What should I do? I have some birth control, but I don't want to OD on it. Should I just get an abortion? I'm 2 weeks late on my period and got a positive pregnancy test. What should I do? I have a supportive father of the baby. We've been together 2 years and he's staying with me. But we can't raise a child.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Go see your doctor, first and foremost.

She will be able to confirm your pregnancy, and then (if she's a good doctor) talk to you about your options.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Taking too much of your birth control is only a myth. It will rarely, if ever, cause a spontaneous abortion.

Please follow Synnen's advice.
    rawr_itssonya Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Nov 2, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Taking too much of your birth control is only a myth. It will rarely, if ever, cause a spontaneous abortion.

Please follow Synnen's advice.
    So should I just go get an abortion?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 2, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Definitely see a doctor first thing. Don't take a bunch of birth control. It won't be like a medical abortion. It will only make you sick. Go see the doctor and tell them what you told us. He/she can let you know what your options are and help point you in the right direction. If money is an issue, see if there are any free clinics or clinics for the uninsured in your area. You could also check the yellow pages for pregnancy counseling centers. They often have free pregnancy testing. If there is a medical reason you can't have a child, then get to a doctor ASAP. If the doctor won't take the time to talk to you, like I said, check out the pregnancy counseling centers. They have very nice people who work there. Once the doctor confirms that you are pregnant, you can also talk things over with your boyfriend, if that's what you want. Hope this helps!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rawr_itssonya
    so should i just go get an abortion?
    Although you WILL get many opinions here, as we are quite the opinionated group, it is not our decision to make.

Some are pro-life, yet others are pro-choice. We do not know you or your particular circumstances. This is a decision that is completely and totally individual, and only you and your partner can make this decision WITHOUT interfering factors (and yeah, you'll get that here).

Please make an appointment with your doctor to discuss ALL of your options.
    sothisislife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 03:53 PM
    i've already decided i want to terminate this pregnancy. i can't raise a child or birth a child. i can't remain pregnant. i know taht sounds awful, and thats really not the type of person i am but i seriously CANT. what should i do? i have some birth control, but i dont want to OD on it. should i just get an abortion? i'm 2 weeks late on my period and got a positive pregnancy test. what should i do? i have a supportive father of the baby. we've been together 2 years and he's staying with me. but we can't raise a child.
    Im pro-choice, and I believe that it is your choice to do what ever you want with your life. Your very lucky the father is supportive, but if he is or isn't, you're the one who is pregnant. It is your choice so don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. What ever you do, make sure it helps you.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Okay, okay, let's not try to make this into a "pro-life" "pro-choice" issue.
    The OP has already stated her mind is made up... and is not asking advice on weather it's right or wrong...

So you are decided that you want to terminate the pregnancy. So you need to do as the others have stated... go to your doctor, get a blood test to verify the pregnancy, then your doctor will be able to give you more advice on where to go from there.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Pro-life is what I am. My question would be, where was your birth control when this happened. It is sad to think you want to end this child's life when there are couples out there that would gladly adopt your child at birth and raise it as their own. Go and see the doctor and perhaps they will try and tell you also about pro-life options.
    HollyAnngel Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Nov 4, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Birth control is not always effective and this is a very had decision Im sure... Espesially if you feel you are not the kind of person that would get an abortion. Are you just scared to have a child or do you not want to tell your family because of his age?
    Miss lovley Posts: 125, Reputation: 5

Nov 5, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Why would you want to kill your own flesh and blood that is just wrong go the 9 months give birth and give the child up for adoption.
    softbelly Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Nov 6, 2007, 11:55 AM
    i've already decided i want to terminate this pregnancy. i can't raise a child or birth a child. i can't remain pregnant. i know taht sounds awful, and thats really not the type of person i am but i seriously CANT. what should i do? i have some birth control, but i dont want to OD on it. should i just get an abortion? i'm 2 weeks late on my period and got a positive pregnancy test. what should i do? i have a supportive father of the baby. we've been together 2 years and he's staying with me. but we can't raise a child.

Go and kill your child! And think and wonder about what you did for the rest of your life.
    I would give up my own life to have my own child. But I can't because of health problems don't allow me. But you for whatever reasons would rather kill yours. There's couples out there would do anything to have a child but they can't. I will never understand this one side is killing the other is wanting it so badly but can't get pregnant. There's so little babies to adopt because they all get killed, murdered by their mothers. You have two options neither is easy 1/the selfish one is to go to doctor and ask him to tear the baby out of your womb. 2/ the loving one, give up the baby for adoption to a loving couple that desperately want to raise a child. The choice is yours. Sorry for me being so blunt, but there's no reason hiding behind nice words, when it's clearly murder.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 12:11 PM
    A. The OP hasn't responded since the orginial posting

B. there is no reason to 'attack' the OP

C. the OP was not asking was it right or wrong... she already cleary stated she decided to terminate the pregnany

D. the OP was asking for advice on what to do now that she has made the very hard decision to teminate her pregnany... THAT is what our advice should be focused on.

E. for the record, before this turns into more of an issue... I am pro-life, so you are hearing this from someone who doesn't agree with abortion... but that is NOT what the OP was asking advice on.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 6, 2007, 12:13 PM
    There really is no option for you without seeing a doctor. A doctor will give you a blood test to confirm your pregnancy, talk about your options, and refer you to another doctor who will perform it if you so choose.

Don't try and do anything without professional help. Women who try to induce abortions through drugs (or worse) only become ill and risk their own lives as well.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Mack- I need to spread the love. But, I needed to give you a big hug.

I too am pro-life, but attacking the OP for her decision is not helping her with her question. Well said Mack!

Nov 6, 2007, 12:47 PM
    OP should see an abortion only then she could make up her mind!
    I tell these were pro-choice girls future nurses, and they described the abortion as... the doctor ripped the head of the baby, then hands and legs of the body. You could see the limbs being torn of the body. They were clearly shaken by what they just saw!! OP needs to open her eyes and see, and calling things by the right names is not and attack.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Softbelly... many of us, as you can see, are pro-life, and we still offer advice in a useful manner... we also know exactly what an abortion entails... there are many "debate" questions asked here a lot... THAT is where you should debate the issue.

Nov 6, 2007, 01:02 PM
    You are not pro-life, you are just saying you are, it doesn't matter, someone has to speak for the baby, that unfortunately has no choice in this matter, yet his/her life is being destroyed.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 01:04 PM
    softbelly you are missing the point - THIS thread is not the place for a pro-life/pro-choice debate. Should you wish to start one, feel free, but THIS thread is not the place for it, and if it continues in this direction, it is likely the mods will close/delete the thread.
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Nov 6, 2007, 01:05 PM
    If I were you, I would go to your nearest plan-parenthood, they will be able to give you all your options and if you decided to terminate the pregnancy then they can help you with everything. If you don't mind me asking how old are you? The only reason why I ask was I was 15 when I had my son, so I know how you feel right now. So if you need someone that has been there before to talk to just let me know. My other e-mail is EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know if I'm pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I was suppose to get my period the 28th of August and I didn't. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he came in me twice but I wasn't ovulating. Is there a chance that I can be pregnant?:)

I don't think I can get pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Well I'm 17 married and trying to have a baby we have been trying for 5 months and nothing what's wrong with me?? :(

Don't know what its like to be pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

I'm afraid to take a pregnancy test, I have taken so many, just because I am afraid of being pregnant. I looked up the symptoms online before and read a few and I have more than half. Does it mean I am? I wake up every morning nauseaous and certain smells make me sick. Are there other illnesses...

Don't think its possible I'm pregnant, but am I? [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have never had unprotected sex. I know that sometimes there are chances that conception could still happen, and that is why I'm wondering. My last period was July 12, which makes me 36 days late. There has been no change in my daily life, no stress or anything. I have taken...

I don't know if I am pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Well my boyfriend and I have sex a lot and I missed my period but it came back I haven't been feeling good nauseaus and my breasts are sore I don't think I can take a test till my period is over my mom had her period when she was pregnant with me so I am not sure if it works the same with me or not...

View more questions Search