Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Oct 31, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Chip in paint on KATA eyeglass frames
    I have a pair of KATA eyeglass frames with a very small spot where the paint is chipped. I paid over $300 for the frames so I want to keep them. My lenses are very expensive anyway. I have a very strong perscription and need to get special lenses/frames so my glasses don't look too thick. I also want modern looking glasses (I am in my 20s) so I love the KATA styles. They are made of titanium. If I use a tiny bit of gold nail polish, will this cover the paint chip? I am concerned that if I correct it with nail polish, the piece of polish may come off, making the spot worse. If I do use nail polish, how should I apply it? I don't want it to look too thick. The glasses are a gold color. I have seen how the dry polish looks and I think it is almost identical in color to the frames. I took the glasses to the store where I originally purchased them; they said there was nothing they could do. Will nail polish stick to and look halfway decent on titanium frames? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 06:40 PM
    I would suggest taking the frames where you purchased them and asking them about a warranty... all frames have a warranty.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 3, 2007, 11:46 AM
    I'll have to ask them about it. All I asked them before was if they could fix the chip. I've had them a while, but maybe they are still under warranty. In most cases, do I need to have the actual warranty paper? I probably had something like that originally, but I've moved several times and I'm sure I don't anymore. I'll have to check it out. The only thing that sucks is that the store I bought them at is 4 hrs. away, and it isn't part of a chain, so there aren't any around here. I'll have to take it up there when I go visit at Christmas. Thanks again for your answer. I can't believe I never thought to ask them! :)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 3, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Nope, they won't give you a warranty paper... it's just in the paperwork that the place you bought it from has.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eye glass frames [ 1 Answers ]

Who fixes old eye glass frames in Massachusetts?

View more questions Search