Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:07 PM
    Don't tell me the police officer asked if you had bled it yet, Jan! That's what the officer who attended our accident asked. He didn't even ask if the kids were okay!

Ah, yes, I do appreciate what you experience sitting in that tree. :) I used to hunt when I was younger with my uncle. I always hung back and threw little pebbles to scare the animals away. :D I hold little grudge to people who hunt for purpose. Most deer hunters are very responsible. I might feel differently if I enjoyed the meat, but I happen to be a real cow lover! :D Truly, what I am opposed to is farm hunting where the animals being hunted are not able to get away due to fences.

Here, a lot of my neighbours hunt geese with bow and arrow, and the deer with gun. In fact, many of the older children are absent from school during hunting season. I just don't like it when they get MY deer! ;) I want to put a lick out so I can get some great photos, but I won't entice them any more than the grains in the fields already do.

I am glad you are okay after your accident.

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:13 PM
    Thank you, Jan. Most of my poetry can be a little... ummmm... warm for this site. :D Hee hee. I might post some of my other poetry though. Let me think on it. I'm very shy about sharing because I know that just because I think it's good doesn't mean others will. It's all relative, right?

Have a good night and a wonderful weekend with your grands. I know what you mean about playing hard! Will miss your posts, but hopefully you will get a few minutes to pop in from time to time.

Hugs, Soul Sister!

Didi
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Nov 2, 2007, 11:21 PM
    I suppose I could photograph the work in progress and stuff :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    i suppose i could photograph the work in progress and stuff :)
    Woohoo! I can't wait!

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:42 PM
    Oh, and Sean, sorry for a blonde moment in my previous post to you. I did see that the song is "Time of Your Life". It just kind of slipped by me while answering your post!

Hugs, Didi
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    Ah, yes, I do appreciate what you experience sitting in that tree. :) Truly, what I am opposed to is farm hunting where the animals being hunted are not able to get away due to fences.
    Here, a lot of my neighbours hunt geese with bow and arrow, and the deer with gun. In fact, many of the older children are absent from school during hunting season. I just don't like it when they get MY deer! ;) I want to put a lick out so I can get some great photos, but I won't entice them any more than the grains in the fields already do.

I am glad you are okay after your accident.

Hugs, Didi
    Can't settle down again so here I am. I do need to make myself selep. Sleep does not come easy for me on normal nights! LOL The longer I am away from hunting, the less enticing it has become. I am so grateful for the experiences though. I agree with you about farm hunting. I don't exactly see the sport in it or the challenge. Looking for signs through the woods is half of the fun prior to the season. We used to take the children out and show them things to look for, signs of deer, rubs on small trees, etc. Just a great teaching time for them learning about all of God's wonderful creations that they would not have experienced unless they walked through the woods.

Have you ever painted on leaves? I just started two years ago so we do go out and try to find large leaves with good surfaces. There is a process one artist has perfected where she paints on leaves, puts them through this process and the leaves remain flexible and retain color. I have used something on them that makes them a little flexible after they are completely dried but it only lasts a few weeks. I am fascinated by the process the gal came up with but of course, she did not share her secrets! :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:50 PM
    Hi! :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    i suppose i could photograph the work in progress and stuff :)
    Please do!! I hope you keep photographs of all your work. You will be amazed as you grow in your art how many pieces you will forget that you did through the years, as you get older (like me)! :p
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi! :)
    Hey there!
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Hey there!

Thank you, Jan! :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Thank you, Jan! :)
    You are welcome but what for??
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:57 PM
    You are welcome but what for???
    Greeting me, of course! :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! My pleasure! We missed you being on earlier! Didi, Cal and I had a good visit but missed you! Glad you are here now. :)
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:04 AM
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! My pleasure! We missed you being on earlier! Didi, Cal and I had a good visit but missed ya! Glad you are here now. :)
    Thank you again, Jan!

Gak! :eek: Now I can see that I have a tremendous amount of catching up to do on this thread! But, not tonight. Have a concert for which I am preparing that will be happening on this Sunday, the 4th, plus some other things going on. I have really missed the discourse on this thread!
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:04 AM
    Hiya Craig! :) How are you tonight?

No, Jan, I have never tried painting other than what you have seen here. That leaf painting sounds intriguing, though!

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:07 AM
    Hiya Craig! :) How are you tonight?

No, Jan, I have never tried painting other than what you have seen here. That leaf painting sounds intriguing, though!

Hugs, Didi
    Hi, Christine! :)

Very harried! (Don't know if that's the correct spelling for that word. Spell Check didn't find anything wrong with it.)
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:12 AM
    Well, I will leave it with you all now and go to bed for real this time, unless I don't. LOL
    Hope to see you all back here on Sunday or Monday evening. I will be checking in from time to time but busy weekend. Craig, you have a great concert. I want to hear about it next week. Didi, so glad you were back on tonight. Hope to catch you again on the thread also Sunday or Monday evening! Sweet dreams! :) Cal if you are still on, catch you later also!

Night night!
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:14 AM
    Well, if you are feeling harried, I don't know if you even want to try catching up tonight! :P

It's difficult to be away from here, isn't it? :) I admit, I'm addicted.

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:14 AM
    Until later then, Jan! Sweet dreams! :)
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:17 AM
    Well, if you are feeling harried, I don't know if you even want to try catching up tonight! :P

It's difficult to be away from here, isn't it? :) I admit, I'm addicted.

Hugs, Didi
    I am also addicted very much! It is hard to stay away, especially when you find people who are very much like yourself! But, like I have said before, I don't think that it's any accident as to why certain people come into each other's lives.

I am really uptight about the concert...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search