Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 02:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    One of your gifts is to be clear, concise, and thorough in your giving of information. You have a way of getting people excited about what you are excited about. I would like to hear a tape of you playing sometime or see a video clip. I have an idea, you put so much of yourself into your music that you become the music. Thank you for sharing this part of you with all of us on the forum. Tomorrow, well, today actually, LOL, the people reading the posts will be happy to know more of what you do and how much heart you put into it.

Aw, that was very sweet of you Jan! Thank you! We are two birds of a feather that flock together! There are very few differences in us concerning art and caring about others. Beyond that, it becomes difficult to explain the similarities because they are so complex. It's like trying to define love. It's too difficult. In order to understand what we are talking about, a person really has to be there. In my own wording, "People don't know what they're missing, 'cause they haven't been there yet."

I basically asked permission to come on this thread initially. I felt left out. But, what I do is as much an art as what everyone else does here.

We are all one, here!

You do know that you will hear me "live" at some point in the future? It will be easy to do... :)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 02:14 AM
    Jan,
    I hope you are all right..
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 02:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Aw, that was very sweet of you Jan! Thank you! We are two birds of a feather that flock together! There are very few differences in us concerning art and caring about others. Beyond that, it becomes difficult to explain the similarities because they are so complex. It's like trying to define love. It's too difficult. In order to understand what we are talking about, a person really has to be there. In my own wording, "People don't know what they're missing, 'cause they haven't been there yet."

I basically asked permission to come on this thread initially. I felt left out. But, what I do is as much an art as what everyone else does here.

We are all one, here!

You do know that you will here me "live" at some point in the future? It will be easy to do.... :)
    I think there have been so many people asking for you to post images and articles because they do recognize you as an artist of high quality.

I don't quite understand the last sentence. Did I miss something?? When can I hear you "live"?? Please fill me in Craig.

I am sorry to have to close here. I have really enjoyed our visit about the arts and people who become their art by being so immersed in it. It is as you say, we are all one here, and that means we are one in unity one with another but also one with our art I think. I hope you have a great night Craig and I look forward to more in depth visits with you and others about the passion we have for art and each other! Good night and Sweet Dreams!
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 02:28 AM
    I think there have been so many people asking for you to post images and articles because they do recognize you as an artist of high quality.

I don't quite understand the last sentence. Did I miss something??? When can I hear you "live"??? Please fill me in Craig.

I am sorry to have to close here. I have really enjoyed our visit about the arts and people who become their art by being so immersed in it. It is as you say, we are all one here, and that means we are one in unity one with another but also one with our art I think. I hope you have a great night Craig and I look forward to more in depth visits with you and others about the passion we have for art and each other! Good night and Sweet Dreams!

We have already spoken on the phone, Jan. It would be easy for me to play something for you over the phone. The pianos are right there!

I do wish you a goodnight and I also look forward to the in-depth discussions concerning the things that are our arts as well as our passions that we have for each other.

If grammadidi thought that she was about caught up, then she is in for a big surprise! :D
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 02:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Jan,
    I hope you are alright..
    Hey there FB!
    Thank you! It was just a crazy night and got banged around a bit. Basically just jarred so to speak. Glad the deer did not come through the windshield. It did come up and come toward it but by a miracle, it went straight back down rather than what usually happens. Thank you for your concern.

I will bid you a good day and will try to make myself go on to bed now! With good friends like you and Craig and Didi tonight, it has helped settle me a bit and get my mind on good and positive thoughts! Thank you to each of you! Much love is felt for all of you! I know that may sound strange since we are each just typing to one another on a computer but I do feel so connected to each of you and appreciate you all so much!
    Love, Jan
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 02:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    We have already spoken on the phone, Jan. It would be easy for me to play something for you over the phone. The pianos are right there!

I do wish you a goodnight and I also look forward to the in-depth discussions concerning the things that are our arts as well as our passions that we have for each other.

If grammadidi thought that she was about caught up, then she is in for a big surprise! :D
    Good night special friend. You are completely correct. I will hear you play soon!

Didi, you better read fast! LOL

Night night!
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 02:34 AM
    Good night, friend!
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Nov 2, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    That is why I like Sean's work... it speaks volumes. I wish he could write about how he feels the same way he expresses it in his art. I would buy up every book on the shelves! :)

Hugs, Didi
    Awwww thank you didi :)
    I wish I could write like that too hehe
    How is everyone?
    Jrebel, that house drawing is fantastic
    And clough, did you say "it is one of my grand pianos"
    You have more than one grand piano? I'm insanely jealous lolz, I wish I had a piano
    I want to learn piano, but I have been told that it is incredibly hard, and pianos take up a lot of space and aren't cheap
    Am currently learning guitar (at the moment I'm learning to play a song for the first time :))
    The song is time of your life by greenday (awesome song, real easy to play too :))
    Can't wait to see more art:)
    In art at the moment we are getting to the end of the design stage of our final studeo for the year, and soon we will start making polystyrene sculptures influenced by jean dubuffet :)
    Can't wait to use that hot wire cutter it looks like so much fun, you have to be perfectly still while cutting because it cuts polystyrene so effortlessy, that it can cut into the polystyrene just from your hand shaking, without any effort from you lolz
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    awwww thankyou didi :)
    i wish i could write like that too hehe
    jrebel, that house drawing is fantastic
    and clough, did you say "it is one of my grand pianos"
    cant wait to use that hot wire cutter it looks like so much fun, you have to be perfectly still while cutting coz it cuts polystyrene so effortlessy, that it can cut into the polystyrene just from your hand shaking, without any effort from you lolz
    There you are Cal! :) Missed you a few times I have been on the thread! The hot wire cutter sounds a little bit scary to me! Be safe with it! The Mama side of me coming out! LOL I won't be on here much over the weekend but will try to at least view the posts. I will check back in Sunday evening or Monday! Glad you enjoyed the drawing of the house. It was a challenge! Looking forward to more posts by you. One question>>> You say "Design stage of our final studio for the year". You have made that reference before. I may just be really out of it but when you say final stuido, would you mind to educate me on what that means please??? I thank you much!
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Nov 2, 2007, 09:59 PM
    Okay
    In year 11 art class we do one studio each term of the year
    This year we did a drawing one, a photography one, a printmaking one, and now a sculpture one.
    The studio has to be influenced by a famous artist of some kind, and has to fit the mediums/theme set to us.
    We have to do design development (sketches,drawings, designs, famous artist inspired stuff, etc) in a visual diary to show how we got to our final design.
    Then we have to make the studio.
    It can be very high stress sometimes, especially since we have to do art history essays and research as well, and have exams coming up, leaving us with very little time to do a lot of work (thats why I'm dropping down to art and design next year which is similar but without essays/art history to ease the pressure so I can just worry about doing studios/visual diary)
    Though despite the stress, it is a lot of fun, just difficult to get it all done in time lolz
    And about the hot wire cutter, it doesn't seem dangerous
    All it is is a bit of wire suspended between 2 prongs on like a gun thingo which passes like 2 volts of electricity through the wire, making it cut the polystyrene lolz
    More worried about accidentally cutting the studio wrong than cutting my fingers lolz
    Keep up the good art, I mite show some pics of my studio as I am making it later lolz :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Thank you for sharing that. So, a studio is basically then a project if I am understanding your post correctly. I am a bit fuzzy headed this evening. Forgive if I don't seem to get it as I should. :)

Cal, I really look forward to you posting your art work. I wish we could get more people posting and talking about their work. I guess I am just so needy right now to have fellow artists to visit with. I only have two friends who are at all active in art and or crafts. One is taking classes in the language of Cherokee (Native language of the Cherokee Indians in Oklahoma) and learning to make pottery the way the Cherokees did it eons ago. I love her pottery. She has dug her own clay, worked the clay, refined it, make her pottery, fired it, showed it in art shows locally. But she is not into much of the other arts and doesn't really have the soul of an artist. She and I have been bf's since 8th grade and I won't even share with you how long ago that has been. LOL The other gal, never finishes a piece but is very talented. She lacks self confidence. Anyway, I am thankful for you and all the others on the thread.
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:19 PM
    My nephew passed away two years ago. I asked my sister if I could do a drawing of his cowboy boots. He is 1/4 Creek Indian. She photographed them in Tennessee where she lives and sent them to me. I told Craig last night I would try to post a photo I worked from, plus the drawing. I just don't like being the only one posting art work. Don't want to monoplolize the thread. I think I will wait unitl others have posted some work. I am sure hoping for Erica to post some new work. Craig did post one, well, you saw it I think. He must be an amazingly multi-talented guy. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be able to do so many things so well. Didi has been really busy so she hasn't posted her work. I miss seeing the art work although love, absolutely love reading your posts and everyone else's. FirmBeliever has some really kind words that she posts but I also want to see more of her work. Well, just post when you get a chance Cal. Remember that you are a special part of this thread! Post! Post! Post! Please?? :) :) :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:24 PM
    okay
    in year 11 art class we do one studio each term of the year
    this year we did a drawing one, a photography one, a printmaking one, and now a sculpture one.
    2 volts of electricity through the wire, making it cut the polystyrene lolz
    more worried about accidentally cutting the studio wrong than cutting my fingers lolz
    keep up the good art, i mite show some pics of my studio as i am making it later lolz :)
    Cal, it would be interesting to me if you would photograph your art work as each piece is in progress and then post them in the progression to the finished state. :)
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Jan, how are you feeling after the buck incident? I do hope you are okay. I was a passenger in a car that hit a young doe many, many years ago. It was a large Chevy Impala and it was more than totalled! She flew up over the windshield and crushed in the roof of the car. The front end and roof were very badly damaged, and the impact pushed the front end into the back seat area. My kids were about 3 at the time, and in the back seat. Their little legs weren't yet long enough to hang from the car seats over the seat itself, so they weren't hurt. We were unable to open the car doors and had to crawl out of the windows.

I have a lot of deer on my property here, and the road where I live. They have been doing a lot of road work this summer in preparation to paving it, and the ditches have been dug very deep and wide (I am on a high water table). In addition, the road has been raised about 2 feet, so the poor deer have been incredibly displaced. We have had several hit and killed, and until recently almost every time you drove down the road you seemed to run across several of them standing in the middle of the road wondering where to go from there. It was very sad.

Anyhow, I just wanted to know how you were feeling tonight. I see you were up most of the night, so I am sure you were quite shaken.

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:47 PM
    awwww thankyou didi :)
    i wish i could write like that too hehe
    You're welcome!

i wanna learn piano, but i have been told that it is incredibly hard, and pianos take up alot of space and arent cheap
    Well, I'll let Craig answer that one, but I really don't think that it's too hard if you really want to do it. Sometimes you can get old pianos fairly inexpensive, but I wondered, have you ever tried an electric keyboard? In my opinion, they are usually priced reasonably, and a good way to determine if it really is something you want to learn. Although, I don't know what prices for these kinds of things are like across the pond.

am currently learning guitar (at the moment im learning to play a song for the first time :))
    Very cool! I play guitar a bit. I used to have a six string acoustic and a six string electric but I sold them both when times were tight. I have a very old Fender 12 string, though, and I love it! It's not one of the better ones, but just having a 1/2 decent 12 string is awesome. Are you learning to play by ear or do you take lessons? I took lessons for a very short time, but basically I am self-taught. Mostly I pick/strum, but I still love the sound.

the song is time of your life by greenday (awesome song, real easy to play too :))
    Which song? I like greenday.

can't wait to see more art:)
    So show us some! We've been waiting so long! :D

in art at the moment we are getting to the end of the design stage of our final studeo for the year, and soon we will start making polystyrene sculptures influenced by jean dubuffet :)
    cant wait to use that hot wire cutter it looks like so much fun, you have to be perfectly still while cutting coz it cuts polystyrene so effortlessy, that it can cut into the polystyrene just from your hand shaking, without any effort from you lolz
    I was looking at the website you linked to for Jean Dubuffet. I can see why you like his art. Isn't it wonderful to have the opportunity to create things like this in high school? I wish I was artistically inclined enough to take art when I was in school. I would probably be a lot more self-confident now. The hot wire cutter sounds like a real time saving tool, and I presume it lessens the mess that polystyrene can produce? Your excitement about using it reminds me of when I was going to use a bandsaw the first time!

Thanks for letting us get to know you a little better, Sean.

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Cal, it would be interesting to me if you would photograph your art work as each piece is in progress and then post them in the progression to the finished state. :)
    Oh, what a great idea! Would you be able to do that Sean?

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Jan, how are you feeling after the buck incident? I do hope you are okay. I was a passenger in a car that hit a young doe many, many years ago. It was a large Chevy Impala and it was more than totalled! She flew up over the windshield and crushed in the roof of the car. The front end and roof were very badly damaged, and the impact pushed the front end into the back seat area. My kids were about 3 at the time, and in the back seat. Their little legs weren't yet long enough to hang from the car seats over the seat itself, so they weren't hurt. We were unable to open the car doors and had to crawl out of the windows.

I have a lot of deer on my property here, and the road where I live. They have been doing a lot of road work this summer in preparation to paving it, and the ditches have been dug very deep and wide (I am on a high water table). In addition, the road has been raised about 2 feet, so the poor deer have been incredibly displaced. We have had several hit and killed, and until recently almost every time you drove down the road you seemed to run across several of them standing in the middle of the road wondering where to go from there. It was very sad.

Anyhow, I just wanted to know how you were feeling tonight. I see you were up most of the night, so I am sure you were quite shaken.

Hugs, Didi
    Hey there Didi! Yes, it was after 5:00 a.m. before I got to sleep. Thank you for asking how I am doing. Better than the poor little buck!! :( I am pretty sore and having muscle spasms, etc. but nothing I can't deal with. Goodness, that doe did some heavy duty damage to your vehicle. What a blessing your children were not hurt. I do hunt deer or use to until my husband had back surgery and is not allowed to lift much weight. His gait is unsteady at times and so I don't push it. I do miss it however. I know some people disapprove of hunting them but just being in a tree at dark and hearing the world begin to come alive as it is almost dawn is an incredible experience. If I had never gotten a deer, I would have loved the experience. We did have it prepared and ate it throughout the year, same as you would beef but it is healthier because they are pretty much grain fed. I had a cougar come up under my tree one evening. I may have shared that already. One of those moments you just want to encapsulate in your memory and never lost it. It is difficult when the deer become displaced by housing and businesses begin moving in or as you say, roads are being built. If people didn't hunt them, they would overpopulate and not be healthy. We do go out and just find areas now sometimes to just sit quietly and enjoy entering their world and watch them graze. This poor little guy just didn't know where to go. It happened in a tenth of a second it seemed. I saw it coming, said, "A deer!" and it was hit. Busted up our car into lots of pieces, wrinkled the hood, messed up the closing of the drivers door, etc. As upsetting as it was that we hit the little guy, what had me distraught was the actions of a police officer. But that is for another time. I appreciate your concern. I hunt and fish and love it. Since you and I are Soul Sisters, I know you will appreciate the thrill of just climbing a tree and hearing the sounds of nature as it unfolds throughout the day!
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:55 PM
    My nephew passed away two years ago. I asked my sister if I could do a drawing of his cowboy boots. He is 1/4 Creek Indian. She photographed them in Tennessee where she lives and sent them to me. I told Craig last night I would try to post a photo I worked from, plus the drawing. I just don't like being the only one posting art work. Don't want to monoplolize the thread. I think I will wait unitl others have posted some work. I am sure hoping for Erica to post some new work. Craig did post one, well, you saw it I think. He must be an amazingly multi-talented guy. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be able to do so many things so well. Didi has been really busy so she hasn't posted her work. I miss seeing the art work although love, absolutely love reading your posts and everyone elses. FirmBeliever has some really kind words that she posts but I also want to see more of her work. Well, just post when you get a chance Cal. Remember that you are a special part of this thread! Post! Post! Post! Please?????? :) :) :)
    I agree that I would love to see more artwork. With what was being shown on here it did inspire me to do my first pencil sketch! But, Jan, really, please do post your work. I really would like to see the original photo with the drawing. I have seen that boot drawing and it's incredible - a real tribute to your nephew with a lot of hidden extras.

In regards to me posting art, sadly, I just don't have anymore to post! As I said in a previous post, I have only done the 3 oils, 1 woodburning, 1 watercolour and (now) one pencil sketch. Sorry, but you will have to rely on people far more talented and focused than I am! I knew I was in over my head here... sigh. :(

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:56 PM
    I have five grands coming in tomorrow so best go and try to get some sleep. I play hard when they are here! Have some coming in from KCMO and some from Tulsa, Ok. The three from KCMO usually want to take a ride on my motorcyle. Hope the weather is pretty. You all have a great night, okay? It was so wonderful conversing with you both, Cal and Didi! I love it!
    Until later then!
    Love, Jan
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:59 PM
    I agree that I would love to see more artwork. With what was being shown on here it did inspire me to do my first pencil sketch! But, Jan, really, please do post your work. I really would like to see the original photo with the drawing. I have seen that boot drawing and it's incredible - a real tribute to your nephew with a lot of hidden extras.

In regards to me posting art, sadly, I just don't have anymore to post! As I said in a previous post, I have only done the 3 oils, 1 woodburning, 1 watercolour and (now) one pencil sketch. Sorry, but you will have to rely on people far more talented and focused than I am! I knew I was in over my head here.... sigh. :(

Hugs, Didi
    Over your head Didi, not a chance! I know you have a lot going on right now but I am planning on seeing much more from you as we continue this sharing and caring thread! I have really missed you! You are always so uplifting! The way you write your posts, I know you have to have poems, stories and such you haven't posted yet!! You can sure paint a picture with your words.

Night Night! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search