Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eldestof6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Stop drinking soda!
    Has anyone else had trouble with soda? I want to STOP but it seems impossible, especially in the AM. I rarely drink and don't smoke (30yrs old and never even tried drugs) Dr. Pepper is my downfall! :eek:
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Oct 30, 2007, 11:15 AM
    I had the same problem, and sometimes still do, but my downfall is pepsi! But I seemed to do good by replacing it with Vitiam water. Have you ever tried that stuff? There are all different kinds and some of them are really good.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 11:18 AM
    I enjoy a fizzy, flavored water! That's what I like about soda, the carbination, and the fizzy water give me that soda feeling but it's actually healthy.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Foxy: Fizzy is the same as carbonation :) So... carbonated water!

Oct 30, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Don't mind me. My bad I thought it was a brand of some sort... LOL
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 12:51 PM
    It's more the cafeine your addicted to, switch from soda to something with less cafeine that is still carbonated like 7 up or something.

Another good way (if you like coffee) is to make coffee in the mornings. Over the next few weeks make your coffee with regular ground coffee and slowly go to 50/50 regular and decaf and then entirely decaf coffee.

Oct 30, 2007, 12:52 PM
    But you have to remember coffee can be worse for you then soda
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 01:55 PM
    I have been addicted to Pepsi/coke for the past 43 years. I keep telling myself to drink more fruit juices but rarely get around to it. The juices in the juice aisle don't have enough flavor for me and I *need* the carbonation and hooked on the caffeine. Even when I drink sodas that do not have caffeine (ginger ale, sours, etc... ) I still end up *needing* my cola.

When I am serious about actually giving it up I plan on making my own juices (thick & strong) so they taste like smoothies cause the clear juices just don't do a thing for me.

Also I was reading that this Chinese drink helps balance your system so you don't have the cravings for soda. I want to try a bottle of it when I am ready.
    GoYin™

ALSO DO NOT try changing to drinking diet soda it is the worst thing you can do.
    DIET COKE AND ASPARTAME
    This applies to all diet soda & artificial sweeteners they turn to formaldahyde in your system!
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 30, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Fresca and Squirt. ;)
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 30, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Yeah, Pepsi and Root Beer.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 05:57 PM
    I have been drinking Mountain Dew since I can remember( OK, Pepsi then mountain dew),I am a daily drinker of at least 2) 20 oz bottles,many times more than that in the summer.

Is there long term effects of soda drinking? I can't say... yet, except the weight issue i.e.. Too much sugar,caffeine etc.

If you really want to stop, make yourself a goal,set a boundary you WON'T cross.
    A simple reminder of what you really want to have happen like, "I don't need this today,I can do without this for just this morning" At lunch,"I don't really need this for lunch,I am ok",At night, "I did so good not drinking that, I can go tonight without it too",A simple solution to the complex human mind.

I hope this helps some,

Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diet Soda [ 10 Answers ]

How good/bad is diet soda?

How do I STOP drinking? [ 68 Answers ]

Over the past year or so I've found myself having at least one drink a day. I enjoyed having a glass of wine or a beer with dinner or later on in the evening. Well, slowly, the number of drinks have increased and I can't seem to stop. I have one drink, and it feels so good to have that warm...

My old aged dog won't stop drinking [ 6 Answers ]

My dog who is 16 years old just won't stop drinking water. We will fill his bowl up and he will drink it until its all gone. He will even get that desperate to have a drink that he will go try and drink out of the toilet which he has not done since he was a puppy

Soda Pop Fizz [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to complete my science project and I am doing it on the Soda Pop and its fizz. I used Powder Citric Acid, C6H8O7, and Baking Soda, NaHCO3, what is the resulting chemical reaction on this? Is it C6H8O7 + NaHCO3 -> C6H9O8Na + CO2 I normally used 1 to 1 ratio but is it...

Identifying baking soda and washing soda [ 2 Answers ]

Using a monoprotic acid, how would you find out which sample is baking soda and which sample is washing soda if you have unknown samples of each? I think it has something to do with how much CO2 each produces when reacted with the acid, but I don't know which produces more CO2 and which produces...

View more questions Search