Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larry11143 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Kenmore Refrigerator too cold.
    Sears Kenmore refrigerator 106.74203400 too cold. Freezer and refrig sections set to max temperature. No obstructions by controls. Milk is freezing.
    J Costa Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 29, 2007, 09:34 AM
    First try lowering your setting and give that about 24 hours for your fridge to adjust if it still freezes you probably have a defective cold control.

Oct 29, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Does "lower yor setting" mean lower number on the control? I believe this lowers the temperature and the refrig compartment is already freezing. Please advise.
    J Costa Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 29, 2007, 05:14 PM
    The control settings are usually the higher the number the colder the setting
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 05:40 PM
    J Costa IS Right::::: Turn control down to about "5", for 24 hrs.

Oct 30, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Thanks for the help. The numbers on this (my neighbors) correspond to degrees F. I recall the freezer could be set from -5 to +5 degrees F. Anyhow, I believe I did reset temperatures to the warmest setting. So on this model a higher setting means warmer. Sorry for being so vague.

Oct 31, 2007, 11:04 AM
    The refrig is working well for 2 days since defrosting the freezer. Damper was probably frozen. Keeping temperature setting warmer in refrig than before. Thanks for help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator doesn't get cold [ 3 Answers ]

I have a magic chef refrigerator. I can hear it running, but it doesn't get cold in either the fridge part or freezer. It doesn't make ice cubes, but I can see frost building up in the back of the freezer part.

Refrigerator/freezer isn't as cold [ 2 Answers ]

My refrigerator will not get that cold.The freezer side won't freeze as fast as normal.Some water leaks from under it a little.I want to know what to do about it.It is an Amana.

Refrigerator will not cool - Freezer is ice cold ? [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool upright Refrigerator (on top) will not cool at all. Frig is currently 65 deg F and will not cool. There does not seem to be any circulation in the refrigerator. There is a small vent on the bottom (floor) in the frig under the vegetable drawers And there is the temperature...

Refrigerator not cold [ 2 Answers ]

Whirlpool refrigerator is not getting cold. Followed suggestion to clear vents between fridge and freezer - freezer is cold - but fridge is warm. Suggestions?

View more questions Search