Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nesha5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Leaking clear fluid from breast
    I've been leaking clear fluid from my breast and my breast are sore what can it be
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 9, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Did you just have a baby?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 12:34 PM
    If you are/were pregnant I would suspect that, but if you aren't or never were, I would be suspicious. Because your breast is a gland, your nipples may occasionally secrete fluids, even if you've never been pregnant. One condition that can produce a milky or clear discharge is galactorrhoea, where an imbalance of hormones within the body can cause discharge. Oral contraception can also cause some discharge. My advice would be to see your doctor to undergo a breast examination. Nipple discharge rarely is a sign of breast cancer, but I would be checked regardless.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 10, 2007, 09:02 AM
    While I totally and completely agree with Angel above. It should be noted that breast cancer that involves the milk ducts and/or milk glands can and does produce a discharge.

I have been there, done that, and got the scars.

Please see a doctor about this to make sure that it is indeed nothing serious.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Thanks J_9 for clearing that up. I didn't mean it never happens, just not necessarily common. Thanks for your wisdom though, I forgot reading that you had gone through all that.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 10, 2007, 10:42 AM
    No it is not common, but not unusual either. I hate scaring posters, but sometimes we just have to tell all the facts.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 10:44 AM
    VERY true. Especially with the way cancer is spreading like wildfire... everyone should be cautious.
    lulu_lc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 10:56 PM
    I agree with everyone avobe you should definitely get it checked, it might be no big deal, but JUST to be on the safe side get it checked out!. I am having a similar problem I just had breast augmentation, and one of my niples is leaking a clear liquid is this normal?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 04:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu_lc
    I agree with everyone avobe you should definetly get it checked, it might be no big deal, but JUST to be on the safe side get it checked out!!..I am having a similar problem I just had breast augmentation, and one of my niples is leaking a clear liquid is this normal??
    Please pay attention to post dates... this was posted in April... 6 months ago. The OP has never since posted back, I'm sure she has gotten the issue solved.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 08:03 AM
    MacksMom, I think Lulu was trying to get some answers to this question because it was similar to hers... but I agree watch for the dates and its always best to post a new question rather than add onto anothers thread... just FYI lulu, we were all new once. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    MacksMom, I think Lulu was trying to get some answers to this question because it was similar to hers...but I agree watch for the dates and its always best to post a new question rather than add onto anothers thread...just FYI lulu, we were all new once. :)
    Yep... you will get more advice on your own thread :)
    beau2fulsunshine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    No it is not common, but not unusual either. I hate scaring posters, but sometimes we just have to tell all the facts.

You seem to know what you're talking about I have read a lot of your answers, so can you help me. I am on BC and have been for about 6 months everything has been fine and now I am having brown discharge and my breast are sore most of the time. I had an ultrasound of my breast and they said everything was fine. All of it concerns me is it all normal or not? DR are telling me it's fine but I don't know.
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beau2fulsunshine
    you seem to know what you're talking about I have read a lot of your answers, so can you help me. I am on BC and have been for about 6 months everything has been fine and now I am having brown discharge and my breast are sore most of the time. I had an ultrasound of my breast and they said everything was fine. All of it concerns me is it all normal or not? DR are telling me it's fine but I don't know.
    You will get a lot more helpful info if you post this as it's own question, and not in reply to someone else's. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my breast leaking? [ 3 Answers ]

I woke up this morning and one of my nipples had a thin white-ish fluid coming out. My breasts have been very sore the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure what's up with that... I've gained weight in the last couple of weeks. My period should be showing up this week sometime... I don't think that...

Leaking breast [ 2 Answers ]

I am concerned about the leakage coming out of my breast. I have never been pregnant, just got over my period last week. I am on a new birth control pill (if that makes a difference). I have been on birth control pills since I was 15. I have always noticed a white dry substance on the tips of my...

Leaking breast [ 1 Answers ]

I have two year old, but my breast is still leaking colustrum... is this normal? My son was not breast fed... also it is painful and feels like it is drying up. Why did it take so long?:confused:

Belly botton leaking a clear sitcky liquid [ 25 Answers ]

Ok I got my belly button pierced on dec 9.and now it is leaking a clear sticky liquid that stick to my belly and on my barbell I looks green it that normal?And what colour is that puss when does it start pussing .How long do I have to wait to change the barbell.When is it fully haled;) .

Cervical fluid [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble distinguishing wet/sticky creamy, etc... I have an estimated fertile time of thurs June 9, 10, 11, with possible o on 12th. I am seeing signs of approaching o in my cervical fluid. I have been dry as the desert until today. They say you start sticky, then creamy, then wet...

View more questions Search