Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrscryt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Large Blood Clots during Menstruation
    I am a 43 year old lady who just experienced for the first time heavy bleeding that soaked a pad within 15 minutes followed by two blood clots the size of a ping pong ball and one the size of a tennis ball cut in half. I've always had clots that look like dimes but these clots gave me an uneasy feeling. I seldom feel any pain, but lately I've not only experienced back pain but minor cramping. I'll have to be honest, I do not make it a habit of going to the doctor because I've undergone so many mamograms that my breast are flat, I have had two hernia surgeries, have frequent UTIs, passed a kidney stone, had two wonderful children and insisted on having my tubes, tied, clipped and burned (tubaligation). For history purposes, my mom has fibriods and had uterine cancer. I apologize if I have offended anyone for the way that I express myself, but I am a very serious person and determined individual. I view life as any day that I'm breathing is a good day. I am a disabled veteran. After all that has happened to me, I'm still standing. So, Am I being blessed by an early menapause or should I immediately consult a physician?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 25, 2007, 06:34 AM
    If you soaked a pad in less than an hour you need to be seen immediately by a medical professional.

Please turn off your computer and go to your doctor or nearest hospital.
    Freda1962 Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Mrscryt, I recently have been having problems that sound similar to yours. I am 45 and have always had a regular normal period... what I consider normal for me. Recently I went to my ob/gyn and he believes I am starting to go through menopause. But as J_9 suggested go see a Dr.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood clots [ 2 Answers ]

What is the normal size of a blood clot during a period and when shoukd you start worrying about them?

Large clots and discharge during period [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 27, not sexually active, and during my last period I had a few blood clots that were so large, they pushed my tampon out of my body along with heavy bleeding. Also, there was a mucus-like discharge mixed with blood that continued at the end of my period. In the past, my menstration cycles...

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

Extremely large blood clots and heavy period since first month of being on the pill! [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I've been on the pill for a month now.. I've taken my first 3 weeks worth and am now onto the dummy pills.. After the first day of taking the dummy pills I have come on my period! It's now Day 2 and I'm in extreme pain :( Worse period pains I have experienced! Not only that but when...

View more questions Search