Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bartimaeus89 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Bugs on my bed, that are not bed bugs
    I have been recently getting bit when I am sleeping, and last night I found the culprit but I don't know what it is, its like a little beetle, its oval shape with a point at the end and its shell is like a dark brown-red and its head and legs are pinkish, I've been trying to find out what it is but I'm gettting no where, so if anyone knows what it is and how to get rid of it that would be great :confused:
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 08:53 AM
    You're SURE it's not a bedbug?

Bed Bugs

I wonder if it could also be:

Insect Order Anoplura - the blood sucking lice

Oct 26, 2007, 09:01 AM
    I don't think they are because there would be more of them and they would be noticeable wouldn't they?and I've only found that one, but I get bit like crazy
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Check behind the headboard and the seams of the mattress. I read that they can be really hard to spot. You can actually get dogs that are trained to find them.

They could be Martin bugs they are like bed bugs but usually live in birds nest and on rare occasions venture to humans.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Not necessarily.

It took me 3 weeks of being bit by fleas to finally catch one at the act, and by then, they were EVERYWHERE.

Check in the crevices of your mattress, especially the edge of your mattress.

Bedbug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki has some great info on where you'd find infestations.

Oct 27, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Well I don't know know, because I found one and squished it in paper and a bunch of blood came out<im guessing my blood> so now I really don't know what it is ><
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Nov 21, 2007, 12:36 AM
    Bed bugs are a good guess. They are nocturnal feeders. They hide during the day and come out at night to feed. Other possibilities are ruled out because of their habits, or appearance - fleas bite at all hours, most everyone knows what mosquitos and ants look like, assassin bugs hurt like heck when they bite, head lice, crabs and mites are very small - too small to easily see without magnifcation, and I doubt you have ticks in your bed if you are getting bit repeatedly. If you have a specimen take it in to your local agriculture department, extension office, museum, or university for identification. Or post a picture.
    Lexusfun101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 06:57 AM
    I also had that same bed bug in my bed. It fit your description and I want to know what it is too! I also don't think it's a bed bug.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexusfun101 View Post
    I also had that same bed bug in my bed. it fit your description and i want to know what it is too! I also dont think its a bed bug.
    Why don't you think it's a bedbug?
    DAllen012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 09:05 PM
    Could they be carpet beetle larvae? I have my bed pushed against the wall and just found these on that edge. It took forever to find them on the web! And I'm completely disgusted that I've been sleeping with them!! Look them up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bed Bugs [ 4 Answers ]

I have had red spots popping up on my arms, stomach, back legs and it itch like crazy. This has been going on for a month now, and I can't figure it out. I have been to the doctor and she told me I am having an allergic reaction to something. She suggested that I go back to what I was doing to...

Bed bugs or mosquitoes? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been noticing itchy bug bites on my legs. Usually they are scattered randomly on my legs or arms. But once there were 4 in a row. How do I know if these are from bed bugs or from mosquitoes? They are itchy and red and swollen. I've never seen a bed bug in my bedroom. if they are bed bugs,...

Bed bugs [ 2 Answers ]

Suggest Me Any Home Remedy Of Killing Bed Bugs Not Of Pestcontrol. Thanks

Mosquito bites or bed bugs? [ 6 Answers ]

?? I need advice! Two weeks ago I was at a picnic and seemed to notice a lot of knats around. Two days after the picnic I discovered over 20 bites on my legs which I had an allergic reaction to. Most of both legs were pink, swolen, and hot to the touch. The bites became the size of quarters. ...

View more questions Search