Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyme6801 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Ghosts that touch?
    I was asleep last night and I felt side of the bed go down as if someone had sat on the bed. The next thing I know it feels like someone is laying on my back and I am unable to move out from under it, so I woke up... fell back to sleep and the same thing happened again only this time it laid on my back and was holding my right arm down. I was unable to move or speak if anyone has any idea what that was PLEASE let me know. I know I have never in my life had that happen to me... The most scarest thing I've ever been through and don't want to go through it again.
    Kim
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Are you sure it wasn't a dream. It would be so much easier if it was.
    I know a lady that this happened to twice, except it wraped it's cold arms around her. 1st time she thought it was her husband back form a trip in February and the next November she thought it was her daughter getting in bed with her because she had gotten cold in the middle of the night. Prayers were prayed in this house a bible was left out a ghost expert was contacted etc... nothing seemed to help. It would go away and show up again, there were a man and a woman. After most of us had moved out the woman that owned the house and still owns says that she never hears anything anymore. Maybe it did not like all of us living there.
    My b-inlaw had this happen to him in the middle of the night except it did not touch him, he thought it was his wife and turned over to hold her but she wasn;t there! Btw both of these incidents happened in the same town , maybe a 1/4 mile apart.
    As far as I know it's not happened to them again.
    kyme6801 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Do ghost really touch you?
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 08:30 PM
    1. I was asleep last night 2. so I woke up.3. I was unable to move or speak.
    I labeled the reasons that I thought you could have been asleep and dreaming or having a nightmare. Also I forgot to mention that all of the physics say to tell the spirit to go to the light , I personally never have tried it. Yes I believe that they can touch or that their presence is so strong that we feeel it.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Incubus Demon.
    Incubus (demon) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kyme6801
    Do ghost really touch you?
    Some people relate incidents of being touched and/or the marks of fingers being seen where it was held.

About your feeling of being held, it is not that I am saying it cannot be ghost/s.
    But I have had this sort of feeling of not being able to move when I am not fully awake,it is even difficult to open my eyes properly.
    Maybe you had been half asleep and felt like this.

Or it could be a ghost.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Firm, I do that sometimes I can't open my eyes or move, but I am aware and know that it will pass. I'm not sure if it is a part of a dream or trying to wake up when I am extremely tired. But I never have the sensation of someone touching me.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    firm, I do that sometimes I can't open my eyes or move, but I am aware and know that it will pass. I'm not sure if it is a part of a dream or trying to wake up when I am extremely tired. But I never have the sensation of someone touching me.
    Maybe it is tiredness because when I felt that way were mostly on days when I was very tired right before I slept.

I am not sure if you believe in this,but we believe that the souls leave our bodies during sleep and the Almighty returns them, which is when we wake up.

Maybe what we feel between sleep and waking up is the soul getting back to the body,and maybe our physical body is not really awake as the soul returns and we feel that we cannot move or control our bodies.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Oct 25, 2007, 12:09 PM
    I saw a thing on TV where people thought the house was haunted, so they took pictures of different rooms where creepy stuff happened. In one of them you could see the outline of a little girl in an old fashioned white dress standing behind a photographer. I can't remember the name of the program. I don't know if that works or not. It could have been just made up for the TV show.
    shorty777 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2007, 07:08 PM
    I am a person that believes in ghost and I have herd that if you want a ghost to stop doing something to you you should just ask it to stop.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Hello Kyme,
    I am a believer of the paranormal and I must say your situation sounds very scary.
    Before you are absolutely terrified about your experience,
    I would like to just mention that you could have been experiencing a form of sleep paralysis that has been nicknamed The Old Hag Syndrome.

I can empathize with you either way.
    My sister had a few experiences where she was held down in her bed and within a few days an old friend of ours experienced it once as well.

The question of it being ghosts or an isolated sleep paralysis haunted them - and still does.

At the time of their experience, they kindly told any ghosts that they were sorry if they had done anything to disturb them, but that they were frightened by the experience and kindly asked them to leave them alone.

Neither my sister nor our friend were ever diagnosed with a sleep disorder
    And I don't believe they have had any other experiences during sleep sense this time.

I know it's very frightening, but you could ask the ghosts to leave because they are scaring you.
    You could also bring it up to your doctor, just to be on the safe side considering health reasons and to rule out sleep paralysis or not.

In any case, I hope it doesn't happen again to you...
    You can read about Sleep Paralysis/The old hag syndrome here.
    I must say it is very interesting.

Best wishes
    mcubea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 11:27 AM

I am also facing evil in my house. I have posted a question here. If you find some solution, please post it here
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 11:45 AM

This sounds exactly like sleep paralysis, nothing supernatural about it.
    kate1103 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 10:39 PM
    I have been touched, hand held, kissed and felt my bed move like someone just laid down next to me for years now. I was never held down or touched sexually. I have moved several times and been anywhere and felt this. I have asked the (ghost?) to stop, to leave, to no avail. I've never been afraid of this, but believed it was not the will of God. If you are fearful of this entity, I think you should talk to a minister or priest, who may be able to assist you with what may be an evil spirit. I have not done so because I'm not afraid, but if I were, I definitely would.
    XoxtalieroX Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 05:42 PM
    It's okay to be scared. But you are not trapped because there are always answers out there okay? Now, about this ghost. You feel as though there was someone or.. a presence holding your right arm down, and you were unable to speak or move, right? Well, to me, it seems like this is a dark spirit. Now, do not be alarmed, this is not to scare you. But this "ghost" does not seem friendly at all and it is Not here to fool around. In my opinion, It seems like it was someone from a past life that had perhaps committed a crime that was pushing down on you, like it probably did to the victim to keep them quiet and to not tell anybody. This explains why you were unable to move or speak. Try scheduling a FAMILY talk with this ghost and let it know, that it is time to move on, and this is no longer their house, This may or may not work. Try figuring out the past history of your household, and before you do, ask for the spirits name, it will tell you if you listen, and once that's figured out, go find out your house's history and hopefully your questions will be answered.
    iloveu123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kyme6801 View Post
    I was asleep last night and I felt side of the bed go down as if someone had sat on the bed. The next thing I know it feels like someone is laying on my back and I am unable to move out from under it, so I woke up.....fell back to sleep and the same thing happened again only this time it layed on my back and was holding my right arm down. I was unable to move or speak if anyone has any idea what that was PLEASE let me know. I know I have never in my life had that happen to me...The most scarest thing i've ever been through and don't want to go through it again.
    Kim
    U might have a spirit eather trying to get your attention or it's a evil spirit,when did it start happening
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin View Post
    This sounds exactly like sleep paralysis, nothing supernatural about it.
    Bilal2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 05:41 AM
    Dear Kyme,
    I believe I know what that is. I think what you have experienced is real and not a dream or an imagination. I personally had a similar story. It happened in 2007 in France. One night I was walking in a small forest near a lake. In that night I was alone in the forest and there was no one at all nearby not even lights in some places. I was walking when suddenly I felt as if something had hit me but it was something less physical than a material, I felt like when you open the oven when it's hot and you feel the heat but that was not hot. Then immediately I felt very uncomfortable, something similar to having gooseflesh. Then I went home fast, where I put a recitation of the Quran of the second chapter of it for almost 2 hours then everything came back to normal.
    In fact I was not surprised or puzzled about it because in the place where I come from, the Middle East, we have many stories and cases likes yours and we all know the solution for it.
    First I'll explain you what happened to both of us.
    What I felt hitting me and you felt setting next to you or touching you is what you call a ghost and we call a Jinn. The Jinn (Ghost) is a something that lives in the empty spaces like deserts, seas, abandoned places as it avoids human beings but sometimes it comes to places where people live like in your case. The Jinn (Ghost) is invisible to us (like the air) and incensed by us (like light) and it can penetrate walls and materials. To understand how they do so, think of this:
    As we believe (people of the book: Muslims, Christians and Jews) after God created the universe he created humans from clay which is soil + water. One might ask how is that possible? If look at any baby at birth you will find that s/he weights few kilograms (3-7 kilograms) then in 20 years s/he would weight 70-90 kilograms. Where does that mass come from? It comes from food. And where does food come from? It comes from soil. So our bodies consists of soil transformed into food we ate later and we gained the properties of soil (the parts that have soil with little water become hard like bones and those which have much water becomes more liquid like blood which is the case with the soil and water which make clay). The same for the Jinn (Ghosts) but they consist of fire in a similar way but we don't know the details because there is no real need for us to know them but still if it's possible that humans consists of soil then it's possible for other creatures to consist of another material. The fact that the Jinn (Ghosts) were created of fire has enabled them to gain the characteristics of fire. What are the characteristics of the fire? The fire contains light and heat. Now if you sit next to a wall where there is a fire behind it, would you feel the heat or not? Yes you would because it can penetrate the materials. But can you see the heat? No because it's invisible. And so are the Jinn (Ghosts) they can penetrate the materials and we cannot see them. They can penetrate humans also or sometimes stay in them.
    The only solution we know to keep the Jinn (Ghosts) away from the house and from yourself is to put a recitation of the Quran which you can find easily on the Internet and specially chapter 2 of it. If you put the recitation for a while, a week for example, I can assure you that thing that touched you will leave the house for sure. If you know any Muslim or if there is any mosque nearby you ask them and they can explain you even better. I advise you to try it and see what happens and I have no doubt it will work, it has always been tried and it's the only solution.

Good luck!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 06:30 AM

Interesting and good advice to add but OLD post.

Quran IF that is their faith.
    Catholics and other faiths have exorists.
    Bilal2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 11:38 PM
    In fact I didn't know you have Exorcist in Christianity till I read this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help ! Ghosts [ 23 Answers ]

My family has lived in a house for 15 years. It has been in the family for a long time. We have a lot of strange things happen. Doors slamming, electronic devices turning off, pictures falling off walls, and a spirit that only shows herself to my children. How can I find out who it might be?

Ghosts [ 14 Answers ]

Can ghosts harm you?

Where Do Ghosts Come From? [ 12 Answers ]

We live in this world. But we each also live in a world of our own making. That world is created from our thoughts and beliefs. If a person believes in ghosts then there is a good chance that they will, sooner or later, see a ghost. Not being able to see a ghost does not mean that they don’t...

Are they ghosts? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. I really need someone to talk to who won't be biased regarding my thoughts. I'm in a relationship for 2 years now, Lester and I have a 6 month-0ld daughter and I've known him for over two years, too. I just came from a terrible, full of deception relationship from a 32 y/o man when...

Ghosts [ 43 Answers ]

Do ghosts exist? If so can you see them and how can you tell if they're in your house?

View more questions Search