Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hello Out There Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 07:48 AM
    How long does it take to get black dye out of your hair?
    ive had my hair colored alot trying to get rid of the black dye. ive had my hair color lifted and everytime go to dye my hair its back to black. what should i do let my hair dye grow out to natural and if that happens will my hair still be dark or back to natural medium brown. iam so confused on what to do, anyone with experience or with knowledge please help. thank you
    :confused:
    kcey Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2007, 11:45 AM
    If you get the black lifted out professionaly, a stylist then can apply a medium brown (make sure it is a "warm" brown, not a cool. As long a you sit at a level 5 you are safe. Do not attempt to fix this at home or you could damage your hair to the point of having to let it grow out. I hope this helps!
    Hello Out There Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kcey
    If you get the black lifted out professionaly, a stylist then can apply a medium brown (make sure it is a "warm" brown, not a cool. As long a you sit at a level 5 you are safe. Do not attempt to fix this at home or you could damage your hair to the point of having to let it grow out. I hope this helps!

Thank you very much for the information.. . I've had it done once will it be okay again? I love my hairstylist just am afraid to get it done again. Once again thank you very very much.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 25, 2007, 08:57 PM
    In order to go from black to medium brown, you will need to lighten and re-color your hair, or let it grow out. Remember that your current color is 4-5 levels darker than your natural color. To go 5 levels lighter without the red brassy tones, it is recommended that you pre-lighten your hair and then apply the selected color. However, salons have professional products than can make your hair lighter in one singe process. You might want to visit a salon and have them do a corrective color.
    babe of 1994 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 05:58 PM

I had this exact problem with my hair , I tried to fix it at home , by bleeching it , but I ended up with orange black ang blonde all through my hair , then had to dye it 3 times to get it a reasonable colour ,

I'm just warning don't do this is wrecked my hair x
    LovesTheSun13 Posts: 68, Reputation: -2

Aug 6, 2009, 06:08 PM
    I have super pale skin naturally.. and I made a very bad decision to dye my hair pitch black and I looked like a ghost! I had to get my hair bleached and then dyed back brown, and then I was told by my stylist to use lots of conditioner when I shampoo to make sure my hair doesn't get too dry. It's damaged from all the flat ironing and everything though..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How badly will having black hair dye stripped out damage my hair? [ 24 Answers ]

I recently dyed my naturally dark brown hair a bright black colour, and I am not very pleased with it at all. I know that stripping the colour on my own would seriously damage my hair (something I would like to avoid, as I have just finished growing out/cutting off some very damaged hair), but if I...

How can I dye my hair red by taking out my black without damaging my hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I currently have black dyed hair, with bleached streaks, that were red and are now back to blonde. I really want to dye my hair all over bright red, but I don't want to bleach all my hair for fear of totally killing it, are there any cheats I can use to get my permanent black out without...

I used PERMANENT Black hair dye one my hair. [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get it out ASAP?? Peroxide DOES NOT WORK! And I need answers that I can try at home... :confused:

How to remove black hair dye from hair [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi there I am natalie from the uk and wanted to know if there are any home remedies for removing, or really fading black hair dye from hair, I am naturally red and am about to go on holiday next week to the canaries, and did not want red regrowth, so I am wanting a quick and easy...

How do I get my black hair dye out? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had black dye in my hair for about 2 months and I have tried Every thing (or so it seems) please how do I get this mess out?? :confused:

View more questions Search