Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    senthil64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Setting temp at home during Winter
    What's the advisable temp I can set it at home during winter. Up to what's the advisable max temp I can set?

Thanks
    Senthil.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 09:05 PM
    It depends on where you live and what the weather is like. I'm guessing you live in the midwest so I would set the temperature in the low to mid 70's and see how you like it.
    bolt in blue Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2007, 10:11 AM
    I think the department of energy recommends an indoor temperature of 68 during the winter and 78 during the summer. Personally, I use the lowest setting where it's reasonably comfortable to save on utilities. I usually keep my heat 65-68 degrees when I'm home, even though my preference is about 71.

Humidity also influences comfort (most homes are about 10% humidity level in the winter--ideal is 40-50%), so adding a humidifier to rooms that you use a lot or your furnace can help keep you feeling warm without turning up that expensive heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostats with a max temp setting [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a thermostat I can buy for indoor use, that allows me to set a max temp. so a child cannot turn up the temp higher?

Differential of return temp and cooled exit air temp [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the problem I am having, I had a new unit installed last year on my new house. I noticed that the compressor runs for a long time and shut off for a short period. This got my attention and wondered if the unit is running efficiently. I had my doubts from the start since the A coil looked...

Furnace continues to heat past the desired temp. Setting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace with an AC unit. My wife wanted to replace the old mercury thermostat with a new digital model. We bought a Honeywell RTH230B. Now the furnace continues to heat, well past the set temperature on the thermostat. I have to switch the thermostat to the off position to get the...

Honeywell RTH 7400 ?temp. Diff. Setting [ 3 Answers ]

:cool: I installed a Honeywell RTH7400 therm. Today and my heatpump is continuesly cycling on, is there any way to change the temperature differential setting on this unit

Temp gauge showing temp, 2001 Chev Malibu [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Chev Malibu LS, V6, temp gauge is not showing any heat at all, not registering when I know the coolant is hot ? Veh has about 126000 mi on it, never been flushed out, thought I would attempt to flush myself but don't you think the problem might be a bad thermostat ? If so, where and...

View more questions Search