Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Hey there Clough!! I know you are just leaving us blowin' in the wind so we will appreciate the post more when we EVER do receive it!! Did I miss it?? Am I in the Twilight Zone?? Hello Clough,, are you out there somewhere! Cal, Didi and I are patient but patience is a virtue, virtue comes with age and we aren't THAT old... LOL
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Cal, Didi and I are patient but patience is a virtue, virtue comes with age and we aren't THAT old......... LOL
    Hahaha, Jan! I was just going to type: "Look, I KNOW that patience is a virtue, but I just lost my virtue!"
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2007, 11:58 PM
    I painted STORM DOORS for a musician friend/customer of mine!! :D

Yeah, I know! I bad! :( About as bad as those people who post to the religious threads just to bait people into getting into arguments for the sake of arguing! :mad:

But, for real now, I do have an image that I would like to post while all of you are here that concerns one of my types of art in which I am involved, and that would be music I want to do it correctly, so I might need some help, please. Please consider this a test image for me. Many more will follow at points in the future. I spent quite awhile tonight assembling images that I could find that are already on my computer.

Since the image contains me in it, it will be small.

I do have two questions for which I would appreciate an answer, please.

What are the approximate sizes of the images that your have already posted?

Do I type in my description of the image before I place the image in the post, or after I have uploaded the image?

Thank you!
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    Looking forward to it, Cal.

Hugs, Didi
    Me, too! :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I painted STORM DOORS for a musician friend/customer of mine!!!! :D

Yeah, I know! I bad! :( About as bad as those people who post to the religious threads just to bait people into getting into arguments for the sake of arguing! :mad:

But, for real now, I do have an image that I would like to post while all of you are here that concerns one of my types of art in which I am involved, and that would be music I want to do it correctly, so I might need some help, please. Please consider this a test image for me. Many more will follow at points in the future. I spent quite awhile tonight assembling images that I could find that are already on my computer.

I do have two questions for which I would appreciate an answer, please.

Do I type in my description of the image before I place the image in the post, or after I have uploaded the image?

Thank you!
    For some reason, I could not access this page for a bit. But I am back. The way I post is to resize the image to the largest whether width or height at 450 pixels. You can use 750 but I like 450. But if you are in the image, post at 750 as long as that is the largest either width or height. I go to the body of the e-mail, type the description or any information I want to post regarding the attachment then go down to "advanced", then further down, it will allow you to browse your files, chose which one you want to post and then hit upload (or download) I forget what it says. Then you can preview but it won't show images, just text, but it will list them in the area where you loaded them. Send. Is this what you needed to know? I may be answering questions that you already know the answer to. I am so new to this, you might get better info from Cal or Didi!
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:17 AM
    I painted STORM DOORS for a musician friend/customer of mine!!!! :D

I KNEW IT!! You tease! VERY bad!

?? Why?? You don't want us to see you??

If you mean in megapixels, when you are uploading the image it tells you how many it shouldn't exceed depending upon the type of file (ie: jpeg, etc). I just resize them by sight to what feels to be an appropriate size.

Either way. I usually type first, but sometimes I think of something to add. Please do hurry, I need my beauty sleep!

Thank you!
    No, thank you! (I considered making you wait, but... )

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:18 AM
    Hahaha, Jan! I was just going to type: "Look, I KNOW that patience is a virtue, but I just lost my virtue!"
    Didi, this is just getting stranger and stranger!! Do you suppose we were twins at one time?? LOL That was hilarious. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:24 AM
    Clough, 2:30 is about my time I get a little crazy with out sleeping. Did you go to sleep on us?? Cal, are you still hanging in there??
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Didi, this is just getting stranger and stranger!!! Do you suppose we were twins at one time??? LOL That was hilarious. :)
    I don't know, Jan, but I do think that we both got hung up for a time posting because we were trying to post at exactly the same time!
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:25 AM
    This is me when I gave a musical program and lecture on early music for the Friends of the Rock Island Library some years ago. The instrument that you see is a virginal, which is a type of harpsichord. I own and did decorate the instrument. There is an interesting story about how I obtained the virginal.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:29 AM
    That is a very small photo, Craig. You look nice in the suit, though! Oh... and your virginal... also very nice. :) What do you mean you decorated it?
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:31 AM
    Hey gang! I am anxious to see Clough's post but sorry, I am going to have to call it a night! I have a fairly early morning tomorrow. I will check first thing in the morning though!! Sorry to have to leave you! Clough, I'm not giving up, just need some shut eye! Good Night to all!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:34 AM
    Hello Grammadidi,JR,Cal,Clough and all the others here enjoying the Art thread.

JR,
    I love your life updates here.

Grammadidi,
    You are trying out new art?That's wonderful and I must say you are quite good at it.
    I loved that butterfly release thing.. I wish I was there to see it.

Clough,
    Are you ever going to post one of yours?;)

Cal,
    Keep them coming.

Erlobeneur,
    Show us another one of yours...

Chek,
    Where are you?

Meterre,
    Haven't heard from you in a while.

And all the others I may have not mentioned but are enjoying this thread,come on people, post some more art.I am enjoying it here.;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:34 AM
    This is me when I gave a musical program and lecture on early music for the Friends of the Rock Island Library some years ago. The instrument that you see is a virginal, which is a type of harpsichord. I own and did decorate the instrument. There is an interesting story about how I obtained the virginal.
    I was about to sign off and saw messages. I don't see any images though. :confused: Maybe after I bring it back up tomorrow, it will show up. Again, goodnight. If the image is small go with the 750 pixels Clough. We are anxious to see you and the instruments!! :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:36 AM
    I am determined so had to try again before bed!! Yes, go with 750 pixels. We can't see this well enough!! :) Okay??
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Clough, I hope you will take time later to share how you obtained the instrument. That will make it even more interesting. Now, I am for sure going to bed. I am glad you are starting to post photos!

Hey FB, glad to see you popped in with us.

Good night for sure now! :p ;) :) Until tomorrow!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:42 AM
    G'Nite JR!
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:45 AM
    That is a very small photo, Craig. You look nice in the suit, though! Oh... and your virginal... also very nice. :) What do you mean you decorated it?

That brings me to the story as to how I obtained it.

When I was to vocal music accompanist at one of the local high schools, it was well known that I like early music and that I had also been commissioned to build a virginal for some customers, because I had borrowed the instrument that I had built to use on a Vivaldi piece that one of the choirs at the high school performed in a concert.

It just so happened that one of the students knew of a virginal in a home. It was the only thing that was left in the house. The people who had owned the home had left it there.

The student wondered if I was interested in the instrument. I was. He spoke with his parents, who then spoke with the owners. It was arranged that I would purchase the instrument and that the money would go to the student.

When I got to see the instrument in the empty house, I was somewhat shocked, because the instrument was painted ORANGE! And none of the strings had be put into it. Also, there were wooden pieces that were glued together that didn't need to be. Turns out, that it was a project by the woman of the home that she didn't finish.

By decorating, on this particular item, I don't mean anything fancy. It decorated it simply, as a simple style would be that which would be suitable to Italian Virginals of the 15th century.

It's hard to see the decorating in the picture. But, I do have other pictures which I will post at a later time.

This is just one of the arts in which I am involved that I wanted to share about on this site.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 12:45 AM
    Night, Jan... Sweet dreams!

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 01:04 AM
    She built it, or was trying to restore it? How many octaves is it? I read an interesting story online not very long ago about someone who built one out of junk. It was based upon a 15 century Italian Virginal. They showed a photo of the original from a museum. Beautiful! (But then I appreciate things like that.)

Anyhow, so I am thinking you removed the unnecessary pieces of wood, stripped off the orange paint and re-strung it?

You are a very talented man!

Anyhow, I am heading off to bed. Thanks for keeping us in suspense. :D

Hugs, Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search