Captian Crunch Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 07:14 PM
    What can make you fail an alcohol test?
    I'm just wondering what can make you fail a alcohol URINE test
    So when I do get tested I can tell the doctors what I had to eat/used/ect
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 19, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Alcohol can make you fail a urine test. I thought you were already tested? You drank in the morning and were tested early in the afternoon.

Are you considering asking us what you could have taken to fail the test so that you can lie to the doctor?

Oct 19, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Alcohol can make you fail a urine test. I thought you were already tested? You drank in the morning and were tested early in the afternoon.

Are you considering asking us what you could have taken to fail the test so that you can lie to the doctor?
    Nope
    Why would I lie 2 my doctor
    He has the sample already
    I'm joining a sport in a few weeks and we get tested very often
    And I need to know what foods to stay away from
    I know that medication (cough) medicine will make you test positive

And by the way you can't lie from a urine test because I would have to tell them before the test actully went on what I had for breakfast (I told them already what I had and they wrote it down) so there's no way I can lie here
    Expert

Oct 19, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Ahhhh, but the test I submitted to never asked until AFTER we were tested and the results were reviewed, that was when we were required to submit any prescription if there was one. This was why I was curious.

Now, all you have to do is look on the ingredients of anything you are going to take, if it has alcohol in it, you have the potential to test positive.

Oct 19, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Ahhhh, but the test I submitted to never asked until AFTER we were tested and the results were reviewed, that was when we were required to submit any prescription if there was one. This was why I was curious.

Now, all you have to do is look on the ingredients of anything you are going to take, if it has alcohol in it, you have the potential to test positive.
    Lol
    Sorry about that
    They asked me if I took and medications this morning or yesterday
    And what I ate
    And wrote it all down
    I only ask this for my sport
    And I don't want anything to happen :D
    Expert

Oct 19, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Then guess you shouldn't have been drinking this morning, huh? Oh, well, that's over and done with now so you can't change that. But from now on, when it comes to cold preparations and the like, just read the label. If it has alcohol listed there is a good chance you can test positive.

Oct 20, 2007, 05:04 AM
    Then guess you shouldn't have been drinking this morning, huh? Oh, well, that's over and done with now so you can't change that. But from now on, when it comes to cold preparations and the like, just read the label. If it has alcohol listed there is a good chance you can test positive.
    I know but that wasn't for a sport
    I'm dropping drinking anyway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol and hair test [ 10 Answers ]

Does alcohol show up in a hair test? And does it also show up ina urine test ifyou were to drink right before you peed?

Urine test for alcohol [ 8 Answers ]

How long does alcohol stay in system and detected by urine test?

Alcohol Urine Test [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all, I would greatly appreciate any and all input. I am on probation, and was surprisingly urine tested on Friday morning, after having had 3 vodka/cranberry (strong ones) on Wednesday night. I stopped drinking at around 8:00PM. I'm so nervous that they would detect the alcohol consumption. How...

Alcohol test [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I passed a drug test for work and now they want a alcohol test, will THC show up in a alcohol test?

View more questions Search