Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dneck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Harbor breeze ceiling fan
    Where is the manual fan switch and light switch for the harbor breeze aero ceiling fan with the remote control. The remote says that the manual fan switch should be on high, and the manual light switch turned on before the remote control will work. I can't find the manual switches. Thanks
    Bluemm Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Oct 18, 2007, 05:51 PM
    The manual switches are the little chains that hang from the fan. The instructions are just asking that you turn the light on, and set the fan on high speed before the remote will work correctly.
    Dneck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemm
    The manual switches are the little chains that hang from the fan. The instructions are just asking that you turn the light on, and set the fan on high speed before the remote will work correctly.

There aren't any chains hanging down, that's why I'm confused how to turn the fan on...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 18, 2007, 07:40 PM
    I do not believe that an Aero has pull chains. I have not worked on one but I'll bet Ceiling fanreapir has done a few and will be here later with a correct answer.
    jetterjet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 10:58 AM
    The Aero does not have manual controls, only the remote control as I remember it (I installed one about 3 years ago).
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Did the fan come with the remote and receiver, or is it a separate unit? If so, what happened to the unit it came with?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 3 Answers ]

The Bulb In This Fan Has Blown Out. How Do I Remove The Globe To Change The Bulb. Model # Ac552----item # 18267 Jun 01

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 2 Answers ]

Fan works but light does not. I think it only needs a new bulb but I can't figure out how to change the bulb. Is there a trick to getting the globe off? This is my first house and this seems to be a major struggle... Thanks!:(

Harbor breeze ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the pull switch for fan motor. In the process of rewiring the new pull switch, the black wire from old switch was not connected, so when I replaced with new switch I connected black wires. The light works but fan doesn't. The switch is a 4-wire pull chain switch.

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

My Harbor Breeze ceiling fan is 2 years old. It suddenly stopped responding to the remote control. Battery in remote is new. Dip switches in original position on remote (all 4 up). Cannot see switches on motor housing without dismantling it. Anything to do to avoid calling service person to...

View more questions Search