Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanessaromero Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2006, 04:14 PM
    How to send a song through email.
    I need assistance to send a song through an email. Can someone please assist me on doing so?:)
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Go to Attachments.

Select the song.

Attach it to the email.

Send the email.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 24, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Also...

You could try a compression utility (like WinZip or WinRAR) to try and compress the file (but it may not reduce the file size as MP3's are already fairly compact).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2006, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vanessaromero
    I need assistance to send a song through an email. Can someone please assist me on doing so?:)
    A song is a file like any other and can be sent like any other. Generally this is done by using the Attachment feature of your e-mail client.

However, there are some caveats here. First the legal issues; Most commercial music is copyrighted. This means that making copies and distributing copies is a violation of the copyright and, therefore, illegal. So you might be violating the law by sending someone a copy.

Second, size issues. Sound files tend to be large. Many e-mail systems have limits on the size of attachments. So you might not be able to attach the file or the recipient may not be able to receive it.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Hi,
    There are different methods. One answer already gave how to send it as an attachment. Using that way, when the person gets the email, he/she can then Left double-click on the attachment, and it will open up and start playing.
    If you use Outlook Express, you can "embed" your song in the message, so when the person receives it, it will automatically start playing when they open the email.
    To do this:
    With Create New Message open, at the top, click on Format, then Background, then Sound. Click on the Browse button to find your song, then tell it OK.
    Best of luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2006, 09:03 AM
    I do not recommend embedding a song or any sounds in an e-mail. You never know where or when a person will open their e-mail. Having the mail start making noise without warning can prove to be embarrassing or disturbing. The same thing goes for WEB sites that start playing sounds without warning or permission. I tend to close such mail or sites immediately.

Another caveat about embedding sounds is both you and the recipient have to have an e-mail client that supports HTML mail and that feature has to be turned on.

Please show some consideration for your e-mail recipients and not embed sound.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2006, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    First the legal issues; Most commercial music is copyrighted. This means that making copies and distributing copies is a violation of the copyright and, therefore, illegal. So you might be violating the law by sending someone a copy.
    While that is true for USA, it is not true for Canada. In Canada, you can send music to a friend LEGALLY. As long as you don't charge them a single cent for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I do not recommend embedding a song or any sounds in an e-mail. You never know where or when a person will open their e-mail. Having the mail start making noise without warning can prove to be embarrassing or disturbing.
    Good point. You never know where someone will open their email, and that might be embarrassing. Sending it as an attachment would be a better choice.
    blair_mcnair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Do what that Captain Forest guy said, but make sure you save the file under something you can find easily, because I didn't at first and it took me forever. Save it under Sweet Sweet and it will for sho catch your eye.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot send email using modem/router [ 5 Answers ]

Just set up D-Link modem/wireless router to desktop, Running XP. Can access internet OK. Use outlook express and ISP is tiscali. Can receive email OK. When trying to send I get the old dial up box asking me to connect, used to have tiscali modem. (which it can't as the settings are now set to...

Must hit send/rec to receive email in outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this site so please bear with me as I learn. My question is: I set a friend up with a linksys router on his desktop, and set up email accts. For he and his wife, in outlook 2003 on his laptop. Laptop connects to internet fine (wirelessly), sends email automatically when...

I couldn't send and receive email from outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem to send and receive email from outlook 2003 behind a linksys router. I configured my outlook 2003 auto send & receive email in every 1 min. When outlook starts send & receive process, It would pop up a window asking me Enter Network Password. When I click OK, it keeps pop up again...

Outlook won't send email [ 0 Answers ]

View more questions Search