Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diggs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Order of protection
    I have been served an order of protection in Illinois, I will appear in court for this, but what can happen to me.This was an affair, me being the single one, I believe this is her attempt to hide much of our relationship from her spouse and lie about true things that happened between us. Their was no abuse or physical violence, nor was their any stalking. What can the court do too me ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Hello diggs:

The court can award the order. All it does is require you to stay away from her and leave her alone.

excon
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 07:14 PM
    I have a couple of friends that are in law enforcement from local police, to sherriffs deputies, to state troopers and it seems that I recall a conversation with one of them on an order of protection, and how it differed from a restraining order. The best I recall is that the order of protection means that any time you contact her in any way, you can be arrested for violation of the order of protection. Lets say that someone gets your cell phone and calls her. That would be a contact, and you could be arrested. Now this is the best I recall this conversation and applies in TN, I guess it would apply there to. As where a restraining order is not worth much, as it is harder to enforce. The restraining order pretty much will say you must get closer than usually 100 feet. Well you can shout at one another from that distance. So the order of protection prevents ANY contact.
    diggs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello diggs:

The court can award the order. All it does is require you to stay away from her and leave her alone.

excon
    Thanks Excon for the info, but what if these are false accusations in the OP, she will have no witnesses to testify only e-mail correspondence between us, I will have witnesses because she was alway's at my house where everyone knew what was going on, how long we were together etc... And do you know if this will stay on my record forever ?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 04:08 PM
    An order of protection, a.k.a. a restraining order, means that you are ordered to do just that ; stay away from the person filing the motion for this order. If you don't comply you can be arrested and held in contempt of court. Given the circumstances your best bet will be to just comply with the order and stay away from the person requesting it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Order Of Protection [ 10 Answers ]

How can I change or get rid of an Order Of Protection??

Cd protection [ 6 Answers ]

I have written 100 c++ programs and I want to save them all including a turbo c++ software in a cd. Can you help me in making this cd copy protected which my friends could use but could not make copy of my cd or save the contents of my cd onto their computers.

What can happen in this order of Protection case? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Have a quick question. A good male friend of mine is being accused of breaking out windows on someone's property. He was not arrested, there is no proof, but-an order of protection has been filed against him. It was served to his parents' house, who live in Illinois (we are in MO). So my...

Protection [ 4 Answers ]

Can I protect folders?

View more questions Search