Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unknown624 Posts: 111, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2007, 08:10 PM
    My boyfriend is a liar
    My boyfriend and I just recently broke up. He told me that he was going to be single until after university, but he has also lately been telling this one girl that he loves her. I know they're pretty close, but the girl is really close with me too, and she wouldn't go out with him because she knows that my boyfriend was a jerk to me. But she was really nice when she replied to him... yes I read his messages, but only because I don't trust him. At all... what should I do?:(
    aqsa786 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown624
    my boyfriend and i just recently broke up. he told me that he was going to be single until after university, but he has also lately been telling this one girl that he loves her. i know they're pretty close, but the girl is really close with me too, and she wouldn't go out with him because she knows that my boyfriend was a jerk to me. but she was really nice when she replied to him...yes i read his messages, but only because i don't trust him. at all...what should i do?:(
    Just don't talk them. Go out with a another guy and make that guy jealous of you.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 09:08 PM
    my boyfriend and i just recently broke up. he told me that he was going to be single until after university, but he has also lately been telling this one girl that he loves her. i know they're pretty close, but the girl is really close with me too, and she wouldn't go out with him because she knows that my boyfriend was a jerk to me. but she was really nice when she replied to him...yes i read his messages, but only because i don't trust him. at all...what should i do?:(
    So, are you two broke up, or is he still your boyfriend?

Oct 12, 2007, 09:47 PM
    No we broke up... sorry. I just forgot to say "ex". Sorry about that :)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Then let him go. You two are not a couple anymore. You cannot sit there and worry about who he dates, who he likes, who he talks to. So he told you he is going to remain single. He may have meant that when he told you. Things change. Let it go and get on with your life. There is a lot more life out there beyond this guy. Give yourself some credit for knowing better. Good luck to you.
    Take a look at what a member posted about breaking up:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...sh-114179.html
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 10:04 PM
    You are asking what to do about the jerk, liar ex boyfriend?

What's to ask?

Make sure he stays an ex.

And forget about him. Starting now. Stop giving a damn about whether he's trying to scam another person or whether he just tried to let you down easy cause he doesn't have a pair.

Unless you are willing to settle for a guy who manipulates and lies, its just best to let him be the jerk he is and stop worrying about him.

You made the mistake of liking him. Don't make the mistake of spending one more minute of your life trying to figure him out.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Honestly, I agree with Shygrneyzs and kp2171.
    I know it's hard going through a break up when you still care about the person.
    It's one of the crummiest feelings ever and checking his messages will only add to your misery.
    Be kind to yourself by doing things you enjoy.
    Go out with friends, meet new people, have some fun and get your mind off this situation as much as you possibly can.
    Best wishes

Oct 12, 2007, 10:06 PM
    OK... thanks sooo much guys! That really helps. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 10:11 PM
    ok...thanks sooo much guys! that really helps. :)
    I hope it does, you really deserve better.

Oct 12, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Thank you :) I have another question... if he was so horrid to me, why do I still have feelings for him? To get over him, I think of all the bad things he's done... but that just makes me sad. Then I think of all the good things we've done, it makes me want to be with him, in his arms again. My solution to this is, concentrate on school, look at other guys, spend lots of time with my girlfriends, and just forget about him. I hope it works:)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Its normal...

You put your effort and hopes and fears into a relationship and when it crashes it hurts.

Guess what? Its normal.

Be prepared for it to maybe happen again... and again... or not. We just don't know when its all going to work out.

I've dated and loved women I just couldn't be with. Would I have chosen to hurt like hell? no. did I learn from my mistakes or learn what not to accept from others? Yep.

So welcome to the grand experiment of life. Sometimes it hurts when you deserve better. Its normal. It sucks. And its worth picking yourself up and moving on. It gets better in time. Its just an unpredictable journey along the way.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Yes, it is normal to feel that way. You can allow yourself that time to grieve, as the end of a relationship is a loss. But you have to focus on your own mental health. There have been some great threads on this site about what to do after a breakup. I'll post them here for your use.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...kup-78597.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ed-123862.html

Good luck.

Oct 14, 2007, 12:13 AM
    Holy man this helps a lot... THANK YOU!! :) :) :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Liar and cleptomaniac [ 4 Answers ]

My brother has been married to his second wife for 12 years and has a 10 year old daughter who I am very close to. My sister in law is a cleptomaniac and a pathological liar. I feel like I am the only one who can speak to my brother about getting help for her. We are very close in age, but his...

Compulsive liar [ 7 Answers ]

I work with a colleague who continues to make up stories. The stories are always distressing ones or ones that make u feel sorry for the individual. The individual tends to listen & take note of what is happening to other work colleagues, then coincidentally will be suffering with the matching...

What do you think . Once a cheater and liar always one. [ 13 Answers ]

Do you think people can go from always lying and cheating on women to being with one and faithful and happy with just one instead of two or more... love love love need your opinions:confused:

I'm a liar [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem lying. Not just to my friends and co-workers, but to my family and to my husband. I chose to have emotional relationships with men at my work against my husbands wishes, and did so for months. He had already confronted me once about a phone call he saw, but I continued...

View more questions Search