Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    don8 Posts: 75, Reputation: 16

Oct 11, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Dilated to a one how long until labor starts?
    I went to the doctor yesterday and he said I was dilated to a one and the baby's head is in position but the cervix is still thick. How long until I go into labor?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 12:55 PM
    How far along are you? What number of baby is this, your first? Second? Either way, when it comes to babies, there is no sure way to know exactly when baby and mother nature will get together and decide its time. (short of c-section or induction... and even then things can be slow/fast going) I was dilated at a one for over a month with my first son, and for 1-2 weeks with my second son. It could be a while. Or it could happen fast. You never know. With my second son, I went in to see the doc on my first due date(the 16th was the first due date ,the 17th was the second due date... they couldn't makeup their minds... so I stuck with the original, which was the 17th.) and was making no signs of moving on on my own, and they set up an induction for 3 days later... However, I went into labor at 11:30pm that night, and my son was born by 10:31 the next morning(17th) so, point being, labor is a mysterious and elusive thing... all you can do is keep a watch handy and wait. Good luck.
    don8 Posts: 75, Reputation: 16

Oct 11, 2007, 02:06 PM
    I am a little over 36 weeks, this is my second baby I was induced the first time so I really don't know that much about how labor begins or anything like that I mean without being induced.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 02:07 PM
    As Buggage said... you will not know for sure. My doctors told me most first pregnancies go at least until their due date if not farther. They told me the chances of going into labor before then was very unlikely. I was dilated at one for quite awhile with my daughter (at least 2-3 weeks). I ending up having her 2 weeks early... so you never can tell.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Oct 11, 2007, 03:49 PM
    I was dialated 2 with my first son for 2 weeks and then they had to induce so it can take a while

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

How long does labor usually last in cats? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok Well my cat lost her mucus plug last night at around 10:30pm, and it is now 10:32pm the next night; I don't know if something is wrong because she still has not pushed or had any kittens. She panted once but that is all. Is something wrong with her? This is her first batch of kittens I don't...

How long is a cat in labor [ 1 Answers ]

My Cat is having her frist litter of kittens and has been in labor for 24 hours. HOW LONG BEFORE SHE WILL HAVE HER LITTER OF KITTENS? Really wondered:(

Inducer motor starts running, but ignition never starts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Payne Gas forced air furnace, and it's behavior has changed in the last couple of days, where it never gets past the Inducer motor cycle. When we turn on the thermostat (or even jumper across the "R" and "W" leads on the furnace controller) the inducer motor starts running and keeps...

My kittens are always dilated [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter saved a kitten from the animal shelter. It was found on a remote road very weak and very hungry. She was estimated to be 4 weeks old. At first we fed her with a large syringe then whe quickly learned to eat from a dish. She is now about six months old, and her eyes (ever since we've...

View more questions Search