Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    friendsdeceive Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 01:07 PM
    My ear is crusty.
    I got my cartilage pierced at Claire's on August 5th. I was told I could take it out at the earliest in 8 weeks, and right now I'm around the 6 week mark. They used a gun and a stainless steel hypoallergenic stud. Now my problem is, it was sore like hell for a while. My niece had a lovely time yanking on it when it was about 2 weeks old and it swelled badly. But now it doesn't really hurt, but it's crusty. Like it stings a little if I turn it, because the crust has dried to my ear and to the stud (It sounds so lovely I know). What I want to know is, do I need to be worried? Or just keep cleaning it (which I kind of sort of do... ish) and turning it? So I could really use some advice, because I don't want to have had all this aggravation only to take it out.

Thanks.
    trying4babykirk Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Oct 11, 2007, 01:12 PM
    I would clean it with hydrogen peroxide! You can buy it at wal mart or any pharmacy and that will kill the germs! Good luck!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 01:32 PM
    The crust is normal. That is your body trying to patch the hole.

Since it is at about 6 weeks, clean it once a day with antibacterial soap, THEN turn it. You need to clean off the "crusties" before you turn it. If you turn it first, the little bits of crust inside of the piercing can cause little tiny cuts inside of the piercing which can become painful, irritated and/or infected.
    Bestpiggy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 05:02 PM
    This happens to me a lot when I get a new piercing. If they gave you a solution when you got it pierced USE THAT. Simply take off the back of the earing but be very CAREFUL NOT TO REMOVE THE STUD FROM YOUR EAR. Use the solution to clean the back of the ear until its pretty... crustless. Put the back back on, and then turn it four times to the right, then left so the solution gets in the ear. Clean it THREE TIMES a day at least. When the crust builds off, do the same thing with taking off the back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear popped and now I can't hear out of my ear at all [ 7 Answers ]

I was wresteling with my kids and husband and we fell to the ground and I popped my ear pretty good and it started hurting went to the beach and got some salt water in my left ear and it was pretty excruating I had to get out of the ocean I went to sleep and when I woke up I couldn't hear out of my...

Uneven Ear Pressure and Voice Echo in Left Ear [ 45 Answers ]

Hello, I have some kind of ear condition that I'm seeking answers for. I have to constantly sniff throughout the day to equalize the pressure in my ears. The left ear seems too "open" for lack of a better word and when I sniff it corrects the pressure temporarily. The condition also causes an...

Sound in Right ear [ 8 Answers ]

On Feb, 12, 2007. I wake up with Continuing sound like whistle on my right ear I think this will disappear shortly, but it stay up to now. After three days from the starting sound, I went to clinic and the doctor checked me and give me medicine tablets for five days (DIMENHY DRINAT 500) I use it...

What is this behind my ear? [ 2 Answers ]

I have this behind my left ear, is this a Seborrheic Keratosis? I have tried all types of creams including topical steroids, it wouldn't go away but it just became smaller though but there's a crust on it. Appreciate some help here. Just curious to know what it is and how to treat it. It's not...

View more questions Search