Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cobradad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Blower motor runs slow
    I have a Luxaire Furnace with a/c, blower motor on furnace runs but very slowly, what would cause this, units are about 9 yrs. Old, motor starts slow and stays slow
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Sounds like it is getting very tired,, A little old age + high milage. does it start fast at normal speed and then slow down? If you have one you could put a clamp on amp meter on live hot wire ,to check the amp`s that it is pulling while running,your furnace tag that gives the specs on furnace usually tell what the amps are supposed to be. If it is off very much either way, less or more than what supposed to be,you might want to look at replacing before cold weather, might be running now (briefly) but its going to happen. We all get tired and worn out ,some sooner than others
    J Costa Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 8, 2007, 05:19 PM
    You could also try seeing if there is a lot of dirt built up on the blower and fan blades or squirrel cage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water runs slow [ 1 Answers ]

I really appreciate the help I received from an earlier problem. Now my problem is that the water in the tub comes out slower. How can I build up the pressure, so that the water fills the tub faster.:D

AC fan runs slow, but switch to heat fan runs normal [ 3 Answers ]

The other morning I came into the house and noticed the ac was not working. I turned off the breaker to the unit for a few minutes. Then turned it back on. Went to the thermostat pushed it over to auto and the fan came on but ran very slow. I them turned it off. Then turn on the heat, the fan...

Blower motor runs constantly with thermostat in Off position [ 2 Answers ]

The original problem was that periodically the blower motor would stop running when cooling which caused the outdoor unit coil/condenser to freeze up. If I cut the unit off, let it melt, turn it back on, it would run fine for a period. That period could be 3 hours or 3 days. After taking a...

Computer runs really slow [ 8 Answers ]

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0 Scan saved at 6:55:14 PM, on 2/19/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe...

Pc runs real slow [ 5 Answers ]

Awhile ago my computer got like 7 viruses but Norton said it autodeleted all of them. But since then the computer has been running real slow. Taking about a minute to change pages. When it first happened the internet wouldn't even come up and most programs would take 5 minutes before coming up....

View more questions Search