Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dreamcatcher91 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Weird death smell
    All right. Me and my friend were talking in my famialy room and a weird odor came to me. Making me almost sick. Gagging like. It smelled like death. And I looked on Google for possible answers. My friend has been for a long time in communication with many ghosts. They only talk to her when she's going to sleep. Recently in my house. A girl named sally. Now I have been having dreams of my loved ones who have passed. But they died in my dream before they really died on earth. After these two dreams both my grandfather and my neghibor passed. Now I smell death and no one can smell it but me. They say I'm crazy but I know I am not. I read it may be a demon. My friend is the only one who believes me. I don't know what it is and I would seriously like to know. Please help me. I need to know and desperate for some guidance. We have a hunch that sally is not who she says she is. We think she is a demon. But what do we know. Please help me.
    t_rod95 Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher91
    alright. Me and my friend were talking in my famialy room and a wierd odor came to me. making me almost sick. gagging like. it smelled like death. and i looked on google for possible answers. my friend has been for a long time in communication with many ghosts. they only talk to her when shes going to sleep. recently in my house. a girl named sally. Now i have been having dreams of my loved ones who have passed. but they died in my dream before they really died on earth. after these two dreams both my grandfather and my neghibor passed. Now i smell death and no one can smell it but me. they say im crazy but i know i am not. i read it may be a demon. my friend is the only one who believes me. i don't know what it is and i would seriously like to know. please help me. I need to know and desperate for some guidence. we have a hunch that sally is not who she says she is. we think she is a demon. but what do we know. please help me.
    Do what your heart is telling to do , and if you don't know what to do e-mail me back. It happened to me before and know it is gone but sometime I know some things going to happen before it does, so don't feel weird are any thing like that
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

Mar 4, 2007, 02:52 PM
    I get that smell all the time its when your near a ghost and have a strong connection
    samsam99 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Same when my grandma and uncle died about 1 month I smelled death..
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Mar 25, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Your not crazy. Sme people have the gift to be able to sense the spiritual world. Some people can read mind's. Everyone has gift's. Ppl will see you as crazy but who care's. It's up to you to keep your family and home safe in this sense. That smell could either be the house, like mold or something. On the other hand, it could be an evil entity. I've done research on these type's of subjects. Evil entity's come from when people use ouji boards or dabble in black magik. It could also be a spirit of a dead loved on or person. If you see any clouds of air or transparent people then you know it's a person who died. If it's a dark black cloud and make's you feel unsafe your dealing with a demon or evil entiy. Chances are since your smelling this, soon it may become seeing or hearing things as well. When it does, if it frighten's you then you need to either pray or command it to leave. Take salt and put it around your room or whole house while saying ''Protect me from harm, bless this home". If they still don't leave contact a paranormal investigatior or a father of the faith. Sometime's the reason why this may happen to people is because they are gifted, spirit's can sense that so they come to you for help. See if you can help them. Good luck. Keep us posted.
    sepria Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2007, 11:37 AM
    I have to agree with Raynefreak.
    One clue of demonic entites is the smell of sufuric acid or burning flesh. Usually a demonic entitiy will make itself known by pushing, shoving, demeanted noises and soforth. If you haven't expierenced any of these then I wouldn't worry too much as to it being evil.
    If you want, try to do an EVP or Electronic Voice Phenomon. Set up a tape recorder and have it ready. When you smell that smell, start recording and asking questions pertaining to it such as "Are you the spirit who is making that smell" or "Are you trying to tell me somthing"... and you might be surprised to the answer that you get, when you play the tape back. This doesn't always work, but many a person has had success doing this.
    Also, set up a camcorder and digital camera, and when you smell it again, take pictures of the area where it's the strongest to you... you might get something, you never know.

Otherwise, like she had mentioned before, ask you local trusted paranormal group for help... but be careful as there are some groups out there that are not honest, and will tell you what you want to hear, just so they look good or you get satisfaction. As for my group, if we didn't get anything, we'll let you know. We won't try to find bogous stuff to show you to say you have a haunting or anything... but just be careful as some groups do.
    Varoth Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2007, 11:40 AM
    It might be a demon, but observe a little more to be sure, if it starts getting violent, call a priest, an investigator, or, and this is a last resort, move. But keep in mind, emotions can blind us to what we only want to see.

P.S. who you going to call? GHOSTBUSTERS!!
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Sep 21, 2007, 11:52 PM
    HI... Am sorry for your grandfather & your neighbour... You did not mention much about sally do you see her does she talk to you?? Is she the one who is telling you that your loved ones are going to die?? One more thing do not worry about having the ability to see/hear /dream about things in the future that it happens later on... it's a gift from GOD... demon can not give you such thing... it's an alert from GOD... I have the same thing that my close friends call me witch while am not : ) so you are not alone... give more info re: sally...

Ms. Redrose
    abraxzia Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2007, 09:06 AM
    alright. Me and my friend were talking in my famialy room and a wierd odor came to me. making me almost sick. gagging like. it smelled like death. and i looked on google for possible answers. my friend has been for a long time in communication with many ghosts. they only talk to her when shes going to sleep. recently in my house. a girl named sally. Now i have been having dreams of my loved ones who have passed. but they died in my dream before they really died on earth. after these two dreams both my grandfather and my neghibor passed. Now i smell death and no one can smell it but me. they say im crazy but i know i am not. i read it may be a demon. my friend is the only one who believes me. i don't know what it is and i would seriously like to know. please help me. I need to know and desperate for some guidence. we have a hunch that sally is not who she says she is. we think she is a demon. but what do we know. please help me.
    Terrance, I don't want you to worry. I can smell death as well. I have been able too since I was twelve. My first experience was when I was in the girl scouts. We baked cookies for a retirement home. Once we got there I was in the main room for about 20 seconds before I started to get sick from the awful smell. My scout leader brought me out to the front room which was open for air. She asked me what had happened. I told her I could smell it. I could smell that there was death. She didn't believe me. Since then I have been able to develop the ability. I can now determine if a particular person is going to die in a crowd. Sometimes,. sometimes, I think of it s a curse. Now most of the time I am comfortable with it. I want you to know that you had nothing to do with your family members dying. The only reason you dreamed it is because you were being "prepared" for their death. Death is a natural part of life. You can smell death because you are an empath. It isn't anything big. Your "ability" will develop over time. I know that you are frightened. That too will pass as you grow stronger.
    As far is as "sally" the spirit is disgruntled and unable to pass. It isn't a demon. It can't hurt you as long as you don't "let it". You have to somehow make it understand that it doesn't belong there. That it must let whatever makes it angry go. Burn sweet sage in every corner of your home. It is a temorary protection but you eventually must make it cross.
    Tracey

Oct 7, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MayMsredrose
    HI... Am sorry for your grandfather & your neighbour....You did not mention much about sally do you see her does she talk to you ??? is she the one who is telling you that your loved ones are going to die??? One more thing do not worry about having the ability to see/hear /dream about things in the future that it happens later on ....it's a gift from GOD ....demon can not give you such thing....it's an alert from GOD ... I have the same thing that my close friends call me witch while am not : ) so you are not alone... give more info re: sally....

Ms. Redrose
    Ms. Red Rose. You have a unique ability. You say that you are not a witch. You must check deep into your family on both sides. Go as far back as you can. I know that you do not know me, but the things that you will discover will be shocking to your system and your physcy. You must understand, this ability you have does not make you a witch. It just means that you are empathic. Empaths can see or feel or sense if you will. Or a combination of the three. I can sense, not see. I "feel" things. It is difficult to describe. I can dream things but I can control those. I cannot control what comes to me. Sometimes, honestly it scares me. My grandmother died before I was even thought of. My mothers mom. Of cancer. The day I came back from my experience with the smell of death. I saw her in the middle of the nght at the foot of my bed. She wore the sailor suit in the picture that I had of her on my dresser. She instantly told me with out speaking to not be afraid. That I would be okay. She was beautiful. That it would "come to me". Interestingly enough, it did. I spoke with my father about her. Apparently my mom had it too. She never told me. She was trying to protect me from it. She denied her gift and suffered terrific headached because of it. It skipped my Aunt. Now I have it.

Oct 7, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    Your not crazy. Sme ppl have the gift to be able to sense the spiritual world. Some ppl can read mind's. Everyone has gift's. Ppl will see you as crazy but who care's. It's up to you to keep your family and home safe in this sense. That smell could either be the house, like mold or something. On the other hand, it could be an evil entity. I've done research on these type's of subjects. Evil entity's come from when ppl use ouji boards or dabble in black magik. It could also be a spirit of a dead loved on or person. If you see any clouds of air or transparent ppl then you know it's a person who died. If it's a dark black cloud and make's you feel unsafe your dealing with a demon or evil entiy. Chances are since your smelling this, soon it may become seeing or hearing things as well. When it does, if it frighten's you then you need to either pray or command it to leave. Take salt and put it around your room or whole house while saying ''Protect me from harm, bless this home". If they still don't leave contact a paranormal investigatior or a father of the faith. Sometime's the reason why this may happen to ppl is b/c they are gifted, spirit's can sense that so they come to you for help. See if you can help them. Good luck. Keep us posted.
    I would not call myself an expert on this. But please read my other posts. I responded to the original question that started these responses. Since 12 years old I have been able to smell death. I hve some emapthic abilities. They are not as developed as I would like them I cannot control this ability. It just comes to me. Most of the time I "feel things" sometimes if it powerful enough I will see them. I saw a spirit only once. He was an old one and not the good kind either. I developed a defense against him. No paranormal investigtor is going to help. The individual must and I can't stress this enough, learn to develop a defense system against these kinds of things. Most people have one in place. Some of us learn defense. My husband, total non believer until "things" started to happen for him. He told me about it. And he was afraid. He still is. He saw things he shouldn't have.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 10:59 AM
    You are open to the spiritual dimension. Just make sure you do not open yourself to the negative occultish type stuff. Many Christians say that people with these gifts are getting them from the devil but from the things I have been experiencing I don't believe all of it is satanic. But be careful of Sally until you know what kind of spirit she is.
    If she is a wrong spirit then pray that it stop entirely.
    Pray to God to develop discernment and not let you cross into the gray or dark areas with it.
    It is really pretty neat to know something is going to happen before it happens but as abraxzia said you can not control it. You have to trust that when you get this sense of someone going to die it is their time so don't let it start to bother you that it is your fault for 'not warning or doing something' to intervene.
    I don't get the smell but I have sensed when I met my old boyfriend something told me he was not going to live to see 50 he died at 49. When I met his son I sensed he was not going to see 30 and he died at 27. When I heard he had died Aug. 4 something kept telling me, nagging me, somebody more famous than a movie star is going to die a really tragic death within month. Not an old famous person dying in the hospital from an illness. Bigger, the world will stop for a second cause the world will know. I saw the dark tunnel with the car. Aug 31 Princess Di died.
    I was driving down Rte 51 along the Ohio River during the first day of the Regatta watching the stunt plane do downward spirals. I swore I saw the plane spiral into the river, it didn't.
    Three days later, the last day of the regatta, on the news they said the plane spiraled into the River near the West End Bridge.
    Lately daily something has been telling me things that are going to happen and then they do exactly (people will even say word for word) what the 'voice' told me they were going to say ahead of time. It is kind of neat in a way but you can't control it; only learn whatever life lesson there might be within it.
    I think part of the reason I have been able to know ahead is I have learned not to waste my time sitting around planning what I am going to do and just following what I sense as it is happening.
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Oct 8, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Dear Abraxzia,

I have already investigated my family history from both sides and it was amazing most of my dad's family they can feel or sense things before it happens and tell you exactly what is going to happen and very few of them can see dreams which come true... as for my moms side they are mush stronger as they can see/talk/dream/hear /see/sence things before or while its happening... but both sides denies it as if it's a shame not a gift from GOD... well I know that some people will not believe you or laugh at you or even fear you or call you witch like my friends when they call me:D but I do not care and I do not speak of it unless something bad is going to happen to the person I saw or dream about only then I say what I saw because I feel it's my duty towards them whether they take it seriously or not... As for me I can not deny that these abilities ruin my life to a certain stage... but I can not get rid of it... am doing my best to control it...

Ms. Redrose

Quote Originally Posted by abraxzia
    Ms. Red Rose. You have a very unique ability. You say that you are not a witch. You must check deep into your family on both sides. Go as far back as you can. I know that you do not know me, but the things that you will discover will be shocking to your system and your physcy. You must understand, this ability you have does not make you a witch. It just means that you are empathic. Empaths can see or feel or sense if you will. Or a combination of the three. I can sense, not see. I "feel" things. It is difficult to describe. I can dream things but I can control those. I cannot control what comes to me. Sometimes, honestly it scares me. My grandmother died before I was even thought of. My mothers mom. Of cancer. The day I came back from my experience with the smell of death. I saw her in the middle of the nght at the foot of my bed. She wore the sailor suit in the picture that I had of her on my dresser. she instantly told me with out speaking to not be afraid. That I would be okay. She was beautiful. that it would "come to me". Interestingly enough, it did. I spoke with my father about her. Apparently my mom had it too. She never told me. She was trying to protect me from it. She denied her gift and suffered terrific headached because of it. It skipped my Aunt. Now I have it.

Oct 8, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MayMsredrose
    Dear Abraxzia,

I have already investigated my family history from both sides and it was amazing most of my dad's family they can feel or sence things before it happens and tell you exactly what is going to happen and very few of them can see dreams which come true...as for my moms side they are mush stronger as they can see/talk/dream/hear /see/sence things before or while its happening ...but both sides denies it as if it's a shame not a gift from GOD...well i know that some people will not believe you or laugh at you or even fear you or call you witch like my friends when they call me:D but i do not care and i do not speak of it unless something bad is going to happen to the person i saw or dream about only then i say what i saw becasue i feel it's my duty towards them whether they take it seriously or not...As for me i can not deny that these abilities ruin my life to a certain stage ...but i can not get rid of it ...am doing my best to control it ...

Ms. Redrose
    Hello there. Thank you for responding. You know, I investigated my family on both sides and was surprised by what I found. My bloodline dates back before 1100. Apparently I come from the very first kings and queens of Ireland. I was actually shocked as I have never felt like royalty. :) I am a hard working person and have been my whole life. As I explored my family origins, I came across some old scrolls I found in my fathers attic after he passed away some years ago. There was a note attached from him that stated that if I ever came across them to read them thoroughly and I would know the answers that I had been seeking. To guard them well for they will be needed one day. I took them to a historian and they are over 500 years old from the dating they did on the material it was written on. Possibly older. Back to Druidic times, before the norman invasion. He asked to keep them and I told him under no circumstances no. I have put them in a very safe place. They did explain a lot of things, but there are still some unaswered questions. I also found scrolls that contained the original family crests painted on hand weaved cloth. They are original and authenticated. I will continue to search, but some advice to you if you will hear it. You may not understand wt you have, but I will tell you this. Time and only time will help you control what you have. You will not be able to force control over your abilities. Like you, I do not speak of this to many. I have been called witch many times, but what and who I am comes from ancient times and places that only exist in historical writings. For some reason they have manifested through time and through my family members. I was also surprised to discover that my family once controlled the Dies Monarchy of Ireland before the norman invasion. I guess my father for some reason tried protecting me from a lot of this. I don't know why and I probably will never know why as he is gone and only remnants of my family are scattered through out the world. My mother would never speak of it. She was a very devoted Prodestant. My father a non practicing Catholic. I have chosen my path and I feel secure in that. I am a minister of my faith and have been for over 12 years. I will continue to search until I find the answers I am looking for. I fear that will probably take the rest of my life for however long I am blessed to to be here. I thought I would be the very last in my line. There is another, my daughter. I am doing this for her. I am sure for some reason that she will know what she needs to do with all of this. Or perhaps her daughter. Who knows right? Once again I thank you for writing me. I hope that things go well for you. (By the way, I do not think that you are crazy. I believe that you are a part of something greater. That you have these gifts for a specific purpose. If you go looking for that purpose, be careful. You may not like what you find. But it is what you may have to accept. Or not. Just remember that you always have a choice...
    Sincerely,
    Tracey

Oct 8, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    You are open to the spiritual dimension. Just make sure you do not open yourself to the negative occultish type stuff. Many Christians say that people with these gifts are getting them from the devil but from the things I have been experiencing I don't believe all of it is satanic. But be careful of Sally until you know what kind of spirit she is.
    If she is a wrong spirit then pray that it stop entirely.
    Pray to God to develop discernment and not let you cross into the gray or dark areas with it.
    It is really pretty neat to know something is going to happen before it happens but as abraxzia said you can not control it. You have to trust that when you get this sense of someone going to die it is their time so don't let it start to bother you that it is your fault for 'not warning or doing something' to intervene.
    I don't get the smell but I have sensed when I met my old bf something told me he was not going to live to see 50 he died at 49. When I met his son I sensed he was not going to see 30 and he died at 27. When I heard he had died Aug. 4 something kept telling me, nagging me, somebody more famous than a movie star is going to die a really tragic death within month. Not an old famous person dying in the hospital from an illness. Bigger, the world will stop for a second cause the world will know. I saw the dark tunnel with the car. Aug 31 Princess Di died.
    I was driving down Rte 51 along the Ohio River during the first day of the Regatta watching the stunt plane do downward spirals. I swore I saw the plane spiral into the river, it didn't.
    Three days later, the last day of the regatta, on the news they said the plane spiraled into the River near the West End Bridge.
    Lately daily something has been telling me things that are going to happen and then they do exactly (people will even say word for word) what the 'voice' told me they were going to say ahead of time. It is kinda neat in a way but you can't control it; only learn whatever life lesson there might be within it.
    I think part of the reason I have been able to know ahead is I have learned not to waste my time sitting around planning what I am going to do and just following what I sense as it is happening.

I was wondering, and you you don't have to answer, but how old are you. The reason I ask this is because if you are younger, perhaps around the age of twenty, your abilities are advanced. They will continue to advance progressivley and rapidly.. I am sorry... I know that you don't know me or me you, but be ready. Believe me when I say it will scare you and will become too much. I believe that you will be able to handle this though. The research I have uncovered thus far is that my mother could sense things when she was 35. I was sensing things stronger than her at the age of 12. It is about a twenty year difference. If you have anyone that you can compare this to, do it. You may find that your abilities to sense things are at least twenty years more advanced than the person older than you. I don't mean to scare you. I am a minister of my faith and have been for many years. I have researched this subject almost my entire adult life. I am no expert. Believe me. But I know enough. May I ask a question. Again, you don't have to answer. Can you "see" during the day yet? Not in your dreams, but during the day. It becomes fuzzy and you seem t get tunnel vision. You can see a scene play out right in front of you. Within three days it happens? Regardless? Have you researched your bloodlines yet? Can you? I may be able to help with that. PLease let me know. Thank you.

Abraxzia
    RebeccaRose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 11:37 PM
    When I was 34 I quit smoking and suddenly came to the conclusion that my smelling ability had become so great that, two individual's who came close to me would die as I smelled death on them. They died within the week. So, I started back smoking again so I wouldn't smell it. On Sept. 7th, 2001 I was videotaping a high school football game and I smelled death close to me, it was all around me in the air. It stayed with me for three days--death was in the air for that long, and finally went away on Monday. Tuesday, 9/11/01 happened and I freaked out. I haven't had that smell since, I'm still smoking... I hope I don't have that smell again, but if I do, I'll surely wonder...
    Fr3yja Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 01:45 PM
    I had a terrifying nightmare w/ religious overtones... seemed to be a warning of death & rebirth. Anyway... at one point in the dream I smelled DEATH... not the kind that makes you want to gag or anything... it definitely was negative.. It was a smell that I could "FEEL" like 2 senses combined. It also smelled"old" terrifying!. the dream still haunts me... also when I awoke from the dream I could still smell the smell... nothing like I've ever smelled... I did not smell any sulfur by the way... it eventually went away... I think I'm going to re-live the dream by hypnosis to get a few of the details that I have forgotten and try to get it interpreted... I am going to post my dream in most of the detail on this site to see if anyone can help interpret it. I've been working on it for 4 days now and so much information... I'm just trying to learn this stuff just because of the dream.
    11casandra Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Calm down
    First you could put something holy like a bible or a cross demons or evil hate that it burns them
    You should not talk to her about it if she is a demon you could put your life at stake :eek:
    spirital Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 04:05 AM

Is it possible that its not death you are smelling but just a spirit
    When my dad died I too smelt that death sickly sweet smell. My daughter who is 11 has smelt it too and on occasions we smell it near us so we think it's a spirt who is visiting us.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Nov 26, 2008, 03:13 PM

I can often tell someone who has been close to the Gateway of Death. For example a person who was with someone as they died, or someone who attempted suicide. For me it is like a darkness, not so much visual as tactile, in the air around them. I feel it. For me it doesn't usually come through as a smell, but that is certainly possible. What you smell is death, the presence of death. Whatever Sally is, you remain free to give her what she needs or not. If she needs your pain or fear, you can deny her those things. If she needs recognition and understanding, you can give her that, as we should all give that to all beings.

In some cultures it is believed that shamans are not human, because humans die, and when they die, they don't come back. But shamans go to those places and come back. Being able to safely walk the road of death in spirit and return into one's body is the mark of a great wizard or shaman. There are benefits for those who learn to walk that road, both for yourself and for the beings you help along the way. But it is not an easy school, and the decision to explore that way should not be taken lightly.

You can decide for yourself, whether to deny the scent of death and the ghosts, and go out into the sunlight and breathe the free air and live your life solidly in this world until your own time comes, or to choose the path between the worlds. Choosing the latter is quite an adventure! But if you do, be prepared to need every ounce of bravery and integrity you have (and many ounces you never knew you had).

Blessings on whatever journeys you choose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird goo [ 9 Answers ]

I have this strange, odorless sticky orange/brown goo slowly oozing from the main sewer pipe out of the house in the basement. It has taken months, possibly years to biuld up, but has become noticeable recently. It looks like candle wax has been dripped on the side of the pipe. I had a plumber...

Help me, my turtle is being weird [ 9 Answers ]

I just bought a turtle, and its breathing really hard, with its mouth open when its on the land part of the tank... Is it panting because its hot??

Weird boyfriend - please help... [ 19 Answers ]

Hi... I'm new at this and need advice... I've been going out with this guy for nearly a yr and a half... but we don't spend more than 2 days togther because we live too far from each other. I have just spent a total of 34hours with him... and he decided he needed space!! ***?? He says he still...

Weird angles [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to replace all the trim in the house and am noticing that the door frames seem to be uneven. By uneven I mean the gap from the corner to trim is larger on the bottom than at the top. We live in a 1 story house this only occurs at a few doors. Would this be poor construction or is the...

Weird guy [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! MY friend likes to wear women's underwear and lingerie. He is straight, but his behaviour is so weird. I don't understand this. Can anyone explain to me? Thanks a lot!

View more questions Search