Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murray6405 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Relinquishing Parental Rights in WA State
    How does one relinquish parental rights pro se in Washington State and will that nullify child support obligations, if there were any?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Have you bothered reading the many other threads on this issue? Could have saved us all some time.

Relinquishing parental rights is not an easy thing to get done. Generally its only done where there is someone waiting to adopt or where the parent poses a danger to the child. Relinquishing rights does NOT end parental responsibility. Though, in an adoption, the adopting parent assumes that responsibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishing my parental rights [ 9 Answers ]

Is it possible to relinquish my parental rights? My 15 year old daughter won't stay out of trouble and I don't want to be responsible for bringing her back into our home each time she is released from juvenile detention. I've had to pay for her lawyer, court costs, probation fees, missed time...

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 9 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the father of the child wants nothing to do with it. He is willing to relinquish his parental rights because he doesn't want to pay child support. He keeps telling me that his lawyer is preparing the proper documentation but I don't believe him. Can he relinquish his rights...

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I find paperwork for a parent to relinquish his parental rights?

Relinquishing parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering how lengthy the process for relinquishing your parental rights and if you still have to pay child support after wards... we live in Mississippi

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a father of two children in the state of Virginia. At this time I will need to relinquish my parental rights to their mother. Please advise the first steps in this process. Thanks, CB

View more questions Search