Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ldwillo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Cannot open links that require clicking on a "submit" button
    I am not able to open links that require clicking on a button to access. My computer tries to open but what results is a blank page is displayed for a minute and then it just goes back to the original page that I start from. This happens in email as well as on direct web pages. Sometimes it locks my computer up so I have to cntl alt delete the whole page.
    Usually if I have problems opening a link I can right click and go to properties and then cut and paste the URL but with buttons the URL is not given. Do you have any suggestions?
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Oct 4, 2007, 06:39 AM
    What browser and operating system are you using?
    Have you tried a different browser?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2007, 06:48 AM
    I ran into that, maybe even here for a while. Most of what I have written in the last 10 years has been in NS 4.x. I have had trouble when I pasted something into such a box. I found that just by adding a couple of spaces, it would work.
    ldwillo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 07:21 AM
    I have Window XP (not with SP2) and I use DOGPILE which is a browser that searches Google, Windows Live, Yahoo, Ask, and more. I have always used this browser, but awhile back my computer crashed and so I had to take it to someone who had to reinstall everything. Is there something I need to do again to have DOGPILE accepted as my main browser? I have it as my homepage now.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Well for one Dogpile is simply a website not a browser (like Internet Explorer or Firefox). Also I dearly hope you now have SP2 installed, this will increase the security features of Windows. Dogpile does have a toolbar, is that what you are referring to?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2007, 07:40 AM
    I should also ask whether you have an anti-virus installed?
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Oct 4, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ldwillo
    I am not able to open links that require clicking on a button to access. My computer tries to open but what results is a blank page is displayed for a minute and then it just goes back to the original page that I start from. This happens in email as well as on direct web pages. Sometimes it locks my computer up so I have to cntl alt delete the whole page.
    Usually if I have problems opening a link I can right click and go to properties and then cut and paste the URL but with buttons the URL is not given. Do you have any suggestions?
    It's probably due to a setting with your hyperlink configuration on the whole computer. Try going to Control Panel, Folder options, File Types, scroll down to NONE URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol, and set the settings like they are in the attached image. I've highlighted the buttons you should press in red.

The text in the "Application used to perform this action" box should be
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -nohome
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Clicking" noise from thermostat [ 12 Answers ]

Several months ago we heard a "clicking" or snapping (like a whip) noise emanating from the thermostat in our hallway when we would put the A/C or heat on. It was an old style thermostat (dial) so we called a repairman and he said we needed to replace it with a new one. We have since had a new...

Can landlord require tentant to "front" money for repairs? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a landlord require tenants to pay for repairs required to a rented home? The landlord promises to repay tenant, but tenant would rather not be a credit facility for the landlord. A few specifics: I'm the tenant and rent a detached house in New York City The landlord lives in France...

Nordyne Furnace "burner limit circuit open", during A/C operation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Hope this makes sense and required info is present. Any help or suggestions is appreciated, thanks. Furnace brand is Nordyne, about 3 years old, cooling portion model# of unit is JS3BA-036KA. This issue started last week. The A/C still works, but now the blower portion? Doesn't shut...

Gas stove no "Clicking" and no spark [ 2 Answers ]

All 4 burners have stopped clicking. Can light with match. Is plugged in. Ge stove. Please help. Thanks

Using Paypal "Buy Now" button on website [ 11 Answers ]

Made a simple "Buy Now" button with Paypal's Merchant Tools and stuck it here: http://tripswithkidz.com/advertisenow.html Why does clicking the button result in Method Not Allowed The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /advertisenow.html. Checking out that button code in...

View more questions Search