Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jl29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2005, 10:10 PM
    Small bump on penis shaft?
    Hello. Here is my question. A few months ago I noticed a pimple like bump on the skin on the shaft of my penis. I believed it was an infected hair because I do shave down there. Over time the bump has gotten a little bigger (barely) and has turned black. It doesn't hurt at all nor does it itch. I did some research on here and judging by the symptoms of penis cancer, that isn't it. It is not attached under the skin. Any ideas on what it could be. Almost looks like a small blood blister that is raised a little bit. I have not been sexually active for a little over a year, so I don't think it is an STD. thanks for any ideas...
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 18, 2005, 11:03 PM
    Jl29, since your patiently waiting here for advice, I will try to give you some answers. Some guys have bumps called pearly penile papule on their penises, which are normal growths that appear around the base of hair follicles. Also, another fairly common condition is infection of the sebaceous glands, or simply put, pimple-like growths. These infections respond to antibiotics. Both conditions are not unusual, but it is best to be evaluated by a doctor to determine a diagnosis and treatment, if any is necessary.
    jl29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2005, 11:14 PM
    Thank you pretty. I was scared to death at first because I thought it might be cancer. But like I said, I did some research on here and it doesn't seem like that. I first noticed it about 2 or 3 months ago a few days after I shaved. It was like a small pimple. Wasn't real worried about it. But now, it looks like a little blood blister. It is about the size of a pencile eraser, maybe a little smaller. I just don't know what it is. It doesn't hurt or anything.

And it is located almost to the backside about half way down. I do have hair that grows there, so that is why I thought I had to do with a hair follicle.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 18, 2005, 11:18 PM
    Your welcome.
    tanner. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 10:42 PM
    I have the same thing.. it's about the third time I've gotten one and it's just as you describe.. it started red and looked just like a pimple and now it's starting to turn black or dark purple in the middle.. in previous cases it has just gone away within a matter of a week or two.. I don't know what they are but I know they're not an STD of any kind because I've yet to have sex but I am a little worried about what it could be.
    bumpanswer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 05:58 PM

My penis has a lump on it, what is it? - Wellsphere

There are several reasons your penis could have a lump or lumps on it. In some cases there will be nothing to worry about, however, it could be the sign of a condition that will require treatment such as genital warts.

The most common types of genital lumps are explained below.

Pearly penile papules

Pearly penile papules are small lumps around 1-2 mm across that are found around the side of the head of the penis. You can normally see them when you pull your foreskin back and they look like tiny pimples. They are in fact, tiny glands and are perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Lymphocele

A lymphocele is a hard swelling that suddenly appears on the shaft of the penis after sex or masturbation. It occurs because the lymphatic channels (which make up part of the lymphatic system along with lymph nodes or glands) in your penis have been temporarily blocked. The swelling should soon subside and will not cause any permanent problems.

Lichen nitidus

Lichen nitidus is a harmless skin condition that causes small, shiny flesh-colored lumps to appear on your penis. They can also appear on your arms, legs and trunk. The lumps often appear in groups and may look like small warts.

The condition does not require treatment as the lumps will disappear by themselves. If you decide you want treatment for cosmetic reasons, steroid cream may help remove them.

Molluscum

Molluscum are small pinkish-white lumps about 1-5mm across. They can be found on the penis, as well as the lower abdomen near the pubic hair and the inner thigh. They are the result of a viral skin infection that is spread through skin-to-skin contact, so the infection can often be passed on during sex.

It is important not to scratch the lumps because they could become infected and cause scarring.

The condition is not serious and usually clears up in 12-18 months without treatment. If treatment is required, a doctor or nurse can help remove the lumps by piercing them with a sterile needle and removing their contents.

The mollusca can be frozen off (cryotherapy) or burnt off (diathermy). Diathermy treatment requires a local anesthetic first.

Other treatments include pricking the mollusca with a strong chemical that causes the contents to burst out, (this can be painful and may leave scars); and scraping off the mollusca (cutterage).

Sores (ulcers)

Painful sores, spots or ulcers on your genitals are typically a result of a herpes infection. More rarely, it could be a result of skin cancer. In either case you should visit your doctor or STD clinic as soon as possible.

Genital herpes can be treated with antiviral medication

Genital warts

Genital warts that appear on the shaft of your penis will look like the warts you would find on the hands. Warts that appear under your foreskin or near your urethra will look pinkish-white.

Genital warts are caused by the HPV virus which can be spread during sexual intercourse.

You should visit your doctor or STD clinic for treatment. Do not use the wart lotions that are available at pharmacists as these are not suitable for genital warts and could harm your penis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have a red bump on the shaft of my penis. [ 3 Answers ]

About a week ago I developed a red bump on my penis it doesn't hurt unless I touch it and it won't pop and I don't think its an std cause I only have sex with one person its kind of developed a white head and looks like a big zit but I don't know if I should pop it what should I do?

Small bump under head on shaft of penis [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there I am 26 years old and for the last little while have had a small pimple like bump on the shaft of my penis on the right hand side just under the head. It does not hurt and I don t think it is anything I had a phisically I couple of years ago and the doctor said everything was cool but...

Small Bump Above Penis Shaft [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 years old and I am a virgin. I discovered a small bump about 1 cm across right above the shaft of my penis about 1 week ago. It has not shown any growth. The area's colour is also slightly red/purple. I am of Indian nationality. Need some advice.

Small pimple-like bump above penis shaft. [ 3 Answers ]

So I have been with my girlfriend for about 8 months and I know she's been tested, and I was tested this past July and came out clean. I don't have too much of a sexual history aside from with her, and we haven't had sex for about a month now. A few weeks ago, I noticed a small raised pimple-like...

Small bump side of shaft of penis? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got back from my girlfriends house and we had fun but we didn't have sex but I spent time of excitement with my penis but she didn't have time to finish it for me so when I was going home I had blue balls and it hurt so I was going to wipe the slate (masturbate) but as I was doing it I...

View more questions Search