mdtito Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 06:07 AM
    MTD 11/36 series ignition wiring, where do wires go
    5 wires on the back of my ignition switch

1. On one terminal there are 2 wires dark green wires
    2. On another terminal there is 1 wire Black and it is hot all the time
    3. Then on another terminal there is 2 yellow wires
    4. Then another terminal has 1 orange wire hot when key in start position
    5. Then finally 1 red wire on the last terminal hot when key in run position in the start position its no longer hot

My question is where do these wires go to
    The yellow wires go to the safety features? Clutch, seat, blades and neutral safety switches? If so what happens with them, do they ground the engine so it shuts off or won't start or just the opposite?
    I am thinking that the orange wire goes to the one single wire on the solenoid the small one in the middle of the 2 heavier ones?
    If the 2 above are correct great, but I have no ideal where the others go. 2 dark green and the black is probably connected right because I can get it to start by jumping the starter with a battery booster pack

If anyone can help thanks so much

Vince
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Go to your local mtd dealer, and ask them for a wiring diagram print out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD riding mower - ignition switch not starting engine [ 2 Answers ]

My MTD riding mower (an older model) does not make any attempt to start the engine when I turn the key on the ignition. (no sound, no turning over of the engine, nothing). It is similar to what happens if the blades are down. (But they arent). When I attempted to start the engine at the...

MTD 11/36 series 660 through 679 wiring [ 2 Answers ]

MTD 11/36 series 660 through 679 wiring I have an MTD 11/36 it was given to me because it would not start. After cleaning all the safety switches and what not I figured out it would start with a jump to the starter but realize solenoid may be bad. The battery reads 12.15 volts, wonder if that...

MTD 11/36 series 660 through 679 wiring [ 1 Answers ]

MTD 11/36 series 660 through 679 wiring I have an MTD 11/36 it was given to me because it would not start. After cleaning all the safety switches and what not I figured out it would start with a jump to the starter but realize solenoid may be bad. The battery reads 12.15 volts, wonder if that...

B&S Ignition Wires [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B&S 18HP and I took off the ignition switch since it was really bad looking and thought I would remember where the wires went... however... I DO NOT~ can you give me an idea of what wires go where on the switch... seems it worked and cranked the motor before... and now... well... don't...

View more questions Search