Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakes Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 11:58 PM
    How can I control a weak stomach.
    Hi

I have had a weak stomach for years now, and it’s come to a point where I really need to sort it out. The problem is that I need to use the toilet when I get nervous, this happens when I go out. My feces are not solid. I have never had solid feces very weak almost watery. I don’t get a lot of pains in my stomach.

I do watch what I eat and drink, no strong foods, red meats,milk,and alcohol.
    I have being for 3 scoops. On the third scoop the doctor told me my lining has being burnt.

I have being to a homeopath, and he says that my nervous system is working at 60%.
    How can I get this up if it is the problem?

Regards
    Jakes
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2007, 03:55 AM
    Nervous and anxiety can actually cause problems that you described. If the doctor ruled out any kind of infections or diseases then if you eliminate being nervous, eliminate your anxiety then maybe these symptoms will disappear.

Counseling from a doctor, regular counselor even medication if it has been an on going problem would do the trick. What do you mean 3 scoops and what the lining of your stomach? Have you been checked completely?
    cerulean Posts: 110, Reputation: 5

Sep 25, 2007, 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jakes
    Hi

I have had a weak stomach for years now, and it's come to a point where I really need to sort it out. The problem is that I need to use the toilet when I get nervous, this happens when I go out. My feces are not solid. I have never had solid feces very weak almost watery. I don't get alot of pains in my stomach.

I do watch what I eat and drink, no strong foods, red meats,milk,and alcohol.
    I have being for 3 scoops. On the third scoop the doctor told me my lining has being burnt.

I have being to a homeopath, and he says that my nervous system is working at 60%.
    How can I get this up if it is the problem?

Regards
    Jakes
    Sounds like you need a colonscopy to find out what is going on inside there. What do you mean by "weak stomach".. anything beyond what you described? If you have IBS, avoid alcohol, which you say you do, but ALL alcohol, avoid chocolate, caffeine, coffee, soda's and carbonated beverages as well as fatty foods, fried foods, etc. If you are lactose intolerant, try soy products instead. If you have IBS a great book to get is "Eating for IBS" by heather van vorous, you can get it low cost at Amazon. Com or eBay.

If you have pain in your gut/stomach that is NOT good. These symptoms build slowly, they start with one problem and flow into another one later in life. It can be mostly diet related, but if you have anxiety and stress in your life, it will go straight to your gut. Do you hate your job, is there someone stressing you out most of the time or all of the time? Is there a situation in your life that distresses you or stresses you out? Are there issues in your life that you are always upset about?

These will go straight from your mind into your body and affect your stomach and nerves. Its all connected.

Your lining being burned... do you mean "inflamed"? That is indicative of all kinds of issues, usually acid reflux or IBS which is quite common, and then there is the problem of colitis or diverticulitis. Do you have a pain in the lower left side of your stomach?

Sep 25, 2007, 05:17 AM
    By 3 scoops I meant colonscopy.
    The "weak stomach" is like not ever having solid feces, and have to go more than once to the toilet. Daily I go at least 9-11 times.
    I do not suffer from any pains.
    With the stress part I do stress out quite abit, because I feel I need to know that there is a clean toilet available at all times, and if there is not I start to stress badly, this happens even when travelling don't know what to do then.
    Yes it was inflamed.

Regards
    Jakes
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2007, 06:38 AM
    So you are being medically observed and is there any kind of treatment process or more blood work and tests that they want to do? I take it they have not found the cause of this but I am thinking that stress is defiantly aggravating this situation. Have they said anything about Irratible bowel syndrome or anything yet? 9 - 11 times is a lot of times, and I thought I had a problem.

Now to your diet. What exactly is a healthy diet and what types of foods and drinks do you eat? Have you had any kind of blood work done for anything that might cause this or have they given any clue what could be the underlyning cause.

I hope what ever it is that you are able to come up with a solution.
    Question do you take in a lot of milk products or have you even thought that maybe it could possibly due to allergies to certain foods? That is always a possibility as well. May as well remain open to the causes until they pin point or you personally pinpoint the cause.

I hope that I have been somewhat helpful, just giving you possibilities to look into and hopefully you continue to seek advice through your doctors. Be persistent.

Sep 25, 2007, 11:15 PM
    I was medically observed, the last scoop was 2years ago,and it was OK for a few months and went back to how it currently is. They said its not IBS.
    I eat a lot of chicken, pasta, stuff that won't effect my stomach
    I don't eat any beans,red meat,no milk at all,and any strong food.

Thanks for the help
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 11:48 PM
    I married someone like you. All his emotions and stress go to his intestines. He has missed some or even much of the major events in his life because he was in the bathroom.

He had a colonoscopy a couple of years ago and found out he has diverticulosis which can become diverticulitis. (The first is the condition; the second is the inflammation.) To control and relieve the symptoms of this, he is supposed to avoid certain foods and eat more of certain other ones.

Get a colonoscopy and a good radiologist's reading for a definitive diagnosis.

Sep 26, 2007, 12:45 AM
    Also if it is diverticulosis, the eliminated stools are shaped funnily.. because they go through the area that has the pockets, sometimes they come out looking elongated and slimmer, the way cheese would look after you use a cheese grater. I wonder if that ever happens.

Wow Ive never written this on a board before...

Sep 26, 2007, 12:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jakes
    I was medically observed, the last scoop was 2years ago,and it was ok for a few months and went back to how it currently is. They said its not IBS.
    I eat alot of chicken, pasta, stuff that wont effect my stomach
    I dont eat any beans,red meat,no milk at all,and any strong food.

thanks for the help
    I heard that IBS is diagnosed as the problem when all other possible problems have been eliminated, and not until then, although the symptoms of IBS tend to be the same for the most part.

Sep 26, 2007, 12:57 AM
    I don't want to go througt the colonoscopy again, is there any other way of finding out. The chesse thing does sort of happen because I have never had solid stools ever.
    Also I read that if it is my nervours system, I should take Vitamin B6 and eat this..

From this Website - Calm Your Nerves with Carboyhdrates

Whole-wheat pasta with tomato sauce
    Oatmeal
    Popcorn
    Bagels
    Tortillas
    Dry cereal with no milk
    Lollipops
    Vitamin B6 is necessary for producing serotonin, so be sure to eat foods with B6 in them. Eating these foods high in B6 will ensure that you have the tools for calming foods to do their work.

The following foods are high in B6 and carbohydrates:

Bananas
    Sweet potatoes
    Potatoes
    Raisins
    Whole-grain cereal

But won't cereal make my stomach work
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 10:46 AM
    The whole-grain cereal and oatmeal will give you bulk for your system, so your intestines will have to work harder to digest.

Instead of taking only one B vitamin (not recommended by health food gurus), take B-complex (all the B vitamins that work together) daily. It's a good stress reliever.

Could the dr. check your colonoscopy results for signs of diverticulosis?

Maybe with the right diet, a vitamin regime, twice daily yoga or some other kind of stress-busting exercise, you can improve your health situation.
    Kusha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 03:11 AM
    Can I find out if it is a painful process on doing the colonoscopy? :(
    meteorra1n Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 08:57 AM
    Have you looked into celiac disease?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older toilets -- weak swirl, weak flush [ 24 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. Our toilets are original to the house, 20-plus years old. When flushed, the swirl isn't strong enough to completely flush the bowl. The bowl does NOT overflow, but it has to be flushed multiple times. We have very hard water where we live, despite having a regularly...

Bad gag reflexes and weak stomach [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I wasn't sure which topic to post this under. Since I can remember, I have ALWAYS had a weak stomach, and very sensative gag reflexes. The slightest smell will make me gag beyond belief. For example, I live in St. Louis by the Mississippi River, and when I get close to the river...

How do I get my weak hand better? [ 4 Answers ]

I really need to get better dribbling with my left hand. And I've tried Everything from 2-ball drills and tennis ball drills and none of them Seem to be working. Can you give me some drills to help me and maybe Some tips? I only have a couple of months before the season starts... Thank you...

Weak Headaches? [ 1 Answers ]

Yo there guys, I'm male and 20! I'm not the most 'healthy' person to be honest (on the inside) I eat so much crap even though I'm extremely slim, and I have a too bada habbit of staying up during the night, very poor sleeping patterns. (even though when I do nod off, I sleep for about 7 - 14...

View more questions Search