Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bstetter79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Frigidaire Dryer: No power but outlet is working
    Just bought a new-ish Frigidaire Dryer on Craig's list ('supposedly only been used a few times). Came home and plugged it in and got no power. Does not start and light does not turn on. I put back the old dryer to see if the outlet was blown but the old dryer worked. I unscrewed the back to make sure the power cord was connecting correctly and everything looked great. I followed all of the cords as best I could and everything looked perfect.

Any ideas?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Sounds as if the thermal fuse is blown. Disconnect unit from the power and test it for continuity. If none replace. It is located on the vent housing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire dryer [ 2 Answers ]

How do I replace the thermal limiter. I have taken the screws out of the clips, but can't get to the part. The top won't come lose.

Intermiten power from outlet? [ 4 Answers ]

After a storm I have been having problems from an outlet and about half the house... I get power to my stove to 4 outlets and 4 lights for a while then all the sudden the power goes out completely for them. I don't understand what could be causing the sudden loss of power the breakers never...

GFI Outlet has no power [ 7 Answers ]

I have no power on several room and have found out that the GFI outlet has no power, what is causing this problem? Thank you RC:confused:

GFI Outlet Has No Power [ 4 Answers ]

I have a GFI outlet in my garage that has no power. It displays a yellow light; all of my other GFI outlets display a green light. There are two buttons on the outlet; I can press one to disable the outlet, the other turns it back on, and it displays the yellow light, with no power. There are...

View more questions Search