Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saisreesudha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Insurance that covers IVF
    I live in CA. We are covered under Blue cross HMO plan which does not cover fertility treatments. I would like to know which insurance covers it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 08:18 PM
    I do not know of any that will cover it. Normally fertility treatment is considered an "elective" treatment and not medically needed.

Also since you have already been (treated) for this, another insurance that even would maybe cover it, would now see it also as a pre-existing condition.
    jef1056 Posts: 70, Reputation: 5

Sep 20, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Thirteen states have a mandate to some extent for Infertility treatments. CA has a mandate to offer, the carrier has to tell the employer that infertility coverage is available, at additional cost.
    Fertility LifeLines™ - State-Mandated Insurance List
    Check here for more info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IVF and Adhesions [ 1 Answers ]

I am set to begin first round of IVF and am wondering what are my chances of success as I have adhesions from two previous operations. The RE thinks that I have a very good chance. However, I am still a bit skeptical.

IVF Insurance in MASS [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I just found out that we have to have IVF (in vitro)to conceive. We don't have any insurance right now, and we need to find who will cover this. There has been past failed pregnancies with the result of surgery as well. Do you know of any companies that will consider us?

Solar Covers [ 2 Answers ]

Last summer we purchased a new solar cover for our above ground pool and on the recommendation of the pool guy we bought a thicker, more expensive one to help keep it warmer. It seems to be having the opposite affect. I get frustrated because the season is so short here in Ohio but the water is...

CD Covers [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone knows a site where I can download CD covers that have front, back, inlay, Cd and inlet, especially rock Cds. Your help would be greatly appreciated

View more questions Search