Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donmic Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Mitosis and meiosis
    Why is metosis and meiosis important to living organisms? When would an organism need to undergo the process of mitosis? Meiosis? What would happen if meiosis did not occur?
    Any clue..?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Seriously look it up!! Google is your friend, so is your textbook. If you have any specific questions that aren't 'can you do my homework for me' I'll help.

If you post up what you think is happening in each case I'll nudge you in the right direction.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 11:45 AM
    I always remembered the difference between the 2 because "mitosis" sounds like "my-toe-sies". So you can remember that mitosis is how your toes grow, and meiosis is "the other one" :)

Maybe that will help someone some day :)
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 11:48 AM
    That's so weird Capuchin. Then again I learnt it that mitosis is easier to spell and simpler whereas I could never spell meiosis and it was harder to learn so I can't really comment.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 11:51 AM
    I have loads of odd little things like that.
    nicknkat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 06:41 PM
    Here is a thought for the first person that answered that responded to this question. How about you either answer the question or just ignore it. Leaving rude and condescending responses doesn't help anyone.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 09:33 AM

FYI, nicknkat, we are not supposed to give out answers like that. We are here to HELP, not give answers. We guide people towards the answer, show them how to get it, put them on the right track if they are getting away from the expected answer.

Google is there to give the answers, not here. Textbooks have the definitions required. These are so easy ways to obtain the required answer. Here, if you are asking for the answer, that means you are lazy, and won't probably do the same question well if ever you came to it again. Finding the answer, or trying to get it is the easiest way to remember. Hard work does pay.

And also, you fetched that thread which is nearly 2 years old... and templelane is rarely on the forum, and most probably not the OP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search