Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Delilah P Posts: 82, Reputation: 14

Sep 12, 2007, 12:04 PM
    What Does "Minute Order" Mean In A Proceeding?
    I'm keeping an eye on my sister's boyfriend's divorce proceeding. In his opinion, his divorce was supposed to be finalized early last August. When that didn't happen, he said "early September". He was scheduled for a hearing this past Monday and yesterday, but the record now shows/states, "Minute Order". Does that mean one or both attorneys, or the judge, want to review all of the minutes of the proceedings before they continue? Thanks for any insight. :confused:
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Sep 15, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Here are two sites of info that can help explain it:
    What is a Minute Order?
    Lawyers Need More Than a Minute to Review Minute Orders
    Hope that helps.
    Delilah P Posts: 82, Reputation: 14

Sep 15, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Thank you! Yes! Your link gave me the info I was looking for on minute order! :D
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Sep 15, 2007, 09:44 AM
    You are most welcome, glad it helped. Sometimes it's just a bit easier to send you to a link than try to explain it all in my own words. :)
    ebethdoran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Hi, my boyfriend just received the minute order from his attorney, it states what she gets but not specific. Like, she gets the harley but there were two harleys involved and he did not specify a year or make. And the attorney fees were not discussed. She gets the house but there is not move out date he said it is up to them to decide. What the heck is that all about is this a legal document? Can she take possession of the house and his harley without a desription being made?
    Elizabeth

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I serve "order to show cause" on other party? [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to file an Order to Show Cause. I was wondering if I need to contact a process server to serve the Order to the other side; or is it sufficient to send a certified return receipt letter. (This is a great website - thanks to all)

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search