Ask
    kiwibec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 12:50 AM
    Password for Wireless D-Link DI-524
    How do you activate a password on my wireless router? D-Link DI-524
    DonaldDooŽ Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 03:25 PM
    How to Access the D-Link Configuration Screen:

1. Launch your Web browser. Enter (default) "http://192.168.0.1" into the address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
    2. A logon pop-up screen will appear. Type "admin" for the username and leave the password field blank.
    3. Click "OK". A D-Link configuration screen will appear. All changes to the D-Link configuration are made here.

Change the Admin password:

Go to the D-Link configuration screen and:
    1. Click the "Tools" tab.
    2. Click the "Admin" button.
    3. Under the "Administrator" heading, enter the new password, and a second time to confirm.
    4. Click "Apply".
    5. The next time you access the D-Link configuration screen, you will need to enter the new Admin password.

Don
    Mackie-P-123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 08:53 AM
    This doesn't work for me!
    I don't know what to type in.
    helpmoi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDooŽ View Post
    How to Access the D-Link Configuration Screen:

1. Launch your Web browser. Enter (default) "http://192.168.0.1" into the address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
    2. A logon pop-up screen will appear. Type "admin" for the username and leave the password field blank.
    3. Click "OK". A D-Link configuration screen will appear. All changes to the D-Link configuration are made here.

Change the Admin password:

Go to the D-Link configuration screen and:
    1. Click the "Tools" tab.
    2. Click the "Admin" button.
    3. Under the "Administrator" heading, enter the new password, and a second time to confirm.
    4. Click "Apply".
    5. The next time you access the D-Link configuration screen, you will need to enter the new Admin password.

Don
    Ok so I tried doing that but to my surprise it just sort of disaapeared then came back I don't recall changing it any time I may have, but I do not remember it. Is there any way to recover it? If so, please tell me. Is there anything else I can do??
    hw30042 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 02:20 AM

I have a d link di 524 wireless router is configured for open access. Can you advice how to set up a password on the network step by step.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

How to reset a wireless link [ 1 Answers ]

Dudes and Dudets, Could anyone assist me with info on the varios ways to reset a wireless data link either phtsically or remotely. Many thanks as I await your reply CABI:confused:

PC use of Verizon Wireless Aircard or Wireless USB Modem [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have an idea of how to set up a home PC (not a laptop) to use Verizon's Wireless Aircard Broadband PC cards? I'd like to go the cheaper route and get the PC card... and see how it works. My other option is purchasing Verizon's wireless USB modem. Has anyone used one on a home PC? ...

D-Link Wireless Router - how do I set up to require password to access? [ 2 Answers ]

I have DI-524 Wireless Router. How do I set up to require users to require password to connect (go from unsecured to secured)? I suspect my neighbors using my router and it is impacting performance of my connections. And for the life of me, I can't figure out the manuals which came with the...

View more questions Search