Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christy061 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Penny from the 1800's
    I have an 1894 penny. Anyone know what it's worth?--Thanks
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Sep 7, 2007, 12:49 AM
    Values depend very much on the condition of the coin. A quick check on eBay (only as an indication). 1894 UK penny is about £1, 1894 US penny (Indian Head) is about $4. IF you think it is worth a lot more take it to a dealer for valuation
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 07:16 PM
    I agree with the answer above. It does depend on the condition of it. A person really needs to see it first hand and up close in order to determine a possible value.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Hey Christy 061,- Ithink you had get you a coin book ( one can be gotten at books a million walmart etc. ) My book shows that this coin is worth in G-4 ( lowest grade to be ) Worth $ 4.00 BUT ,IF IT IS A CERTAIN 1894 , Called a double die, the date will be double and in G-4 condition $25.00 . SO have it checked out or get a book,. There Are about 4 companys in U>S>A> ,called ( ANACS P.O. BOX 7173;; Dublin OH. 43017-0773 e-mail:[email protected] .) They will grade the coin for you and put it in asealed holder.::"" IF I!VE been of help Let me Know. I!D sure love to know if it was double die??
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle
    Hey Christy 061,- Ithink you had get you a coin book ( one can be gotten at books a million walmart ect. ) My book shows that this coin is worth in G-4 ( lowest grade to be ) Worth $ 4.00 BUT ,IF IT IS A CERTAIN 1894 , Called a double die ,, the date will be double and in G-4 condition $25.00 . SO have it checked out or get a book ,.. There Are about 4 companys in U>S>A> ,called ( ANACS P.O. BOX 7173;; Dublin OH. 43017-0773 e-mail:[email protected] .) They will grade the coin for you and put it in asealed holder.::"" IF I!VE been of help Let me Know., I!D sure love to know if it was double die ???
    Thanks to your showing up on this site, I am starting to get interested in pulling out my coin collection again. I haven't messed with it in many years. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1944 penny value [ 4 Answers ]

Does a well preserved 1944 penny have any considerable value ?

Silver certificates from 1800's? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 silver certificates from 1899. 2 silver certificates from 1917. 1 silver certificate from 1891. And 1 two dollar silver certificate from 1899. Most of them are in good condition... very little wear and tear with few creases. Any idea what they might be worth? Much appreciated.

Finding information on an adoption in the late 1800's [ 3 Answers ]

I am researching my family tree and in the process I have learned that my Great Grand Father was adopted. How would I go about finding information on that?

Adoption records from 1800's in Chelsea, MA? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I've been researching my family tree since my father died in 1980, but I've hit a major snag when it comes to my great-grandfather, James Parker Dow. James was born in apx. 1850-1851 and died in a drowning accident at a Vassalboro, Maine sawmill in February 1876. (I've found his unmarked...

View more questions Search