Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Candy368 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2003, 04:21 PM
    Help with calculating amount of Fe
    I did an experiment involving the gravimetric determination of Iron in Geritol.

At the end of the experiment I was left with a product, Fe2O3 that weighed 0.417 g

I'm not sure how to calculate the amount of Iron from here.

This is what I did.
    I calculated the molar mass of Fe2O3 to be 159.6922 g.
    Then I figured that Fe2O3 was 69.9433% Fe.

So I multiplied the weight of my product with the % to get 0.28096 g of Fe in my product.

Does this make any sense?

The manufacturer's analysis of Geritol says there should be 60 mg of elemental Iron per tablet.
    (my sample contained two tablets)

Are my calculations wrong? Or did I mess up the experiment??

Please help ASAP!
    THANKS!
    wthai Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2003, 08:04 PM
    Re: Help with calculating amount of Fe
    I checked your calculations and they seem to be correct.
    If you got your Fe2O3 by precipitation, perhaps you need to add more of the substance used to precipitate out the Fe203 just so that u get all the Fe out of the solution. Also when you write out the equation of the reaction, did you balance it? Maybe you didn't take into consideration the number of moles of Fe2O3 you got in the end.
    pavani Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 10:12 PM
    A company's normal capacity utilization is reckoned as 90%, it has a production capacity of 200000 units per year. Standard variable production cost and the variable selling cost are Rs. 11 and Rs. 3 per unit respectively. However the fixed cost and the fixed selling cost are rs. 360000 and Rs. 270000 per year respectively. The unit selling price is Rs. 20. In the year just ended on 31 December 2006, the production was 160000units and the sale was 150000 units. The closing inventory on 31st Dec was 20,000 units. The actual variable production costs for the year were Rs. 35,000 higher than the standard.

Calculate the profit for the year,
    a) Marginal costing method.
    b) absorption costing method

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating pi to n decimal places [ 5 Answers ]

Suppose your goal is to calculate (not look up) a value of pi that is accurate to n decimal places. Suppose n were 10. How would you do it?

Calculating board feet [ 7 Answers ]

How do you calculate board feet? I understand Linear feet, but I don't get board feet and apparently neither does anyone else I know.:confused:

Vested amount [ 1 Answers ]

Friends, just need some clarification on some financial speak. What is vested amount in reference to a balance on a 401K statement? Thanks?

Calculating air conditioning requirements [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, Our residential building has to replace the air conditioner for the lobby and guess who's been asked to research it. The current A/C unit is attached to the ceiling in the basement and supplys air to the duct work leading to the lobby. A label on the unit indicates 2 tons. It's...

View more questions Search