Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasmine21 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Is it OK for a recovering meth addict to drink alcohol?
    Long story short... my mother-in-law, (who was a well rounded, middle class citizen), was addicted to crystal meth for about four years. She has been "clean" for about two years, but in the last month or two began drinking alcohol. It's not that she has done it in excess, (that I know of ) but the fact that she has done it at all worries me that it could lead to something else. Do I have reason to be concerned?. this is my child's grandmother
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Sep 7, 2007, 06:35 AM
    I would be, when it comes to addicts, all drugs (alcohol included) are considered "GateWay" drugs. They shouldn't do anything at all if they are a recovering addict. Clean is clean nothing else. So keep an eye on her. Good luck to you and your family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The sims addict [ 3 Answers ]

I used to own the basic sims package when it first came out and I loved it so much, (dont have cd now) does anyone know of a site were I can downlaod or play the sims free or are there any free online sim like games out there?

Am I in pain or just an addict? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 34 and have had sever hip pain in my left hip for about 6 or 7 years. Don't know what is causing it have had all kinds of test. I have an appointment at a pain clinic soon. My question is, how do you know if you are addicted to the meds? I mean I have DT's when I don't have anything but I...

Brother not around his girlfriend and twins live with me, mother a meth addict [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My brother has gotten himself in trouble and as always in these circumstances the family suffers with the person convicted. I have moved my Brother's girl friend and their twins into my home due to thes circumstances. The girl friend is unable to support her self or two children. The...

Mom is a pill addict [ 6 Answers ]

My mom who is 60 years old is addicted to Ativan/Lorazepam and has been for maybe a few years. She has been through some very serious life changes ei: forced into early retirement where she was making VERY VERY good money to now surviving on next to nothing, been married and divorced multiple...

Love Addict [ 3 Answers ]

Why do I always desire to be loved and to love. I can't think of myself being by myself. I stayed in an abusive relationship just to not be by myself. I left this relationship finally when it became very uncontrollable. I am in another relationship with a married man and I know that it is wrong...

View more questions Search