Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TiredofColor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Temporary dye won't wash out
    I dyed my hair with Natural Instincts- Dark Auburn. I really liked the color and all
    But my roots are growing in and I just can't get rid of it!
    It's fading, but I want it to go away! I have to start of professional job soon and I don't
    Want two different colors in my hair!
    I've tried Prell, dishsoap, V05 hot oil, and nothing really seems to be helping the root situation look any better!

Please gimme something!
    Hairdesigner Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Unfortunately colors like that will never fully leave your hair until its cut off even if it says its temporary. The problem with boxed color from the drug store is its often up to 6 years old and the chemicals in it change a bit with time. Believe me I learned my lesson before I new better. What you could do is go to a salon and get your hair colored one more time before you start your job and while your there work out a plan with your stylist to get back to your natural color. The problem is once you start coloring your hair its hard to stop.
    TiredofColor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Salon?

Can't afford and really would like to stay away from permanent dyes.
    I've dyed my hair only once before- and it took a little longer than the box
    Said, but it really faded nicely and evenly.
    Isn't there anything that will make it fade?
    Can I strip it any way?

With vinegar, or Color Fix or something?
    Hairdesigner Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 06:38 PM
    What you could try is a little bit of woolite and shampoo at a ratio of 1:1. We use this method in the salon if a color has grabbed too dark. I'm not sure how long the color has been in your hair but it may help it fade a bit. Also use hot water when you wash it will help the color rinse out faster. As for color fix, that product is meant for permanent color only and since Natural Instincts contains metallic salts the 2 may create quite the interesting reaction on your head. For example I have seen metallic salt mixed with some professional products and the hair literally turns pea green. Your best bet is to use a clairifying shampoo or the woolite shampoo I mentioned. Also you can always go to a school if you can't afford a salon.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 2, 2007, 07:01 PM
    If you have chemically lightened hair or light hair, the temporary color may leave a permanent stain on your hair. You should consider going to a salon and have corrective color done. They will either use a high lift color or strip and re-color your hair to achieve your desired color.
    Noproblem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Hi, I had a similar problem. I recommend that you squeeze lemons, until you have enough to soak your hair completely, leave it to dry, the hair will go very hard. Then wash the lemon juice off, with water warm or cool doesn't matter, then do the same method again. Then wash it off as you would normally, using a lot of conditioner, even leave the conditioner if for 10 minutes. It may not be the healthiest thing for your hair, however its also not the worst thing you could do. Now what it will do is lighten it, a lot, ( I had red hair and did it every day for a week and I ended up gingery blonde) the more you do thisthe lighter it will go in comparisson to whatever the color of dye is on your head. So be careful. Although I didn't want gingery blonde hair, it allowed me to go buy a color that suited my roots better, so I was much happier. Then I went to the salon and hey presto, had the color done I wanted. Hope this helps, good luck x
    Jodders Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 11:49 AM
    If u had to mix two bottles together, it isn't a temporary, temporary colours u wash in or are like coloured gels hair sprays and mousses, if u used two bottles it's a quasi or semi permanent if not permanent
    cupcake2468 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 04:41 PM
    Can you wash out temporary hair color

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

Wash-Out Black Hair Dye [ 3 Answers ]

A couple of days ago I dyed my hair black. Luckily, I used one of the wash-out ones that will last about 28 washes. However, I really don't like the way it looks. I've washed my hair about 10 tens already and it is faded but still black. I wanted to know if there was a way that I could get the...

Temporary hair dye [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My friend really wants to dye her hair blond, and she wants me to do it for her. This is a pretty big step, as she has very dark brown hair. I was wondering, is there a temporary hair dye we could use before so she doesn't regret it? I didn't know if it was possible to go from brown to...

Getting temporary custody? [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: I am 18 years old I have a one and a half year old daughter and I married her father. Her father and I are separated no paperwork or temporary custody has been filed. The father has kept her away from me for a month now.. and he is just now letting me vist her and it is only...

Temporary Custody? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 21 years old, married and the aunt of 5 children. Before I start, I am very mature for my age and I always have been. My sister of 5 children (only 2 from the same father) has always had drug problems off and on during her life- she has been going through a MAJOR patch the last 2 years. The 2...

View more questions Search