Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crowin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Old house bad smell
    HI!

I have a problem. We live in a 200 year old farm house with the old dirt cellar. Recently we had central heat and air put in the house. When the duct work was done an awful smell came from the holes in the floor. It smells like something is dead down there. It is coming from the holes in the floor where the vents are. When the guys doing the work were down there they did not say anything about something being dead down there. I have no idea how to get rid of it. HELP!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Maybe you will have to dig up your cellar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad smell under house [ 8 Answers ]

I have read a lot of similar questions to mine, but none seem to describe my situation exactly so here goes: I have absolutely no clue about plumbing although I'm beginning to figure out some things. My husband and I bought our first house last year and it's proving to be a lot of work. It's a...

Bad smell in house comes & goes [ 59 Answers ]

We've been living in the same home for over 6 years. It's a normal, modern home & we keep it clean. Maybe 6 months ago, this strange smell appeared in my daughter's bedroom. It's a combination of musk, fish & just plain stink. Sometimes it only lasts for a few minutes, sometimes hours, sometimes...

BAD SMELL I have a very bad smell coming from my toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I live on a slab, older house & have a horrible smell coming from one of my bathrooms, also there are nats flying out of my shower drain. Do you have any idea on what this could be... I really don't have the money for a plumber... please let me know any suggestions... Thank You :confused: ...

Bad smell in house [ 1 Answers ]

We have a sewage-like stinky smell that seems to come and go and we believe is coming from a bathroom in our home. We have a septic tank but it has been recently cleaned out. Our plumber can't locate a problem. We're not sure exactly where it's coming from and have no idea what it is. We also...

Bad smell in my house [ 4 Answers ]

Hi.I really have a problem.We had a mouse in the house and used some poison.But now on the bathroom we have a very bad smell which is becoming stronger.We checked but couldn't find anything.I think there is a dead mouse somewhere in the house but we can't find.The smell is becoming very bad...

View more questions Search