Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shemikavaughn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Toilet backing up in the tub. Why is this?
    Why is my toilet backing up in the tub and not flushing?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 05:50 AM
    There is a blockage of some type in the line going out.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 29, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Chuck's correct. You have a blockage downstream from the tub and the back pressure is interfering with the flush action. The drain has to be snaked and cleared. This can be done by snaking from the lavatory roof vent or pulling the toilet and going down the closet bend. If you come down from the rood vent put out enough cable to reach the base and 20 feet more. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet backing up in wash tub [ 7 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet it gurgles in the kitchen sink and then comes up in the washer tub in the basement, raw sewage and all. I have a septic tank. I have already had a plumber come and snake ALL the drains, even the main line, and it is still happening. PLEASE HELP

Frozen Drain? Grey water backing into tub [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1961 one story house on a slab foundation. The weather has been below freezing, day and night, for the last two weeks. I ran the washing machine, and during the drain cycle, noticed air "blooping" in the toilet bowl next to the shower (also in use). After appx one minute, the shower...

Help - Tub is backing up! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. New to forum, maybe someone can help me. I have noticed that my tub drainage has been slowing down again. Just had cleaned it (using a plastic piece with hooks that got through mail, worked fine) a few weeks ago, but my wife said MY hair was clogging it up again. Had not gotten to it yet......

Brown smelly water backing up in tub... [ 1 Answers ]

This evening when my wife was washing her face in the bathroom sink she noticed that brown smelly water was coming up through the tub drain. This only occurred when she was running the hot water and would slowly drain after the hot water was turned off. Although our tub has always drained slowly...

Washer backing up in tub and shower... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, this is my first post here, ill try to describe problem as best as I can. I have a sink and a bathtub in small bath, sink drains fine but tub drains slow, and no backup when washer drains. The kitchen has a dishwasher and a sink, drains fine but little backup when washer drains. ...

View more questions Search