Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanny_2006 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

Aug 27, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Dating two guys at the same time(confused)
    I have been dating two guys and they seem very nice and likes me for who I am. My problem is that I don't want to be dating them at the same time for fear that they'll find out about each other. I really like both of them and would like to continue dating them, do you think that I should continue or I should leave one of them.
    Guy number 2 really wants me to be his girlfriend but I can't decide who to choose from because Guy number 1 thinks that we are an item and I have known him longer than Guy number 2.
    What should I do? Should I leave guy number 1 for guy number 2 ?
    dooferdingle Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Aug 27, 2007, 01:00 PM
    maybe you should be honest with them both and let them decide if they want to be with a cheat? is this boyfriend 1 or 2? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ip-123323.html im confused too!
    shanny_2006 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

Aug 27, 2007, 01:09 PM
    U were of no help thanks
    tamicka edwards Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shanny_2006
    I have been dating two guys and they seem very nice and likes me for who i am. My problem is that i don't want to be dating them at the same time for fear that they'll find out about each other. I really like both of them and would like to continue dating them, do u think that i should continue or i should leave one of them.
    Guy number 2 really wants me to be his girlfriend but i can't decide who to choose from because Guy number 1 thinks that we are an item and i have known him longer than Guy number 2.
    What should i do? Should i leave guy number 1 for guy number 2 ?
    I think you should put it down on paper and who ever has the most good things about him wins but you have to be true
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Shanny, from what I am gathering from your other post you are still a virgin. Have you made a commitment to either one of them? Are they both pressuring you for a exclusivity, meaning, are they making it clear that THEY don't want to date anyone else but you?

When we are young, if there isn't an understanding that we are dating one person only, there is nothing that says you have to only date one guy. BUT, if you are seriously involved with boyfriend number 1 to the point that he believes you are dating him only and you are thinking about having sex with him, you need to take a step back and really think this whole thing through. Are you leaning toward guy #2 because guy #1 has made it clear he wants to have sex with you? Is this something that you REALLY want to do? I think Tamicka has come up with a good idea for you. Take two pieces of paper and write each guys name at the top of each sheet. Draw a line down the middle of both papers. On one side, put a heading that says "PRO" or "GOOD", on the other side of the line put a heading that says "CON" or "BAD". Write down what is good about each one, what you like about each one on the "good" side. Then, write down what you don't like about each one on the "bad" side. Keep a running list for the next week or two. When you feel that you have absolutely finished the lists, that you have really gotten everything down that you love about each one and that you don't like about each one, then look at the lists and compare them. The one that has more "good" than "bad" things is probably the one you should decide to be with. You want to make sure that whichever one it is, it will be the guy that will treat you right and who will treat you with the most respect.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 01:59 PM
    If you aren't certain who you want to make a commitment to then I see nothing wrong with continuing to date both boys. When there is no commitment the idea is that both individuals are free to date other people.

If you feel pressured to choose figure out if that what you really want. If it isn't then tell them both you are enjoying just dating. If they get upset you may risk losing both guys. But don't let that make you feel as if you have to "keep" one.
    shayloveantwan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 02:23 PM
    I have been dating two guys and they seem very nice and likes me for who i am. My problem is that i don't want to be dating them at the same time for fear that they'll find out about each other. I really like both of them and would like to continue dating them, do u think that i should continue or i should leave one of them.
    Guy number 2 really wants me to be his girlfriend but i can't decide who to choose from because Guy number 1 thinks that we are an item and i have known him longer than Guy number 2.
    My suggestions to you will be to follow you heart not your mind because you mind may lead you in the wrong direction when it comes to love.Fromwhat you said thought you should stick with guy number 1 because you have known him longer. Not saying that he want change, but there is least probility that he will. On the other hand the other one has had as long has the first to show his true side, but follow your heart u the only one who knows. Think of this to which one do you have to most feeling for? (only for ages 18 and up but any age probably can try it) Tell them both to do something for you serious and see if one comes though better or quikier.
    SnakeBite Posts: 68, Reputation: 4

Aug 28, 2007, 12:53 PM
    I am a man and I always believed in dating one woman.
    I can't understand how a woman can date two men at once? So on Friday you are intimate with John, tongue kissing, feeling, touching, caressing etc... And on Saturday you are intimate with Bob, tongue kissing, touching, feeling, caressing etc... And both guys know nothing about you dating another guy?
    Well, I think that you are being "just plain sneaky," selfish and borderline sleazy...

Aug 28, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dooferdingle
    maybe you should be honest with them both and let them decide if they want to be with a cheat? is this boyfriend 1 or 2? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ip-123323.html im confused too!
    I agree with you. I clicked on the wrong one. Sorry!
    angie_needs_help_101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 01:06 PM
    OK first have a friend ask them about u that way u can see which knows u the best and whoever knows u the best choose him. And if u still have problems then which one do u have the most class with and/or ride the bus with? Because whoever u have the most class with or ride the bus home then go out with them and if both then the guy who rides the bus home with u because then he will be able to save u a seat and u will have someone to talk to and hugs and sometimes kiss!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 01:58 PM
    What's the problem here? These guys don' own you and you shouldn't have to feel guilty for one because of the other. Just go on seeing them both and have a good time. At your age there's no need to get exclusive with either one of them.

Aug 28, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    What's the problem here? These guys don' own you and you shouldn't have to feel guilty for one because of the other. Just go on seeing them both and have a good time. At your age there's no need to get exclusive with either one of them.
    She should not lead them on which is what it sounds like she is doing. If she is seeing two people, its only fair that the guy's are aware of the fact that she is dating other people. Then the guy's will know where they stand and they can make a decision as to what's best for them.
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Aug 28, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Are the two guys aware of one another? Are you just seeing the guys or actually in a relationship with each one? There is a big difference between the two.

Aug 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by modular01
    Are you just seeing the guys or actually in a relationship with each one? There is a big difference between the two.
    This is a good question. In most situations like this, I think the person is trying to have two boyfriends.
    How do you define just dating?
    iiheartloserrrs Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Play the game and if you can
    Play it right? I'm sure one of them
    Will eventully do something that
    You don't like, and that's going
    To be your excuse to break up
    With him. Or do the right thing
    And go for #1 I guess?
    Take care!
    BrightLight Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 09:42 PM
    "I have been dating two guys and they seem very nice and likes me for who i am." Obviously they have no idea who you are!. a cheater! If one found out about the other they would probably be pissed and break it off with you. After all... no one likes a cheater. You have to choose one or the other you just can't have them both. You are putting any friendship with either one of them in jepordy, my advice go for who make you laugh! When you have good news to share... who do you go to first?
    iiheartloserrrs Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightLight
    "I have been dating two guys and they seem very nice and likes me for who i am." Obviously they have no idea who you are!.. a cheater! if one found out about the other they would probably be pissed and break it off with you. after all... no one likes a cheater. You have to choose one or the other you just can't have them both. You are putting any friendship with either one of them in jepordy, my advice go for who make you laugh! when you have good news to share... who do you go to first??

Once a CHEATER always a cheater I mean "playA" LOL...
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 02:46 PM
    I think you should break it off with both of them and see who you miss the most. You won't be two timming them and you can think with a clear head.
    jhmmr Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Well it depends, if you are "dating" there can be multiple men not that you want to be intimate with all of them but its OK. Once you have chosen one you shouldn't cheat or "date ' anymore.
    alyxstarxx23 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 03:38 PM
    I am in 6th grade and like this boy named Aexander (alex... which is my name too... well alexandria but people call me alex too). Alex flirts with me so much its not even funny. And I flirt with him back. In lunch today I was a person apart from him in line and the person between was scott. Alex was talking to scott and I heard alex say "shes about as tall as her (as in me) and i said "huh? What about me?" and he said "I'm talking about my girlfriend" those words echoed in my mind...i have a girlfriend.....(why would he flirt with me if he has a girlfriend??) then he said "she goes to athena. She was supposed to go here but she didn't" i just said "oh... ". i've been trying to stay away from him scince lunch because we'll wind up flirting with eachother and since he has a girlfriend it would be wrong for him to like someone else. in H&C (home and careers.....the class after lunch)our teacher chooses where we sit (we sit where our name tags have been placed) but we dont sit in the same spot every class... alex came over to me (i was sitting down) and i said "your over there" which was totally across the room from me. he said "dang it I wanted to sit next to u" he paused for like a milla second "because your the only one I know in this class". he complaind and asked the teacher if he could switch but she said "no switching there there for a reason" (which there really wasnt)......all i could do was look at him during class. every so often when im not looking at him i could see him look at me through the corner of my eye. only once did we make eye contact and hen we did we stared at eachother and i smiled he half smiled. it was sort of awkward tho so we looked away at like 7 seconds. a couple other times we would make contact but it would be 4 a milla second then id look away and smile (im a chicken)....at the end of Home and Careers, he was getting his things together and i was on my way to the door. i had to walk by him to get out. i was walking by and he told me to wait outside because he has to tell me something. i thought he was going to like ask me to be his girlfriend but apperently not (thats when i remembered he had a gf.... i found out about them today so i dont know how strong there relationship is but idk) All he did was flirt with me then ask "what do you have next" and i said "science then math" and he said "ill see you when you go to math because social studies is right next to it".... all i said was "ok"... when he was going to social studies (after math for him) he came out of math and I was outside the door waiting to go in like everyone else in the class... I didn't know he had math though. He came out, he flirted with me (or messed around, same as flirting... he poked me and said poke... dont ask, were weird like that XD) I smiled and he smiled then we went to class. I told my friend aubrey what happened about him asking me about I need to wait for him after class and she said OOooOoooooOOOOoo... lol... then I told her what he said and she said that's stupid... I didn't see him in the halls after or when every one was leaving (D.E.A.R. is after math and it's the last class of the day and all we do is stay in the room that we are currently in and read).
    I am comfortable around him. Were friends aleready but we have feelings for each other (I know he likes me... trust me). Alex likes me for who I am and not just because I'm pretty. I guess ill wait for tomorrow. Please tell me what's happening srry that its so long its just that I don't know what's going on... I need advice

This is for me by the way :) srry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Big guys and dating [ 7 Answers ]

I am a big guy and I need some advice. I really like this girl. She has a great personality and that is what I love abot her. I wan't to ask her out. The ptoblem is she is a lot smaller than me ( shorter and thinner) and I am afraid that she will rejec me because of my size.

I'm confused & need a guys perspective too. [ 10 Answers ]

OK. I've been dating this guy for 9 months + now. Just recently found out that him & his ex before me had sex. That hurts. That hurts me bad. I'm only 16 years old & I've been going to school counseling over this. He said that he could tell that I had moderate depression. I don't want to do my...

Guys what do you like from the girl your dating? [ 8 Answers ]

Im just curious... what do you guys like from the girl your dating? When your at work, do you like your girl to send you a cute text just telling you that she loves you stuff? And when you and your girl are talking on the phone.. what would you be interested in talking to her about? And what...

How much time do guys need? [ 2 Answers ]

So, I am still very interested in that guy (I asked about a month ago). He is still giving me rides home whenever we work the same hours. And so far we have managed to go out twice (due to time issues), and we have also enjoyed good and long conversations, and I do really like him a lot. We have...

View more questions Search