Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovexrachey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 01:40 AM
    How do I put black lowlights on bleach blonde hair?
    I have this amazing plan for my hair, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make it work. My idea is to have bleached blonde hair [probably like platinum blonde or something], with black lowlights in it, and a couple red streaks in my bangs. I know from experience that putting dark colors on bleached hair doesn't work out very well, and that I should use a semi-permanent color for the black parts, or something like that, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make the black color stay, if my hair's already bleached white. I know the red shouldn't be too much trouble, because to have bright colors you usually bleach your hair in the first place anyway, right? But the black is what's really troubling me. If anyone could help me figure this out, I'd be totally grateful.

PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Hair bleaching is a difficult process to do and it should be left up to the professionals. Remember that semi-permanent hair color will last longer or leave a permanent tint on bleached blonde hair. If you want to bleach your hair and add red and black highlights, it's best to get it done professionally.
    lovexrachey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    Hair bleaching is a difficult process to do and it should be left up to the professionals. Remember that semi-permanent hair color will last longer or leave a permanent tint on bleached blonde hair. If you want to bleach your hair and add red and black highlights, it's best to get it done professionally.
    Well, yes I'd been thinking the same thing myself, I was mostly just wondering how it could be done, professionally or not. Thank you.
    jamsadelli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 02:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovexrachey
    I have this amazing plan for my hair, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make it work. My idea is to have bleached blonde hair [probably like platinum blonde or something], with black lowlights in it, and a couple red streaks in my bangs. I know from experience that putting dark colors on bleached hair doesn't work out very well, and that I should use a semi-permanent color for the black parts, or something like that, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make the black color stay, if my hair's already bleached white. I know the red shouldn't be too much trouble, because to have bright colors you usually bleach your hair in the first place anyway, right? But the black is what's really troubling me. If anyone could help me figure this out, I'd be totally grateful.

You can get the clip in extensions for the black to ensure the color is good--I want to get black hair and have platinum blonde hair in the back but am going to use extensions. I am scared to bleach/color my precious locks
    Kat001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Usually by using a cap, 1) brush hair straight out 2) pull out strands that you wish to color 3) apply black (id do permi-black) 4) wait allotted time and wash out 5) blow dry hair 6) repeat steps 1 through 4 with red hair color and voilą :) I did this with my hair and it worked like a charm (my aunts a stylist of going on forty years and gave me the tips) hope I helped at all
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Jul 19, 2008, 06:32 PM
    I've been a stylist for 15 years and believe me, you don't want to attempt this yourself. Your hair is too long to use a cap. The best way to do it without ruining your hair and for the color to stay is to do a multi colored weave. If you bleach first it will not hold the black or the red. Find a stylist that has been doing color for a while because this can be a tricky task, and explain to her what you want...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying hair from black to blonde [ 25 Answers ]

Wel.. I dyed my hair last week a natural black colour and I am putting a natural blonde hair dye on it. I just wondered will it work? And what colour will it go? :confused:

Blonde->Black Hair Coloring: Bleach first? [ 16 Answers ]

I am planning on dying my hair from dark blond (level 7) to black (level 1). My friend is telling me that I should pull all color out of my hair before dying it black so that I do not get unwanted colors in it. However, I have very fine hair and I am worried about the amount of damage that pulling...

I Am Determend To Die Hair Blonde From Black [ 3 Answers ]

I Really Want To Die My Hair Blonde From Black I Am Determeind To Do It?? Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions That I Could Use :o :)

Dying hair from BLONDE to BLACK? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I have blonde hair. I want to dye it black but I'm afraid that it might become permentet or ruin my real hair color... will it??

Can I bleach over strawberry-blonde hair? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everybody, A month ago I wanted to go lighter from a dark/red brown and I bleached it and then put a light brown dye over it as I knew it would go orange, but then I was told to put a pre lightener and an ash blonde in my hair and it turned a nice strawberry blonde. ...

View more questions Search