Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    civic06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 08:45 AM
    2006 Honda Civic Won't Start
    My 2006 Honda Civic EX won't start. I can turn on the headlights and unlock the doors using the "automatic" key and also use the power windows, so I don't think it's the battery, but...

The car has been working just fine since I bought it last year.

Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Remove the battery and place it on a charger. Observe how the amperage needle cuts back or not. My bet is that the battery is bad. I have never seen such a new Honda not start.
    iseebolos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 03:26 PM
    Soleh is ed ae . Because mines the same . It makes a stupid noise . Weird for a new car though . Will try the battery thing , doubt it though .
    HAFranklin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 03:04 PM
    Same thing happened to me last year in my 2006 Civic. The battery had been going bad for some time, and had been draining the alternator. The starter motor had burned up/ locked up because the alternator went bad (so I was told). All 3 had to be replaced at once. Luckily my father and husband were able to do the labor to save $$$ but it wasn't a cheap fix. When it happened to me, I was able to utilize the windows, lights, radio... anything electric. But the car would just "click" when you tried to turn the key. The starter motor was replaced first and we thought all was fixed, but the next day, my car almost wouldn't turn over. That is when we discovered the battery/alternator problem. It happened November 2009 with the original battery still in use. I believe the factory-installed batteries are not meant to last that long. The Honda replacement batteries are a better, long lasting battery. I learned my lesson- hope this helps!
    doudi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 10:51 AM
    After changing the battery my 2006 honda civic won't start and it shows on the dashboard a green key blinking.I don't know what to do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 honda civic won't start HELP PLEASE [ 13 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I was looking around in this forum.. to see if I could get some answers to why my car is not turning over. It's a 1992 Honda Civic Lx. Its been sitting for 2 months b.c I can't figure out the problem. It wouldn't start at a gas station after putting 10 dollars of gas in it, even had...

Honda Civic 2006 change oil message - removing [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to get rid of the maintenance message on my dash? I changed the oil but the message indication the % of oil life will not go out. I cannot read my odometer. Thanks. Home mechanic(?):confused:

98 Honda Civic EX won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Car sat for 7 months while I was in Iraq, was started (not driven) maybe twice in that 7 months (the individuals have been spoken to that where supposed to maintain it for me). Replaced battery when I returned and toped off fluids. Car ran but acted strange the first 2-3 times I drove it. Gauges...

View more questions Search