Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    membah Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2005, 07:47 PM
    does Godiva work? Licorice extract is 10x better than hydroquinone it says...
    I always thought Godiva was just a scam but does it actually work? Over time? I don't mind if it takes awhile but does it work at all? Licorice extract looks promising for skin whitening but let me know!
    carol Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2005, 02:34 AM
    Godiva does work!
    Godiva is definitely not a scam. It's a very popular and effective product line for skin lightening. Active ingredients are licorice extract and vitamin C which are clinically proven for skin lightening. Do not expect results in 7 days though. It may take a lot longer depending on your skin type.
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Nov 20, 2005, 03:29 AM
    Yup. Like 6 years!
    nikki1000 Posts: 98, Reputation: 3

Jul 6, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Another product I wasted my money on!
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

Jul 17, 2008, 04:37 PM
    I agree. I saw no results. w/ Godiva
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Jul 19, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Didn't work for me either.
    Missj28 Posts: 75, Reputation: 2

Jul 19, 2008, 11:38 PM
    When will these companies stop with all the lemons and fruit extracts and just give us the real deal... licorice root! Ugh! I have to agree it was a waste of time.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jul 20, 2008, 04:36 AM
    I wouldn't bother with godiva. I did try their lip balm, didn't really do much.

Look for something with arbutin, kojic acid in it. They DO work. :)
    kelly514 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Godiva doesn't work! I spent a fortune on it... because you're supposed to try a cream for a while before deciding on its effectiveness... and so I did... man! A waste of money!

Last I checked, licorice does lighten skin tone, but you have to check the concentration of it in a product...
    BeAMole Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Hello,

I have wriiten some posts before on this subject. I got three emails from people I supplied my information with. There are two products you need to get for hand and face. One is glycolic acid cream (10%) also kojic acid. The Kojic acid can be founf in Palmers Skin Success Section. It will be in a box and it will state ON THE COVER that it has KOJIC acid. Do not use just any Palmers/Skin Success most of them have just hydroquinone. You need hydroquinone but in conjunction with kojic acid to speed up result. My results have been amazing for achieving an even tone. For two months I used kojic acid alone, and saw good results. (Mind you, this was on my face not hand, but skin is skin). For 3 days I have been doing the opjic regimine WITH the glycolic cream 10%. AMAZING RESULTS! Freaking amazing. My skin is so smooth. The glycolic acid sloshes off dead skin cells at amout 25% faster than normal rate! Skin cells usually flake off about once every 27-28 days. You will peel slightly but it will reveal younger, more radiant skin. Trust me.

Products I use:

Glycolic Acid Cream- 10%- from GNC or Amazon.com. I wnt list the product because I have tried several and as long as you get 10% or higher it will work, regardles of carrier. If you are intereseted in who I use: here you go: Reviva. It is strong so go lightly at first. YOU DO NOT WAS OFF! Just rub in.

Kojic Acid: Palmers Skin Success from Walmart

Here is my regimen. Morning and Night.

Wash face with Clean and Clear Blackhead Removal Wash
    Rub in glycolic acid (lightly... it make take 1-4 days for skin to get used to strength)
    Wait 2-3 minutes
    Rub in Kojic Acid
    It will definitely tingle and sting, but a dermatologist told me that the acid is penetating the layers of skin cells and "ungluing" the cells, allowing them to lift off.

PLEASE TRY THIS ONCE LADIES, you will love yourselves and your beautiful skin.
    Mizzdoitgood Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BeAMole
    Hello,

I have wriiten some posts before on this subject. I got three emails from people I supplied my information with. There are two products you need to get for hand and face. One is glycolic acid cream (10%) also kojic acid. The Kojic acid can be founf in Palmers Skin Sucess Section. It will be in a box and it will state ON THE COVER that it has KOJIC acid. Do not use just any Palmers/Skin Success most of them have just hydroquinone. You need hydroquinone but in conjunction with kojic acid to speed up result. My results have been amazing for achieving an even tone. For two months I used kojic acid alone, and saw good results. (Mind you, this was on my face not hand, but skin is skin). For 3 days I have been doing the opjic regimine WITH the glycolic cream 10%. AMAZING RESULTS! Freaking amazing. My skin is so smooth. The glycolic acid sloshes off dead skin cells at amout 25% faster than normal rate! Skin cells usually flake off about once every 27-28 days. You will peel slighly but it will reveal younger, more radiant skin. Trust me.

Products I use:

Glycolic Acid Cream- 10%- from GNC or Amazon.com. I wnt list the product because I have tried several and as long as you get 10% or higher it will work, regardles of carrier. If you are intereseted in who I use: here you go: Reviva. It is strong so go lightly at first. YOU DO NOT WAS OFF! Just rub in.

Kojic Acid: Palmers Skin Success from Walmart

Here is my regimen. Morning and Night.

Wash face with Clean and Clear Blackhead Removal Wash
    Rub in glycolic acid (lightly...it make take 1-4 days for skin to get used to strength)
    Wait 2-3 minutes
    Rub in Kojic Acid
    It will definitely tingle and sting, but a dermatologist told me that the acid is penetating the layers of skin cells and "ungluing" the cells, allowing them to lift off.

PLEASE TRY THIS ONCE LADIES, you will love yourselves and your beautiful skin.

I am definitely going to try this, I'm sourcing the glycolic acid cream now!!
    pinklips Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 05:24 PM
    Godiva work, just have to ex foliate your lips every day , and if you it one once a day it wouldn't do anything. You have to re apply like least 5 to 6 time daily. I used it for like 2 months and saw good results , but I'm not satisfied. I about to buy more and try my lips more of a pink color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mulberry Extract [ 5 Answers ]

Hi ! This is my first time posting on this forum. I´m a little bit confused. I´ve seen whitening products that contain mulberry extract. Is mulberry extract linked to hydroquinone ? Thanks.

Godiva Safe? [ 6 Answers ]

I wanted to know if Godiva products are safe, and has anyone used them. I have used it in the past and it lighten my skin. I have a little shadow not real dark at all and it lighten it real good. I bought some more godiva products just for that purpose and just wanted to make sure it was safe...

Licorice extract and L-glutathione [ 2 Answers ]

Do either of them work to achieve skin lightening? I need your first-hand experiences please! :)

Godiva skin lightening [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I just bought godiva skin lightening cream and the sunblock spf 15. Has anyone who is naturally dark skinned tried this product and actually seen results? I tried the sunblock and I'm impressed with it as it does not leave the skin looking greasy

Extract Email attachments from Webmail [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know if there is a tool which can help me extract all email attachments from any webmail and store them locally. Gaurav..

View more questions Search