Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    punkrock58 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Aug 14, 2007, 02:34 AM
    Cant Keep A Relationship
    It seems I can never keep a relationship... the longest I've had is 4 months... the shortest 2 day... on average somewere between 2 to 4 weeks tops... most of my relationships happened after the 4 month one... and I've just never really gotten over her exspecally after this summer what happened... she completely broke my heart... but even before then when we were just broken up in December I couldn't keep a relationship... I would like the girl everything about her and then just not didn't really care about her like I thought I did... then there's I just can make up my mined on who I want... so I just don't know... if you have anything for me I would love to hear it
    Justin
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 14, 2007, 07:43 AM
    You're young and this is completely normal. You just haven't found the right girl... nothing wrong with that! Believe me.. the longest relationship I had before my husband was 8 weeks (but I spent 3 weeks trying to break up with him). When I met hubby, we moved in together after 2 weeks and that was 8 years ago.

At this point, do you want a long-term relationship? If not, fine! If so, try looking at the bigger picture. Are you picking girls that are very different from you? Not ready to commit themselves? Are you doing anything negative (not spending time with her, etc.) to ruin a relationship? I bet you learn a little something during each of your relationships... those experiences will help you when you meet THE girl for you. :D

Aug 14, 2007, 12:55 PM
    I do... the thing is I think I found my love of my life... but she doesn't want me anymore... and I don't think I pick girls that are to different then me at times I do yes... them they seem they want to commit... I always try to spend as much time as I can with them... the thing is I just loose interest with the girl really quickly I don't know its like I can't keep a good feeling about them
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Aug 16, 2007, 01:26 PM
    You're rushing things. You don't get over somebody by getting another somebody. You need to get over this girl and THEN go looking for another relationship not the other way around. And I'm sure you're a nice guy so consider the fact that it's not nice of you to go out with someone when you have feelings for ANYONE else let alone an ex girlfriend.

Good luck

Aug 16, 2007, 04:13 PM
    I've realized this... but the thing is not matter what... I honestly can't stop thinking about her... and it pains me everyday that I know it seems like I will never get her back... sure I'm a nice guy all and all... im also a heart breaker... witch I don't mean to be... it just turns out to be like that... its been over 8 months since we broke up and I still can't get over her and I've tried... beleave me. And I know that having feelings for someone while your going out with someone else is wrong that's why I break it off cause that other person deseaves better than that
    Oracleofwisdom Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Aug 16, 2007, 04:15 PM
    The more u try to hold on to something the more u are likely to push it away. I think you should seek counciling there anre issues her that go way deeper than keeping a relationship. There is possibly something in your past that is holding you back it could b fear or insecurity a number of things go to a counciler trust me it seems wimpish but it helps.

Aug 16, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Oracle I know I'm holding back... I always do even with the girl I can't get over I held back from her... I wish I never did... but I did... and I've gone to a counciler I honestly have no issues with it... but I haven't gone to one in a while so haven't had a chance to talk about this.
    Oracleofwisdom Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Aug 16, 2007, 04:32 PM
    I feel for you my friend I really do. Its hard to be honest. Try doing it via a letter e mail whatever if that is easier but explain it explain you find it hard women understand they really do. They love sensative men.
    And your sensative, you just can't release it. You have to be open and honest. You need a better counciler tell them I said you have deeper issues they can explor what they are you probs know I don't I just know you have them. Tell me if I'm wrong. All the best.

Aug 16, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Lol nope I'm always honest... I just make things seem less than what they appear... im a really nice guy lots of people I know come to me to talk about there problems and ask for advice... but I never really... like really let my problems out... I haven't been to a counciler in over 5 months
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Aug 16, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Hello.

Its hard to get over a person but you will, the key is stop thinking about her and the way to do that is keep busy so you don't have time to think about her. Finding Girls to replace her isn't the answer right now because your going to see your ex in them all the time. You need to get your own life back together before you try to have a relationship.

IM not sure if your around your ex a lot but if you are stop that also. Many times its best to find a few new friends so your not always reminded of your ex.

Good Luck
    Dennis777

Aug 16, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Dennis thanks for your advice I will deeply take into consiteration of that... I will say this it will be hard... and I think I should be busy cause school has started... but ill try what you say

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I really need to be in this relationship? Sometimes I don't think so. [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: This is my story are you ready? Well here we go... my boyfriend and I met over myspace... and 2 months of dating we moved in together... for the first 8 months he lied to me and told me he was a virgin and I had to find the truth on a video tape... well I got to looking at his...

About my relationship [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: hello my name is Georgia. I wanted to know why is it me and my boyfriend keep on cussing and we use to live peacefully

Is The Relationship Over? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I apologize for the length - I'm trying to gather opinions as to whether I am wasting my time trying to get back together with my ex-boyfriend, or if I should just move on. He's 50 and I'm 36, dated a little over 2 years and broke up in Feb 07. The breakup was followed by a senseless...

New Relationship [ 3 Answers ]

My boy friend and I have only been dating for 1month and a half, I have a big sex drive and he doesn't the couple of weeks was great but now he only wants sex like once a week, if that, I don't understand the relationship is so new, he says he loves me and he doesn't want to base everything on sex....

Relationship [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My name is Joe, My problem is 3 months ago I met this girl. We have been so called dating ever since. We are both in our 30's. We see each other every day since we met. Shortly after we met she confided in me that she is bi polar. She has always sought help for her...

View more questions Search