Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rflynet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Venting Kitchen sink island
    Hi, I have a kitchen sink in an island remodel we are doing. Do I need to vent this? If so , How? Thanks for all the help.
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Aug 14, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Here you go:
    Attached Images

MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Whew, that is a lot of plumbing there stew. How about purchasing a small under counter vent like used on a tub sometimes? I cost about $4.99 and would be about $25.00 cheaper than what is shown, and work the same and just as well. The $25.00 cheaper is not including the labor if you had to hire someone to do it.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 15, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rflynet
    Hi, I have a kitchen sink in an island remodel we are doing. Do I need to vent this? if so , How? Thanks for all the help.
    Yes, you will need to vent the sink. Every fixture that has a trap has to, by code, be vented.Let me show you how a typical island vent installs,( see images.) Mowerman suggested a AAV,( Automatic Air Vent) in place of the vent return line but the problem with that is some local codes forbid it and AAV's can fail where a island vent can not. Just presenting you with all the oiptions. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink Won't Drain - Venting Problems. [ 5 Answers ]

Greetings. I am having drainage problems in my kitchen sink. We just purchased this home, it is just around 100 years old. The kitchen sink does not drain, or technically, it drains extremely slowly (20 hours or so). The main stack is ancient iron pipe: see this image:...

Venting an island drain [ 1 Answers ]

I'm relocating a kitchen sink onto an island. The island is "down stream" on the 4" waste line from the existing kitchen sink. Does the island require a separate vent?

Under slab leak to kitchen island [ 3 Answers ]

Help I am at my wits end trying to avoid tearing up my slab to replace a ½” hot water line that runs from a wall manifold under my slab to an island that houses the kitchen sink and dishwasher. I am the lucky recipient of this leak shortly after moving into a 7 year old home. Further, the leak...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Venting kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved into a basement apartment of a private residence. The kithen sink had been put in without a vent. It is just direct piped out the house. My question is can I install a vent under the sink without having to tie into the existing vent for the other plumbing as this would be...

View more questions Search