Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scareywi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2005, 08:58 AM
    Vanity Staron (like Corian) Overflow drain lines
    We are trying to install a new Staron double bowl lavatory vanity top. We have put in a Moen Asceri faucet with pop up drain. They have included a plastic adaptor for the drain to hook the overflow tube from the sink, and you put it between the sink underside and the tailpiece. It is white plastic and has rubber gaskets that the overflow tube screws into, but no matter how we install it, it leaks. There were no instructions, and we have a flat rubber washer, and a more rounded smaller rubber washer. This piece is round but does have one flat part that does not fit the seal. Does anyone have any suggestions. Or where we could get parts that would work.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 16, 2005, 11:44 AM
    I can pull up a page on your valve and the pop-up drain. However I can find no reference to the adapter that you describe. Can you give me a Moen part number? Thank you, Tom

Nov 16, 2005, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    I can pull up a page on your valve and the pop-up drain. However I can find no reference to the adapter that you describe. Can you give me a Moen part number? Thank you, Tom

Tom, this is a part supplied by the Staron vanity manufacturer. It is to hook up the overflow valve into the drain system. It is a round plastic piece that goes between the sink bottom and the tailpiece and diverts the overflow tube into the drain.
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 16, 2005, 01:26 PM
    I still can't locate any details on this overflow. Can you post a picture showing me what you have done so far? I do know that Kohler had trouble with the same set up. My advice would be to contact the dealer and ask for instructions. Regards, Tom

Nov 16, 2005, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    I still can't locate any details on this overflow. Can you post a picture showing me what you have done so far? I do know that Kohler had trouble with the same set up. My advice would be to contact the dealer and ask for instructions. Regards, Tom
    I don't have the exact picture but this shows similar to what I am talking about
    http://www.robern.com/customer_support/pdf/526.pdf

If you go to page 5, it shows the overflow assembly with the pvc spacer/adaptor that is installed between the sink and the tailpiece, it is so the overflow water is diverted back into the adaptor and then forced down the drain.
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2005, 12:14 PM
    OK I got it. These are new since I've retired but I would coat the rubber gaskets that are under the white plastic collar with a generous coating of silicon caulk and reassemble. The flat washer sounds like it would go on the pop-up assembly next to the drain and the round piece could be part if the lever assembly in the actuating rod that pops up the stopper. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine drain overflow [ 17 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the drain pipe overflows even after I successfully flushed the drain line with a bladder and power hose. I also flushed the vent system, but there is still overflow. What now coach?:confused:

AC exterior overflow drain [ 3 Answers ]

I have noticed that there is warm water streaming out of my outside overflow drain. I have not had my AC on for weeks, so why is warm water flowing from the drain on the exterior of the home? Thanks!

Vanity Water Lines [ 5 Answers ]

We are having a house built and the plumber ran the water lines up through the floor rather than through the wall. I have never seen this before. Is this common? I am concerned that the lines will not have the strength to support a shutoff valve? Are there any codes related to this issue? ...

Alaska: Floor drain overflow [ 3 Answers ]

I have followed a posting on April 25, 2004, entitled "Washer Drains, floor drain overflow." The problem is similar to mine. However, I have contacted a professional plumber who first "snaked" the below-floor line; then, when that didn't work, he put in a professional acid. I still have an...

Vanity drain line and water supply [ 5 Answers ]

Tom, I have a couple of questions for you. I am installing a double simk vanity. What is the standard for the drain line coming through the wall, as far as how high off the floor, and how far through the wall should it protrude for the trap adapter etc. same thing for the supply lines coming...

View more questions Search