Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akswanson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Sanitary Tee Correct Usage
    I understand that a sanitary T cannot be used on its back as a drain fixture. 1. Can it be used on its back as a vent fixture, for example, a 3x3x2 being placed in line with a toilet run to vent? 2. Can it be used to take two horizontal runs (a tub from one direction and a bath sink from another direction) down a single vertical?

Thanks! Andrew
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2007, 09:04 PM
    #1 not sure what you mean on its back.
    #2. no.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 12, 2007, 06:18 AM
    There are two uses for a sanitary tee; one as a drain from horizontal to vertical, as with a side-arm, or on its back, with the tee leg pointed vertical, for a vent.
    And the tee should be pointed in the direction of flow. It may not be used in a horizontal position to replace a wye or combination wye and eighth bend in drainage. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

Crack above sanitary tee. Non-destructive solution? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so my kitchen sink plumbing consists of three tees connected to each other. The bottom tee is the snake access, and is plugged. The second one goes into this one, and is connected to the garbage disposal waste line. The third connects to this, and is the waste line for the sink. I'm assuming...

Sanitary Tee Vs and Tee w/ longer sweep [ 2 Answers ]

It seems obvious, but I wonder what the logic is behind the use of a short radius elbow or sanitary tee vs one of the long sweep elbows or tees in a sewer rough in. Is it only for lines w/ solids or large volumes in laterals or drains? Or are the longer sweeps more for vertical stack...

Correct word usage [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if it is correct to use continual or continually in the following sentence. I am grateful for our continual unfolding journey. Thank you for your advice... ~ Pia ~ :)

View more questions Search